Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activating new visa debit card

Options
  • 10-06-2016 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Will simply checking my balance at a BoI ATM activate my new card?  My account is empty until my next pay check so cannot withdraw cash and I only have 14 days to activate the card.

I checked my balance this morning so thought the card was activated but when I try to enter the new details for my Netflix account it tells me there is a problem with the card

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

felimd wrote: »
    Will simply checking my balance at a BoI ATM activate my new card?  My account is empty until my next pay check so cannot withdraw cash and I only have 14 days to activate the card.

I checked my balance this morning so thought the card was activated but when I try to enter the new details for my Netflix account it tells me there is a problem with the card

Thanks.
    Hi felimd

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

Yes, if you have input your PIN and new Visa Debit Card at a BOI ATM and retrieved your balance, this will then activate your card for online and point of sale purchases. 

You could log in via BOI365 Online to query if the card is activated. Please select 'Online Service Desk' and then 'Ask A Question' within the drop down menu. A colleague can check and confirm back to you.

Alternatively you could call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 / 00353 140 44000. Colleagues are available Mon-Fri 8am-12 midnight, Weekends & Bank Holidays 9am-6pm.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to get in touch again.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement