Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topsoil in Inishowen, where to get it and cost?

Options
  • 10-06-2016 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,627 ✭✭✭✭

I have a rough area behind my garage which I am currently about to weedkill.

I hope to put down lawn seed but it's a but light for soil, and I think I could be doing with some added first.

Anyone know a decent supplier and how much it's likely to cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

NIMAN wrote: »
    I have a rough area behind my garage which I am currently about to weedkill.

I hope to put down lawn seed but it's a but light for soil, and I think I could be doing with some added first.

Anyone know a decent supplier and how much it's likely to cost?

JD multi hire in Buncrana supply's gravel and does general haulage so I'd say he'd do topsoil too, he's got a truck with a clamshell bucket so he can deposit the load anywhere you want it more or less

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The Dealer would have the occasional ad for topsoil but may not necessarily be in your neck of the woods though. Worth a look anyhow.

Also if you happen to see any new houses/buildings commencing in the area maybe have a word with the owner or contractor to see if they have any spare topsoil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

I actually just passed a house in Manor this morning that had a load in its front yard with a for sale sign on it if that's any use to you. The new build opposite the pub on the main road.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,627 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Wee bit too far, but thanks anyway.

Advertisement