Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Masterchef 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Celebrity Masterchef starts 22nd June. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Oh my other half will be delighted - more cooking programmes for him to watch :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Deserves its own thread. I've moved some posts from the other Masterchef thread. :)

FYI starts tonight. :)

yep 8pm woohoo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Yay!! \o/

Clashes with 'THE MATCH' but there will be a battering on both channels :)

For those who want to get in the mood... I was looking for Aussie Masterchef music on Spotify last night and found this album

https://open.spotify.com/album/14lkKp7kSq3CoFVXQ2YEtH

It's an album called "Cut the Tension" and features 20 tracks from the UK Masterchef.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭sporina

ok - so Donna Air seem's to be the best of them.. wow - she doesn't seem to eat much of it though eh? Sinnita was woeful..

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Donna is pretty but she is fair skinny alright !

• Advertisement

oh just watched tonights show = Donna out and tommy in? i'm surprised...

was/is Donna a DJ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

sporina wrote: »
    oh just watched tonights show = Donna out and tommy in? i'm surprised...

was/is Donna a DJ?
    Donna Air when i saw her last was a host on MTV. Shes a Newcastle girl and had a cutting Geordie accent when she presented that show. How she lost the accent I'm not sure she was always skinny.

Caught up with this today. Didn't Alexis do well? His food for the guest judges looks great.

If they ever need to recast a zombie Nasty Nick for Eastenders, he could pull that off too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,269 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Apologies to MrE for posting in the other thread - I did search, honestly, but could find nothing for this year :confused: Wonder is the search function acting up again?

Glad to see I haven't missed too much .... Look forward to catching up on Friday :)

Oh God, now it's doing double posts on me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

It has been moved at the last minute to BBC2 tonight (because of the tennis)

That'll mess up recordings for a lot of viewers.

Is it on tonight :confused:

Not listed in the paper TV pages.... just football and tennis, which I'm giving myself a headache trying to follow simultaneously on the telly and computer (stuck in Saorviewland again :mad:)

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Is it on tonight :confused:

Not listed in the paper TV pages.... just football and tennis, which I'm giving myself a headache trying to follow simultaneously on the telly and computer (stuck in Saorviewland again :mad:)

Yeah, it's on BBC2 now (after earlier being moved to 8.30pm on BBC1, and then back to 8pm but on BBC2). The schedules are all over the place at the moment.

Trying to figure out where and when Celebrity Masterchef is on air doesn't get tougher than this.

Skid X wrote: »
    Yeah, it's on BBC2 now (after earlier being moved to 8.30pm on BBC1, and then back to 8pm but on BBC2). The schedules are all over the place at the moment.

Trying to figure out where and when Celebrity Masterchef is on air doesn't get tougher than this.
    Ah well, even if I had known it was on, looks like I'd not have been able to set a recording.....

Are they far into the series? Is it any good? Maybe I'll just give it a miss altogether....

can't be bothered watching it tonight.. its a bit boring at this stage.. and the heats are v long winded..
    i'll just watch the start of each heat and then wait for the next round.. at least we might see some skill at that stage - rather than watching bored semi retired celeb's trying to cook.. which is the case for some of them

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Ah well, even if I had known it was on, looks like I'd not have been able to set a recording.....

Are they far into the series? Is it any good? Maybe I'll just give it a miss altogether....

Episode 6 out of 12 tonight

I haven't been watching it this year, to be honest. Lousy scheduling and too much Sport on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Skid X wrote: »
    It has been moved at the last minute to BBC2 tonight (because of the tennis)

That'll mess up recordings for a lot of viewers.

Yup, Sky+ didn't find it so missed most of it as I usually watch it a bit later, but to be honest, the celebs in at the deep end in restaurants after only starting is a bit boring, prefer just seeing them cook their own food.

Losing interest myself- and thats a first! Cant really warm to any of them.Maybe a few more episodes in I might

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Also lost interest and box forgot to record an episode or two and I'm not even bothered. They all seem to be pretty woeful, I'm not a great cook but I think I could do better than most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Just catching up on the last two weeks. No one standing out at this stage but it's hard to tell with the challenges in the heats.

lemme know when it gets interesting - ie when they can actually cook

Turns out my sky box recorded episode 1 and 2, and then packed it in for some reason (I'm assuming of this series, I haven't actually watched any of them yet). I got half of episode 6 and onwards.

Going by posts on here, I'm debating whether it's worth bothering at all!

Are there any closet stars in it at all???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Love Audley and Donny Osmond, hope they make the final.

Love Audley and Donny Osmond, hope they make the final.

the show is good now but i think the competition is crap.. imo..

like Audley has skill but he got the short straw with the pasta - and so now he's gone..

And what is the point of the team exercises? We never get any feedback from them..

I don't think its representative of the overall skill of the contestants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

sporina wrote: »
    the show is good now but i think the competition is crap.. imo..

like Audley has skill but he got the short straw with the pasta - and so now he's gone..

And what is the point of the team exercises? We never get any feedback from them..

I don't think its representative of the overall skill of the contestants

Who was last out? missed the end as I was watching Big Brother.

Don't think Audley deserved to go, I think the girl should have gone, her chicken didn't look good. Ravioli is a tough thing to make from scratch under pressure.

Agree on the team thing, not sure what the point is. There must be something better they could get them to do.

Advertisement