Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharging on every bill

Options
  • 10-06-2016 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

I have had to contact you every month since i renewed my contract with you in February due to overcharging. Last month the bill finally issued with a credit to cover the direct debit discount that was meant to be applied. Now it's another month and Eir are still not applying the Direct debit discount. I am also still waiting to have my 30 minutes free calls to mobiles reinstated - an issue that despite my numerous complaints, Eir have chosen to totally ignore. The Eir rep who signed me up to a new contract in february assured me that the package would remain the same but by removing my free mobile minutes you have changed my contract.

This will be my last complaint to Eir regarding this matter, Eir have had ample time to sort this matter but appear to happy to let it run and expect me to chase them up every month. If i have not had my direct debit discount and 30 minutes free mobile calls reinstated i will see this as a change in contract and will contact Comreg to seek to have my contract cancelled.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

chasm wrote: »
    I have had to contact you every month since i renewed my contract with you in February due to overcharging. Last month the bill finally issued with a credit to cover the direct debit discount that was meant to be applied. Now it's another month and Eir are still not applying the Direct debit discount. I am also still waiting to have my 30 minutes free calls to mobiles reinstated - an issue that despite my numerous complaints, Eir have chosen to totally ignore. The Eir rep who signed me up to a new contract in february assured me that the package would remain the same but by removing my free mobile minutes you have changed my contract.

This will be my last complaint to Eir regarding this matter, Eir have had ample time to sort this matter but appear to happy to let it run and expect me to chase them up every month. If i have not had my direct debit discount and 30 minutes free mobile calls reinstated i will see this as a change in contract and will contact Comreg to seek to have my contract cancelled.
    Start your formal complaint now.

Comreg will just ask you to do that anyway, before they will intervene.

http://support.eir.ie/article/codeofpractice 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]chasm,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm so sorry to hear this and can understand your frustration completely.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sincere apologies for the billing issues you have experienced, I[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]'m investigating this and will be back to you on Monday.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]chasm,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have taken a look into this and I can see the €2 direct debit [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]discount is not applicable to your current bundle I’m afraid.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Should you wish to avail of this I would recommend contacting the sales team and exploring the other options available to you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can contact them on 1800503303, or you can also chat to them online here[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies I could not offer you better news.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]chasm,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have taken a look into this and I can see the €2 direct debit [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]discount is not applicable to your current bundle I’m afraid.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Should you wish to avail of this I would recommend contacting the sales team and exploring the other options available to you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can contact them on 1800503303, or you can also chat to them online here[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/[/font]

I have no intention of contacting the sales team. I signed up to this bundle with your rep over the phone on the grounds that it was the same bundle i was previously on, and at the reduced price of €45p/m, that included a discount of €10 p/m and a direct debit discount of €2 per month. If you are now saying i am/was not entitled to this discount then your rep lied to me on the phone in order to get me to sign up to a new contract ....
    This bundle/discount was also confirmed by another CS rep over the phone 12th Feb 2016 who said it would show on the the next bill and the overcharge would also be credited to me also, and by your rep Alan here on boards on 15th Feb 2016 - Alan stated "Yes the new package of €45 did not go on your account before the most recent bill was prepared and your next bill will definitely reflect the €45 along with the discount that failed to appear on this months bill."  So did these 2 reps lie to me also?
    post 17  - http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057555963/1#post99031080

I note that i was within my 14 day cooling off period when i notified Eir about this overcharge and Eir conveniently dragged their heels to make it so it went past the cooling off period so that i could not cancel, something i will be also notifying Comreg about.

I also note that you have AGAIN refused to address my free 30 minutes calls to mobiles that was part of my original package and which you now charge me for.

I have no intention of contacting the sales team. I signed up to this bundle with your rep over the phone on the grounds that it was the same bundle i was previously on, and at the reduced price of €45p/m, that included a discount of €10 p/m and a direct debit discount of €2 per month. If you are now saying i am/was not entitled to this discount then your rep lied to me on the phone in order to get me to sign up to a new contract ....
    This bundle/discount was also confirmed by another CS rep over the phone 12th Feb 2016 who said it would show on the the next bill and the overcharge would also be credited to me also, and by your rep Alan here on boards on 15th Feb 2016 - Alan stated "Yes the new package of €45 did not go on your account before the most recent bill was prepared and your next bill will definitely reflect the €45 along with the discount that failed to appear on this months bill."  So did these 2 reps lie to me also?

I note that i was within my 14 day cooling off period when i notified Eir about this overcharge and Eir conveniently dragged their heels to make it so it went past the cooling off period so that i could not cancel, something i will be also notifying Comreg about.

