Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doubke Buggy - 2yr 2mth & baby

Options
  • 10-06-2016 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi,

My 'baby' will be 2yrs 2mths when #2 arrives. She is tall (95th Percentile) with weight to match. I will need some type of double buggy when #2 arrives but what I need is one for trips to the shops, quick trips out - not long walks. It will mainly live in the boot. I have a Maclaren which I can use for the baby when the toddler is in creche. When they are both in creche (1 & 3) I will need something for the 10 minute walk there.

My problem is that a lot of the doubles seems to have small seats which #1 will outgrow very fast. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    TTS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I have a bugaboo donkey and my four and three year olds still fit into the seats no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

I have the Phil and Ted navigator. Works great for us. Is on the heavy side,but it's plenty big. My 2 and a half year old who is the hight of a 4 year old nearly and weighs 2 and a half stone fits perfect in it,and his little brother looks like he's going to be even taller. He's still in the hammock part of it for now,but will be going into the other seat which fits in under the toddler seat. And because it's single buggy style it's easy to get around shops etc and great for rough terrain.

I would suggest going into one of the retailers that sells prams and strollers and try out a few with the toddler in it,that's what we did in Tony kealys,so we knew it would be big enough for him. Very helpful in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭timmythesheep

Coopaloop wrote: »
    I have the Phil and Ted navigator.

With this pram, does the kid in the back not have a very limited view?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

With this pram, does the kid in the back not have a very limited view?

I thought that too at the time,but he can see fine up and around him, just not straight ahead. My older boy is getting more independent every day,so I feel he won't be in the buggy, or want to go into the buggy for much longer,so the younger brother will be in the front seat then.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Turtle001

We had a similar predicament however got the seat/stand that goes on to the back of the buggy (which is a bugaboo single).

Daughter loves going on it now.

Fair enough, it isn't something for a long walk and sleep however it did remove the need to buy a double buggy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

We have a baby city jogger double. Huge sears - will do them for years. It is quite wide but ive never found a door it didn't fit through.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The out n about nipper is amazing.

mine are Jan 09,11,13 and April 14. I have brought it everywhere with us incl the beach and it is amazing.
    It is 6 years old now and normally has 3 children in it,one on the front and 2 in the buggy!
    I have used it for minded kids as well as my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,541 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Avoid side by side , there two wide Phil and tedd style are the best

Advertisement