Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working as doctor in UAE?

Options
  • 10-06-2016 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭

My partner and I are considering working in the UAE for a year or two to hopefully save for a house deposit. I work for a professional services firm and could transfer to the UAE branch easily enough. My partner is a doctor and is concerned about finding a suitable role over there.

Just wondering if anyone here has experience of this, are there jobs available for westerners and are the pay and conditions OK? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭FURET

My partner and I are considering working in the UAE for a year or two to hopefully save for a house deposit. I work for a professional services firm and could transfer to the UAE branch easily enough. My partner is a doctor and is concerned about finding a suitable role over there.

Just wondering if anyone here has experience of this, are there jobs available for westerners and are the pay and conditions OK? Thanks.

Majority of hospitals in Dubai are private. Western doctors are highly regarded and people often express a preference for a western doctor over an Indian or Pakistani doctor because the education is perceived to be superior. Places for your partner to look - Medcare, Dr. Sulaiman al Habib Hospital, Dubai Healthcare City, etc. Packages for consultants would probably be in the 1M AED range and most likely fixed regardless of hours worked, which are often horrendous.

Advertisement