I also note that you have AGAIN refused to address my free 30 minutes calls to mobiles that was part of my original package and which you now charge me for.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your frustration and I'm extremely sorry for any miscommunication however I'm afraid I would be unable to apply a discount that is not available on your account [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]chasm.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend logging a formal complaint and the complaints team will investigate this and listen to the original sales call. You can log a complaint here https://www.eir.ie/logacomplaint.jsp[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sincere apologies I could not assist you further with this.[/font]

• Advertisement

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your frustration and I'm extremely sorry for any miscommunication however I'm afraid I would be unable to apply a discount that is not available on your account [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]chasm.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend logging a formal complaint and the complaints team will investigate this and listen to the original sales call. You can log a complaint here https://www.eir.ie/logacomplaint.jsp[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sincere apologies I could not assist you further with this.[/font]

There was no miscommunication, i can assure you. I took notes during the call and spoke with your rep on here afterwards, if you say now that the discount is not available on my account then your rep LIED to me in order to get me to sign a new contract with Eir rather than see me switch to a different provider, which was my intention when i phoned that day. Wonderful retention service you have!

And still no response about my 30 minutes free calls to mobiles i see!

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your frustration completely with this chasm and I'm genuinely sorry for any inconvenience caused. 30 minutes to mobiles is not included in the new package you upgraded to I'm afraid. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Unfortunately I am unable to implement these amendments as this is not available on your account. I would recommend contacting sales and changing your bundle or logging a formal complaint. Once you have logged a formal complaint, the complaints team will investigate this on your behalf and advise you of the outcome. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sincere apologies I could not assist you with this further.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your frustration completely with this chasm and I'm genuinely sorry for any inconvenience caused. 30 minutes to mobiles is not included in the new package you upgraded to I'm afraid. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Unfortunately I am unable to implement these amendments as this is not available on your account. I would recommend contacting sales and changing your bundle or logging a formal complaint. Once you have logged a formal complaint, the complaints team will investigate this on your behalf and advise you of the outcome. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Sincere apologies I could not assist you with this further.[/font]

I have logged a formal complaint and requested Eir listen back to the calls made on Feb 2nd and Feb 12th.  As stated earlier, i took notes during those calls and i know exactly what i was offered, the monthly cost and the discounts offered.
    I didn't upgrade to any package, I phoned Eir as i intended to switch provider,  Your CS rep offered me "the same package for the reduced price of €45" - But it now transpires that i got neither the same package nor the reduced price!  Eir reps are promising bundles and prices that they obviously do not intend to honour and whereas i may have to wait while the complaints dept "investigates",  (something that i have heard so many times in the last 5 months!), I have a number of concerns that i will be sending directly to Comreg as well.

I expect we will continue to see headlines like this !
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/eircom-and-vodafone-convicted-of-overcharging-customers-1.2298902

Finally, as the direct debit discount has been removed from my Eir account i'm assuming it is OK to go ahead and cancel the direct debit mandate now.

I have logged a formal complaint and requested Eir listen back to the calls made on Feb 2nd and Feb 12th.  As stated earlier, i took notes during those calls and i know exactly what i was offered, the monthly cost and the discounts offered.
    I didn't upgrade to any package, I phoned Eir as i intended to switch provider,  Your CS rep offered me "the same package for the reduced price of €45" - But it now transpires that i got neither the same package nor the reduced price!  Eir reps are promising bundles and prices that they obviously do not intend to honour and whereas i may have to wait while the complaints dept "investigates",  (something that i have heard so many times in the last 5 months!), I have a number of concerns that i will be sending directly to Comreg as well.

I expect we will continue to see headlines like this !
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/eircom-and-vodafone-convicted-of-overcharging-customers-1.2298902

Finally, as the direct debit discount has been removed from my Eir account i'm assuming it is OK to go ahead and cancel the direct debit mandate now.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand that completely [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]chasm[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] unfortunately this is not what has been applied to your account so this would need to be thoroughly investigated.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please don't hesitate to contact me should you need any further assistance with this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]That’s no problem, I can remove this now if you wish?[/font]

So my complaint appears to have gone through ccm@eir.ie and you are now responding through businesscare@emobile.ie, or should i say your automated response which stated

"Thank you for contacting eir Mobile Customer Care.
    We would like to confirm your e-mail has been received and we will be in contact with you within 48 hours."

I am now waiting 4 days for a response and i'm not sure why you are responding to me through eir mobile ?

I think i have shown more than enough patience with eir and their messing about, so i will be lodging a complaint to comreg now as i have fulfilled my obligation to contact you first. I have now requested a complaint reference number, but i wont hold my breath.

• Advertisement

So my complaint appears to have gone through ccm@eir.ie and you are now responding through businesscare@emobile.ie, or should i say your automated response which stated

We would like to confirm your e-mail has been received and we will be in contact with you within 48 hours."

I am now waiting 4 days for a response and i'm not sure why you are responding to me through eir mobile ?

