Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland – Credit Card saga continues… A 3 Part short series

Options
  • 10-06-2016 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

I was with BOI for 12 years.   Who cares I am just a number.  Few months bank when I called regarding credit card.   A kind gentle man suggested me to apply for Platinum card instead of legacy card.  
    That’s where my struggles started.

Part 1 - Application 

I have applied for the Platinum credit card unfortunately my address on current account and credit card is different.   Yes its my fault I am lazy to change on card.

Then after 2 weeks asked copy of passport, fine I don’t mind I went branch they took Xerox copy and stamped then sent by post
    Then after 3 weeks I again got a letter requesting utility bill along with asked change of address form and proof of utility bill.   So I did.
    Finally card arrived… Not every one lived happily after that.

There is no information about is my balance transferred from old card or when it will happens.   The BOI twitter bots said Balance transfer is not going to happen.  And I tried to explain the BOI twitter bots whole point of applying is to transfer the balance.   But twitter bot says NO.

Luckily to corporate company I was working I met BOI lady came in.  I felt like she is wonder woman from tele, she tried to resolve it  by calling she got response wait time of 40 minutes which is more then I have tried to call.  After all BOI lady don’t have anything special powers. BOTS rule!!!

After waiting on line and working on my way to pay banking gambling charges (as revenue calls it USC) I have lady on phone confirmed it takes 10 working days to transfer and stay put.   So magically it happened…  But I have received a phone bill of 40 euros for holding on the line for 60 minutes.

Moral of the story:
    a)      1890 is expensive it’s not low call it is all most same as Psychic line or Girls with frontal nudity phone numbers on news papers
    b)      Even the bank of Ireland personal executives don’t have any powers over the phones contact the persons who access to IT systems 

2)       Part Duex! 

I have added the new card to BOI 365 online.  In that shown updated balance as xxxx and payment due 0 euro’s.  

The same information was shown in online monthly online statement.    Out of the blue today I got statement as late payment of fee x.xx and purchase interest xx.xx.   In my last statement bank charges 0, payment made 0, overdue payment 0.00.  I am not sure late payment fee if bank stamen ask me to pay minimum payment X then I can pay X + Y amount.  If X was zero last month, today BOI late payment fee xx.xx.    Not sure how I can be liable for late payment fee if my last month bill say 0 is minimum payment due.

Moral:  I didn’t learn any moral from this part, still working on mathematically how a zero due in last month can incur late fee I got answer it’s wrong.  So waiting on phone over 20 minutes

3)      Part 3 – Final unbreakable secure non-register-able web forms in the world

So tired to register with the brand new credit card care facility,   It is so hard to register I tried all the permutation and combinations.  Even I contracted twitter bots but still no luck…

For my bread and butter I work IT systems and recently finished master thesis on Machine learning.  I have used floppy disk to few Terra bytes disk arrays, I am very IT savvy.   

So final puzzle here is…

16 numerical characters [credit card]
    X alphabet characters [name]
    3 selection box [date of birth]
    2 selection box [expiry date]
    Y No. alpha bets [mother maiden name]

Still working combination of name should have title or not , mother maiden name caps or non caps.   Mathematically I exhausted all combinations.

My question is that form connecting to IT database or a system it just funny form?

Moral:
    There is thesis case for how NOT to build IT systems…?

Add your own moral story or thoughts on Part 3.    

Kind regards??? (why did said that)

Advertisement