Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Flanagan, Manzer Thackaberry cup & Ned Flanagan

Options
  • 10-06-2016 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Any A4's heading down for the Ned flanagan? I've only managed to find this in terms of the route https://ridewithgps.com/routes/4990871. I dunno if that is the route or not hoping someone here can confirm it.

Dfnu7PVl.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

Sarz91 wrote:
    Any A4's heading down for the Ned flanagan? I've only managed to find this in terms of the route

Starting point is about halfway up the road but otherwise yes that's the route

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

Pancake flat like most of Kildare. Fast and furious race. Twisty road towards the finish. Hopefully nobody manages a full forward somersault in the tuck position like what happened in last year's A4 crash fest.
    But it is a good race circuit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

@ JK.BMC,you've put me right off doing this race!Got caught up in the crash at the Coombes Connor in April,dont want to face that again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

@ JK.BMC,you've put me right off doing this race!Got caught up in the crash at the Coombes Connor in April,dont want to face that again!!

It's no more or less dangerous than any other race of the year. I guarantee there's been a bad crash at one stage or another at every race in the calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭martin.mcevoy

I don't remember any crashes at the Des Hanlon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

I don't remember any crashes at the Des Hanlon?

I said at one stage or another meaning it didn't have to happen this year. Sorry I worded it quite badly. It's never really the course that's the problem it's the people that show up and do daft stuff. Which is why I think writing a race off purely because there was a crash last year or the year before just doesn't make sense to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

Ya better not so....

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

It's a good fast race very flat enjoyed it last year finished top 10 A4 there was some crashes but must races have crashes it happens no matter what course it's on

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

Good fast race today in A4.

Was sitting well coming into the hill before the finish on the last lap, 4th wheel at the bottom, attacked up the right and got clipped by another rider. Down I came, bit ripped up but luckily nothing broken other than my front wheel.

Frustrating but still a good race with generally safe racing from everyone.

I apologise for hurling abuse from the ground at the rider that collided with me. Racing's racing, stuff happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ptogher14

Scott, glad your alright. I saw that happening from the back of the bunch. There was a nasty crash on the 2nd lap. Hope everyone got up. Well ran race. Great circuit. Thanks to all involved. The usual daft riding by some though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

The one on the end of 2nd lap looked bad not sure how it happened just seen bikes and bodies going down hopefully all are ok

ptogher14 wrote: »
    Scott, glad your alright. I saw that happening from the back of the bunch. There was a nasty crash on the 2nd lap. Hope everyone got up. Well ran race. Great circuit. Thanks to all involved. The usual daft riding by some though

Was that in the A4 race?

scott.s wrote: »
    Good fast race today in A4.

Was sitting well coming into the hill before the finish on the last lap, 4th wheel at the bottom, attacked up the right and got clipped by another rider. Down I came, bit ripped up but luckily nothing broken other than my front wheel.

Frustrating but still a good race with generally safe racing from everyone.

I apologise for hurling abuse from the ground at the rider that collided with me. Racing's racing, stuff happens.

Glad to hear your ok was just behind you looked nasty as you said that's racing but there was a few ropey moments alright

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ptogher14

Was that in the A4 race?

Yes the A4 race

ptogher14 wrote: »
    Yes the A4 race

Didn't know there was a spill on the 2nd lap hope all were OK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

A1/A2 race was super fast (a touch under 45 kmph average) but handy enough in the bunch. I crashed very softly on the second last lap. Fair play to the couple of lads who attacked the break and stayed away. They never had much time on a very fast bunch so it was seriously impressive.

Advertisement