Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

~*~*~*JC Geography - both levels - Fri. 10th Jun*~*~*~

• 10-06-2016 8:03am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭

For discussion of the exams after they finish.
    Usual rules. No slagging, etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ElizaNotaro

That was the most difficult paper
    The only questions I knew fully were migration, high density urbanisation and karst regions/rocksand population
    There was no coastal deposition/erosion, rivers, volcanoes, earthquakes, tourism
    Nothing I studied for :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 John_2187

That was the most difficult paper
    The only questions I knew fully were migration, high density urbanisation and karst regions/rocksand population
    There was no coastal deposition/erosion, rivers, volcanoes, earthquakes, tourism
    Nothing I studied for :(

I agree the coastal and glacial always come up but not this year, but I found the paper quite fair to be honest. I waffled through a lot of it though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

I thought it was the easiest paper we sat so far to be honest... But I still waffled a bit in places

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Short questions were the easiest I ever did.

Long questions though were quite tricky. I did Q2, 4 & 5.

Q1 was horrible. Only thing that came up as predicted by me on this is the Karst landscape.

Q2 was alright and I predicted B&C correctly. A was different though - it was a variation of the climatic factors that last came up in 2013 which I studied for this exam. Overall, I wasn't disappointed with this question.

Q3 was mostly awful. The only thing that came up here that I predicted was factors that influence the rate of population change. Individual migration? Like what? I never studied individual migration before, only organised migration.

Q4 was a mix. My only problem was the Urban Sprawl one. Everything else was fine.

Q5 was grand, it was as predicted by me.

Overall, not a bad paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ElizaNotaro

John_2187 wrote: »
    I agree the coastal and glacial always come up but not this year, but I found the paper quite fair to be honest. I waffled through a lot of it though :P

Yeah in fairness it was fair but I waffled a bit too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭smartboyz

how in the hell the nothing on erosion deposition or global warming come up. i stayed up till 2.30 am going over them

smartboyz wrote: »
    how in the hell the nothing on erosion deposition or global warming come up. i stayed up till 2.30 am going over them

I never expected Global Warming due to the fact that it came up last year but I was shocked that nothing came up on Coastal erosion or deposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

The short questions were a breeze, the long questions not so much )':

Aswell as deposition and erosion, Climates dident come up either other than as a short question that any idiot could of guessed

sirboby wrote: »
    The short questions were a breeze, the long questions not so much )':

Aswell as deposition and erosion, Climates dident come up either other than as a short question that any idiot could of guessed

It did kind of in the Ocean Currents tbh. Like one of the effects you could have mentioned it has on Ireland's climate is PREVAILING WINDS - which is one of the climatic factors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭edbrez

Photo in q6 on the pass paper is actually a cascade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Lol , did 2 3 and 5 simples.got full marks in short
    Q's so defo got an a. And nostudy

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Lol , did 2 3 and 5 simples.got full marks in short
    Q's so defo got an a. And nostudy

dont speak too soon ;)

Advertisement