I think i have shown more than enough patience with eir and their messing about, so i will be lodging a complaint to comreg now as i have fulfilled my obligation to contact you first. I have now requested a complaint reference number, but i wont hold my breath.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]chasm[/font],
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Did you log your complaint online here https://www.eir.ie/logacomplaint.jsp?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]There contact lead-time for a complaint is up to 20 working days. The complaints team will investigate this and be back to you with the outcome of their investigation.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Did you log your complaint online here https://www.eir.ie/logacomplaint.jsp?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]There contact lead-time for a complaint is up to 20 working days. The complaints team will investigate this and be back to you with the outcome of their investigation.[/font]

Hi,
    Yes i did log my complaint there. I received a reply 7 days later which did not address my complaint satisfactorily,in fact barely at all. The reply stated if i had further queries that i could reply to the email - which i did, and i then received an automated response stating i would receive a reply in 48 hours - that was 7 days ago.

Hi,
    Yes i did log my complaint there. I received a reply 7 days later which did not address my complaint satisfactorily,in fact barely at all. The reply stated if i had further queries that i could reply to the email - which i did, and i then received an automated response stating i would receive a reply in 48 hours - that was 7 days ago.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for the delay [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]chasm.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have spoken to the agent in question and he will be back to you shortly.[/font]

Hi,
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for the delay [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]chasm.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have spoken to the agent in question and he will be back to you shortly.[/font]

Thanks for the reply, i have now received a reply and find it interesting that Eir are now claiming to have no record of what they refer to as "a new contract opt in".
    Just as well i keep all my emails as i do have records of it, I have an email dated February 2nd from Eir confirming the order and giving an order number after i renewed in February. Complaint will now be forwarded to Comreg.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, i have now received a reply and find it interesting that Eir are now claiming to have no record of what they refer to as "a new contract opt in".
    Just as well i keep all my emails as i do have records of it, I have an email dated February 2nd from Eir confirming the order and giving an order number after i renewed in February. Complaint will now be forwarded to Comreg.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can fully understand your disappointment with this and I'm very sorry to hear the complaints team could not offer you better news chasm.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I am unable to overturn the results of investigations conducted by Eir’s official complaints departments. I’m sorry I could not assist you further with this.[/font]

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Thanks for posting this chasm.

I was in two minds to switch tv to eir but following this ridiculous train of events you are in there's no way in hell I will deal with them.

Just an update on this:

After deciding that the responses from Eir so far were unsatisfactory i decided to request that my complaint be forwarded to Eir's Executive Communications Team, as listed under their Code of Practice.

I pointed out that their claim that i was "not in contract/was on a pre-september 2015 contract" so was not entitled to the direct debit discount which was meant to be part of my package was in fact incorrect as, apart from the fact that i had email comfirmation of a new contract in February, it was also listed on my phone bill every month since February that i was in receipt of a €10 a month discount for 18 months, which is due to expire in August 2017, meaning the discount was applied to my account in February 2016 - when my new contract started. I also pointed out the issue regarding the 30 free mobile minutes that had been removed from my account.

Eir then accepted that i was in fact entitled to the Direct Debit discount, and i was given the following reason for the issue:

"When you contact our Customer Care Department you were recontracted for a similar package to the one you had been on since 2014, this package was an updated version of the previous.

Due to this our systems did not recognise the new calls package as being part of the €2 Direct Debit discount."

So i am somehow expected to believe this, despite the fact that eir's direct debit discount has been applicable since September 2015 on accounts that are paid by DD(except standalone broadband products)?

Noting that they had again overlooked the call package part of my complaint i had to contact them yet again - the response :

"In reference to your call package options the eir Base Bundle was applied in February, this includes the updated eir Talk Off peak option. There are Mobile minutes offered via the Add on's, these are available via 1901.

It would not be possible to return to a package no longer for sale unfortunately."

Eir yet again dodging around the issue - their rep sold me a package in February which it now transpires was not actually available, so as  have stated previously, in order to retain my custom and stop me switching to an alternative provider they mis-sold me a package.

The eir rep stated that they had credited my account with €36 to cover the direct debit discount for the remainder of my contract as it was not possible to apply it as a "continued discount". This was on July 15th, that credit obviously was not applied as the payment for the full bill amount left my account on 22nd July.

My advice to anyone having issues with eir would be to log a complaint straight away, read eir's Code of Practice - i had to request a case number as eir never provided me with one! and if the complaint is not settled within the given time frame log a formal complaint with Comreg. Eir have dragged my complaint out since February, i have constantly been given conflicting information and i even requested they listen to the original call so they could hear exactly what package i was offered - hence the sudden "we have no record of a contract" stance.

I have given eir more than enough time to rectify this issue - a lot more than i should have tbh,  due to the fact that eir don't seem to care or even acknowledge that i was mis-sold my package and the issue of Eir's handling of the whole complaint since february i have decided to continue with my complaint to Comreg.

Advertisement