Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque lodgement machine delay

Options
  • 10-06-2016 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

I lodged a cheque to my current account 3 hrs ago in my local branch via one of the machines and it still has not processed
    The account is a business one set to instantly credit cheques once they're read through

Now what happens if someone walked in with a cheque from me inside that 3 hrs delay to their bank of Ireland branch and lodged it and it was processed before mine
    Would it bounce if the cheque I lodge was needed to cover it?

Who is responsible? It certainly wouldn't be my fault when I lodged in a branch in good faith and in time and have a time stamped receipt

Or is it the case if a cheque going in to meet one going out both happen before the close of business the same day,everything is OK?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

OverRide wrote: »
    I lodged a cheque to my current account 3 hrs ago in my local branch via one of the machines and it still has not processed
    The account is a business one set to instantly credit cheques once they're read through

Now what happens if someone walked in with a cheque from me inside that 3 hrs delay to their bank of Ireland branch and lodged it and it was processed before mine
    Would it bounce if the cheque I lodge was needed to cover it?

Who is responsible?  It certainly wouldn't be my fault when I lodged in a branch in good faith and in time and have a time stamped receipt

Or is it the case if a cheque going in to meet one going out both happen before the close of business the same day,everything is OK?

Thank you
    Hi OverRide

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

All cheques lodged via LATM need to be manually checked, cash will credit within minutes.

Yes, it's possible the cheque could go unpaid if the cheque lodged via the Lodgement ATM has not credited your account in time for a cheque to be paid against your account. 

We'd recommend speaking with your Business Advisor about your concerns using our Lodgement ATM facility. Contact details for all of our Branches can be found here

Many Thanks
    Alison 

Advertisement