Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the International Gallery Shooting Comp happening ??

Options
  • 10-06-2016 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭

Considering the international gallery shooting competition is scheduled for a month a way and the NASRPC are now so "gung ho" on pre regestration for competitions , how come there is no notification regarding this event ?
    ....are we at some sort of a stumbling block , or is this new well oiled committee going to surprise us with a new way of doing things?...

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Moved out of target forum as this will be a discussion on the internal politics rather than the sport.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Yes NASRPC are leaving it a little late for registration.
    And remember the RO's shoot on the weekend before the International so they can all be there on the weekend.

Hopefully another great turnout of shooters again this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

So 14 hours have passed since I asked this simple question and no one can answer the question, despite 67 people read it....
    Seems amazing that all of the loud voices from the Osprey Hotel have gone quiet...in the immortal words of Bill...."we will leave it there for now "....

So 14 hours have passed since I asked this simple question and no one can answer the question, despite 67 people read it....
    Seems amazing that all of the loud voices from the Osprey Hotel have gone quiet...in the immortal words of Bill...."we will leave it there for now "....

Well I'd say here is NOT the place to be asking the question.

Try asking one of the committee members.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I am assuming that it is going ahead seeing as Range Officers have received an email checking their availability to work at the event.

Unless something nuclear happens, it is going ahead.

• Advertisement

I was told that prevents reg

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

if people are only traveling to their local shoot, pre reg shouldn't be too much bother, if pre reg is troublesome maybe have a look at supporting shoots like Bracken at the weekend past, where thanks goes out to the small number of non local shooters who traveled.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Yeah it's a shame more didn't show up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Wadi14 wrote: »
    if people are only traveling to their local shoot, pre reg shouldn't be too much bother, if pre reg is troublesome maybe have a look at supporting shoots like Bracken at the weekend past, where thanks goes out to the small number of non local shooters who traveled.
    BillBen wrote: »

I'd no permit so no point going. I'd a few renewals fall due and because of this my European Firearms Pass was out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

Maybe its a sign of the times, a chance for the NASRPC to look to the people who put hundreds of euro in their pockets every year, and for years have not even got the medals we won.

The days have changed, when about 6 non club members/non committee members attend a competition.

The NASRPC treatment of competitors and rule changes, is a reflection of this. (Their fee paying competitors have spoken)

Pay your money and shut up, and oh yes, you can still compete but you now will have no say in how the organization is run, after all its a membership of clubs not a membership of the people who pay to support it.

And you wont be allowed compete on the squad, but yes continue to support us. Its a Joke really.

All the BS about lots of people attending the shoots, sure anyone can drag out a member or two to shoot one or two comps a year, as for the more established competitor who attends multiple competitions. well you don't matter any more. The treatment of HH members at the Munster competition is still something nobody has apologized for.

I know after the recent "Issues", in the Munster shoot many have said enough is enough and are not supporting the NASRPC

Due to their treatment, bad running of lines and using non standard equipment and not knowing the calls, a constantly repeated issue.

I know the calls 10 years of listening to them, it kind of sticks in, and to be told by some local RO that I am wrong, well its wrong, when they make it up as they go along.

It seems open criticism is the only thing that gets attention, well maybe it doesn't, we have all seen the demise of the NASRPC and the resentment and ill feeling as well as bullying which ensured its continuance.

Get a hymn sheet for the calls on the line, guys.
    Ive been at 3 national comps this year and it seems even some so called established "chief range officers don't know the calls", or are too lazy to read them or memorise them.

Re writing your constitution is not going to help this one.
    See you in Fermoy ;-)

• Advertisement

This time 4 weeks the International should be underway...stunned to see how??
    Still the silence is amazing...
    No registration for the competition, if you holding out for the international t shirt, buy one in Pennys as they are not happening and the 4 RO's that registered so far for the internationals are going to be out the door .....

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭targetx

This time 4 weeks the International should be underway...stunned to see how??
    Still the silence is amazing...
    No registration for the competition, if you holding out for the international t shirt, buy one in Pennys as they are not happening and the 4 RO's that registered so far for the internationals are going to be out the door .....

It's actually 3 weeks from today :rolleyes:

Thank you for the correction....so thats worse news ...so the RO shoot is in 2 weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

International registration is open

International registration is open

Pre-registration for the International Gallery Rifle competition is now open

http://nasrpc.ie/1118-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Brasros

Registered

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Registration was kept kinda quiet, was it not ? I'm sure some people wont have got the word unless they checked their mail today, and other's got it the day before.
    Should it not have been flagged a few days early ?

Wadi14 wrote: »
    Registration was kept kinda quiet, was it not ? I'm sure some people wont have got the word unless they checked their mail today, and other's got it the day before.
    Should it not have been flagged a few days early ?

Emails only sent out today, with info and the link to the pre-reg

Advertisement