Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An Garda Síochána Publishes Five Year Modernisation and Renewal Programme

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

It might as well be a new Harry Potter book for all the chance it will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I suppose it makes a change from the current setup of working harder not smarter. How electronic tagging was not brought in 10 years ago is beyond me. When you have a tight budget the key to good policing is copying what works in the developed world, not writing reports on what might work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I can't open file on this computer.

I heard on the radio during the week that millions will be spent on technology, That's gotta be a positive step.

carzony wrote: »
    I can't open file on this computer.

I heard on the radio during the week that millions will be spent on technology, That's gotta be a positive step.

We'll believe it when we see it. Sure we can't even run the FCPS system properly at the moment.

Whatever happens you can be sure they won't ask for input from the people on the ground who will have to use the technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

Deckchair.png?dl=0

And

titanic.jpg?dl=0

• Advertisement

foreign wrote: »
    We'll believe it when we see it. Sure we can't even run the FCPS system properly at the moment.

Whatever happens you can be sure they won't ask for input from the people on the ground who will have to use the technology.

Took 10 years to implement the tetra radios according to the report :rolleyes: Progress is incredibly slow.

Can't believe the ANPR hasn't even been rolled out yet :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

carzony wrote: »
    Took 10 years to implement the tetra radios according to the report :rolleyes: Progress is incredibly slow.

Can't believe the ANPR hasn't even been rolled out yet :eek:

Anpr is currently in 100 cars around the country which is decrease from 131 in the fleet in 2008 but some cars can't take it either like the the ( i30 ) and insigna had issues that are resolved

Anpr works well in the uk with mobile vans and in motorway camera networks etc should be the same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

An announcement of regional computer crime units PLUS a new cybercrime unit. New protection services units and extra community policing resources. All to be delivered by the end of 2017.

I'll believe it when I see ithe. This job moves like a ****ing snail. Great people doing their best in a **** system with poor support no innovation and a severe lack of encouragement when it comes to new ideas.

pah wrote: »
    An announcement of regional computer crime units PLUS a new cybercrime unit. New protection services units and extra community policing resources. All to be delivered by the end of 2017.

I'll believe it when I see ithe. This job moves like a ****ing snail. Great people doing their best in a **** system with poor support no innovation and a severe lack of encouragement when it comes to new ideas.

I'm looking forward to the announcement of all the mules being recruited so the spots can actually be filled and allow the regular units to be returned to full strength!

foreign wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the announcement of all the mules being recruited so the spots can actually be filled and allow the regular units to be returned to full strength!

It'll have to happen very soon if politicans keep to their promise ( Don't laugh) :o

Reading through facebook, and this forum, even the current recruitment is at a snail's pace.

• Advertisement
Advertisement