Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

~*~*~*JC Maths Paper 1 - all levels - Fri. 10th Jun*~*~*~

• 10-06-2016 8:01am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭

For discussion of the exams after they finish.
    Usual rules. No slagging, etc..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Lovely paper! - HL Maths

It was the easiest Maths paper I ever did and I am delighted with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Lovely paper! - HL Maths

It was the easiest Maths paper I ever did and I am delighted with it!

The hell! I found that one of the hardest! And I am great at maths I got 94% average over the two papers. Some questions were very hard to figure out.

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    The hell! I found that one of the hardest! And I am great at maths I got 94% average over the two papers. Some questions were very hard to figure out.

That's because I didn't rush through them :p. I took my time and kept double checking and double checking and I was still 15 minutes early by the time I was completely finished. As I took my time, it gave me time to think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 John_2187

mhiggy09 wrote: »

Same I normally get As and Bs in maths and got a B in the mocks but that paper was SO weird. They changed the questions and format completely. I'm annoyed :/

John_2187 wrote: »
    Same I normally get As and Bs in maths and got a B in the mocks but that paper was SO weird. They changed the questions and format completely. I'm annoyed :/

Yeah I agree with the fact though here that they changed the format. Q1 was harder than many of the questions - which was weird. I normally get Ds or Cs but I feel like I got a B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ElizaNotaro

I thought it was a bit too easy, I probably did something wrong tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 John_2187

That pattern question was very different to the normal ones and question 9 (the one with 'express as 3 to power of k') was unusual.. Very.. I met my maths teacher after and she said there's generally only one hard paper and the paper 1 has been getting stranger each year. Here's to the strangest..

John_2187 wrote: »
    That pattern question was very different to the normal ones and question 9 (the one with 'express as 3 to power of k') was unusual.. Very.. I met my maths teacher after and she said there's generally only one hard paper and the paper 1 has been getting stranger each year. Here's to the strangest..

The section part of the pattern question was weird but not the whole thing...? Yeah I hate Indices so much so Q9 was a big fail for me. At the last minute before I gave it in, I remembered that anything to the power of 0 is 1, luckily I did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭smartboyz

i found the paper waaaaay easier than the mock paper. i ony struggled on three questions which were question 8 d part ii. question 12 it was a killer and question 14 c .part ii.
    im expecting 80% minimiun

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

I got all of the questions for writing 3 to the power of something, for 15 minutes free near the end (I had an hour left :/ ) i just kept entering things into the calculator until it was right :P

For the sets questions when you had to say if things were Always true, Sometimes true or Never true, i ticked always true twice(i think) and the rest were sometimes. None of my answers were never true, but i have a feeling they intended for some of them to be ticked as never true, but i put proofs to my answers at the end so i should be good :)
    Eg. One of them was "AuC = AnC", i ticked sometimes true as you may only have a value in the middle.
    Eg. "BuA = BuC" i said sometimes as there may be no values exclusive to A and C (there only value was in the very middle)
    I done this all out on Ven-diagrams so it was alot clearer on paper

Im a bit worried as i really was going for an A in math i think i messed up in quite a few places :/

Hopefully Paper 2 is better :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

Thought it was great coming out,but am after realising a load of stupid mistakes I made...still have a decent chance of getting an A though

Oh yeah,for the square,I got the hypotenuse squared to be 52a^2 so could I get full marks,despite the fact I went on doing weird stuff after it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lologl

Thought it was great coming out,but am after realising a load of stupid mistakes I made...still have a decent chance of getting an A though

as soon as i walked out of the exam i realised 3 to the power of 0 is 1 and for the triangles square question i multiplied wrong at the end...i said 10a by 10a was 10a squred fml XD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I'm after ****ing up the question sirboby explained and the graphing functions were so strange. I think its kind of weird that we never have to do this again.what was 2x sq minus 9x minus 18 the factorising question

what was 2x sq minus 9x minus 18 the factorising question

I think you were meant to use trinomials, the formula is in the tables book you got (at least i hope you were meant to use trinomials :P)

Yeah it was trinomials. I did:

(2x + 3) (x - 6)

3x - 12x = -9x

^ So I had it correct.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Yeah it was trinomials. I did:

(2x + 3) (x - 6)

3x - 12x = -9x

^ So I had it correct.

dammit, just realizing now that i solved the equation and did not factorise it :(
    ahh well il get most of those marks

sirboby wrote: »
    dammit, just realizing now that i solved the equation and did not factorise it :(
    ahh well il get most of those marks

Yeah make sure you read the question. It stated to factorise and NOT solve the equation.

You should still get full marks,for that I think.Our teacher told us once the right answer was on the page in some shape or form, you should get full marks

Advertisement