Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queue outside Sherry Fitz

Options
  • 10-06-2016 9:12am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

queue and people sat on deck chairs since last night outside Sherry Fitz in the village...what gives? Are we back to this madness for buying off plans?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

some new development in Newtown I think - http://wicklowhills.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

We're back baby
    ....And we are boomier than ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭beepbeeprichie

I can picture the sherry fitz staff doing a doctor evil group laughing session today....muhahahaha muhahahaha muhahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

It they will just stand there and stare at prospective buyers....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

I was one of these. With house prices from sandyford to newtown being out of alot of people's price range I had to secure an affordable house and not pay over the odds.

Most of us there were in same boat it was a long ol evening but worth it in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

recyclops wrote: »
    I was one of these. With house prices from sandyford to newtown being out of alot of people's price range I had to secure an affordable house and not pay over the odds.

Most of us there were in same boat it was a long ol evening but worth it in the end.

I had to sleep overnight in a car to buy the home I live in at present. If I didn't I would not have had the opportunity to buy any home in the estate. Was worth it for me too :)

That was back in the "good old days" of the Celtic tiger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

well there are still units for sale so I hope you enjoyed the camping experience.

very disappointing to see this kind of nonsense creeping back in.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

well there are still units for sale so I hope you enjoyed the camping experience.

If it means securing the best possible home for the budget the "camping experience" is well worth it. People at the top of the queue ultimately end up with more choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

very disappointing to see this kind of nonsense creeping back in.

Only units left are the 4 bed detached for €300,000 according to myhome.ie. The more affordable houses to.most are all gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Rampant silliness and for Newtown of all places... have you actually seen the town and the houses for sale?

Can't wait for Sherry Fitz to start selling these as Newtown Greystones...

Give me a terribly designed, railway adjacent, house on the harbour with no view for 700k any day of the week..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Rampant silliness and for Newtown of all places... have you actually seen the town and the houses for sale?

Give me a terribly designed, railway adjacent, house on the harbour with no view for 700k any day of the week..

no i have never stepped foot in the town is that something i should have done before buying a house :confused::confused:

Of course I checked everything before deciding on where to buy a house, currently I live in greystones but have fully realised that I cannot purchase in the town or anywhere north of it. I didnt want to go any further south for my own reasons.

I looked at my current situation ( work, finances etc) and came to the conclusion an affordable house 10 mins drive from where I live currently, 20 mins from where i grew up and still frequent and 30 mins from my workplace suits me.

I know people think the boom is back and people are mad queuing but its come to a point where a lot of houses are out of people price range and over priced (seagreen for one), these property seem aimed at people like myself and my gf.

The options available to me was 1. rent for the long term or 2 buy a house with no 100% mortgages, no overstretching ourselves, handy savings to secure the property but yet we are the mad ones.:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

no i have never stepped foot in the town is that something i should have done before buying a house :confused::confused:

Of course I checked everything before deciding on where to buy a house, currently I live in greystones but have fully realised that I cannot purchase in the town or anywhere north of it. I didnt want to go any further south for my own reasons.

I looked at my current situation ( work, finances etc) and came to the conclusion an affordable house 10 mins drive from where I live currently, 20 mins from where i grew up and still frequent and 30 mins from my workplace suits me.

I know people think the boom is back and people are mad queuing but its come to a point where a lot of houses are out of people price range and over priced (seagreen for one), these property seem aimed at people like myself and my gf.

The options available to me was 1. rent for the long term or 2 buy a house with no 100% mortgages, no overstretching ourselves, handy savings to secure the property but yet we are the mad ones.:confused::confused::confused:

I am delighted for you, my daughter would love to buy in Greystones but there isn't a hope of a nurse and teacher being able to afford a 3 bed house here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

mariaalice wrote: »
    I am delighted for you, my daughter would love to buy in Greystones but there isn't a hope of a nurse and teacher being able to afford a 3 bed house here.

the house bought was in Newtown Mount Kennedy

let it be known their hopes of buying a house anywhere are being further dashed by the hype created by people sleeping overnight outside of estate agents. short memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Quit the trolling BP

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Would you mind explaining to us what exactly is wrong with "Newtown of places"

Your comments are snobby and unnecessary.So you don't want to buy a house there, that's fine. But guess what? We all can't afford to live in Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

Congratulations on your new house. The housing situation at the moment is awful and if I were in your shoes I would have queued too - a few hours of discomfort to ensure I got a house in the right orientation or at the end of a row or with a bigger garden seems like a no-brainer to me. I hope you have many happy years there!

You'll be happier living there are that price than living in Greystones for stupid money. I never wanted to leave Greystones until I did, now I'm delighted. Greystones is losing its charm and is too self important. Only when you move out do you realise this.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

swingking wrote: »
    Would you mind explaining to us what exactly is wrong with "Newtown of places"

Your comments are snobby and unnecessary.So you don't want to buy a house there, that's fine. But guess what? We all can't afford to live in Greystones.

Mod comment

Guys let the comments from blandpebbles go.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Blue Whale

You'll be happier living there are that price than living in Greystones for stupid money. I never wanted to leave Greystones until I did, now I'm delighted. Greystones is losing its charm and is too self important. Only when you move out do you realise this.

Newtown is not exactly far from Greystones..ten-minutes or so no more than 15.

Blue Whale wrote: »
    Newtown is not exactly far from Greystones..ten-minutes or so no more than 15.

Yes, it's still a different town is it not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Blue Whale

Yes, it's still a different town is it not?

Yep just saying it's not far for a visit!

Advertisement