Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Officer - Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Imjustwaiting

I can't believe it's taking this long, its an unbelievable painful wait with not one bit of communication since the interview results. I would have expected some urgency with the impending Brexit etc to get this sorted and have people with experience in place. This seems to be common practice for placements in the civil service judging by reading other threads on the CO and EO campaigns, but I just thought that because this is such a specific post that it would be more efficent! Silly me, I wonder how many candidates have lost interest / got new jobs now with the delays?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ABitMoreInfo

Someone who knows someone out there told me yesterday it could be February :( Supposedly we're coming out of next year's budget, so nothing happens until the New Year.

But clerical officer could come sooner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 StokesDrift

Someone who knows someone out there told me yesterday it could be February :( Supposedly we're coming out of next year's budget, so nothing happens until the New Year.

But clerical officer could come sooner :)

I was told it takes 12 weeks for clearance, after which we should be contacted for references. So new year sounds about right!

I was told it takes 12 weeks for clearance, after which we should be contacted for references. So new year sounds about right!

12 WEEKS! Any idea what takes that long to clear an individual? I'd love to know what is done beyond a quick criminal conviction check etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pseudonymised

Pas have told me 4-6 weeks, 8-10 weeks and most recently 12-16 weeks. I only called around 3 times since going into clearance in September and each time the person on the other end knows nothing or gave a seemingly random time frame. I eased up on my job search when I passed the interview because its a role I really want, but god the wait is killer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 StokesDrift

12 WEEKS! Any idea what takes that long to clear an individual? I'd love to know what is done beyond a quick criminal conviction check etc?

That's what I was told when I rang PAS couple of weeks ago. I have no idea what clearance actually involves, I thought it was just the garda vetting. The interview results email said they're checking that we "fulfil all the requirements governing the competition, including qualifications, health and character".

Pas have told me 4-6 weeks, 8-10 weeks and most recently 12-16 weeks. I only called around 3 times since going into clearance in September and each time the person on the other end knows nothing or gave a seemingly random time frame. I eased up on my job search when I passed the interview because its a role I really want, but god the wait is killer!

Exactly same as myself, thought that we would be in the positions by this stage or at least very close to it so took the foot off the gas with the job search, it's not as though we made up the timescale it states it on the first page of the info booklet! All was going well and then radio silence. I have read on some of the other threads that e-vetting is only taking about 2 weeks at the moment so I don't get why this CO role takes an extra 10 weeks to complete and why its paper vetted and not electronically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 sumpector

I hope that references and everything else is handled before Christmas, it would be great going into the New Year with a job offer.

11 weeks today since results came out!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Eagle eyes12

Week 12 has hit hopefully some news soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ABitMoreInfo

I heard nobody at the airport knows whats happening, not even the guy at the top out there. Starting to think it was all a big windup :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Ye are all aware how long vetting takes right? Be patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

One week if e-vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Apocoyl

It's not actually standard vetting that's the problem, it's security clearance which is a lot more detailed than the vetting process used for other clerical roles, I think that's where the hold up is at the moment. That's what PAS told me at the very beginning anyway

One week if e-vetting.

Not in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JobHunter2000

Any news on this?

Any news on this?
    Did you apply for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Lads at this rate the panel will be disbanded and it will start again. If no movement in Jan then I wouldn't hold much hope for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don't these panels only become active when the first appointment is made?

Person I know has placed very high on this and the PASO competition, also placed highly on the general co competition. This would have been his first choice but in the past week he has received offers from both the other roles so he's most likely going to drop out of this due to lack of movement.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Lads at this rate the panel will be disbanded and it will start again. If no movement in Jan then I wouldn't hold much hope for it.

Not a dig at you, but this is utter nonsense. This is standard with CS recruitment.

• Advertisement

Avada wrote: »
    Not a dig at you, but this is utter nonsense. This is standard with CS recruitment.

Agreed; there is no panel even formed yet technically since the interview results as no new order of merit positions have been issued yet and no appointments made from the competition. Also there was a parlimentary question asked last week and the minister reaffirmed the commitment to the rollout, should start moving in the new year hopefully http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/PQ-13-12-2016-131

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jimmy706

Hey. I've been following this thread for a while. Decided I'd set up an a/c today to let people know I got a call on Tuesday saying my vetting had come through and they would be contacting references. No timeframe given. I was in the top 40 in the order of merit.

Jimmy706 wrote: »
    Hey. I've been following this thread for a while. Decided I'd set up an a/c today to let people know I got a call on Tuesday saying my vetting had come through and they would be contacting references. No timeframe given. I was in the top 40 in the order of merit.

Well done and congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SlippyFingers5

When did we nominate references? It wasn't on any of the forms so far

On the day of the interview, we had to bring written references to cover the past three or five years, can't remember which, except for our current employers. They asked me for my current employers on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Cormacs72

sumpector wrote: »
    On the day of the interview, we had to bring written references to cover the past three or five years, can't remember which, except for our current employers. They asked me for my current employers on Tuesday.

Do you mind me asking where you placed? I placed in the late thirties but when I rang PAS yesterday they told me they were only calling back the top 20 for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

I got the call on Tuesday too, so at last things seem to be moving.
    I called them today and was told they'll probably be sending out letters (I presume with official job offer and start date) in early January.

Cormacs72 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking where you placed? I placed in the late thirties but when I rang PAS yesterday they told me they were only calling back the top 20 for now.

I placed in the top twenty. Did you have to fill in an e-vetting form at any stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Cormacs72

sumpector wrote: »
    I placed in the top twenty. Did you have to fill in an e-vetting form at any stage?

Yes filled in the e-vetting just before I sat the interview and gave them my 2 references that day too.

• Advertisement

Was anybody's references contacted the week before Christmas?

Advertisement