Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Officer - Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Cormacs72

As stated before I never got a phone call but I got a letter on Christmas eve that I've been assigned to the department of justice and they will be in contact shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

I had to drop another bit of paperwork in today, and I spoke to someone from there afterwards who told me they hope to have the first batch of assignments done in the next couple of days and after that it's up to the Department of Justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

The word at the airport is now saying the first group should start in about 3 weeks. Hopefully anyway. End of the month or early next month is what is being said.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pseudonymised

Got my letter today, here's hoping we hear about a date soon. :D
    I'm due to start a CO position soon and would like to hear before then so I'm not starting and leaving them in the lurch.

Got my letter today, here's hoping we hear about a date soon. :D
    I'm due to start a CO position soon and would like to hear before then so I'm not starting and leaving them in the lurch.

Got the letter too. Finally!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Tippymum

Could I ask those of you that got letters where you were placed?Just wondering if there's any hope for those of us outside the top 39!😬

Tippymum wrote: »
    Could I ask those of you that got letters where you were placed?Just wondering if there's any hope for those of us outside the top 39!😬

I was mid twenties after the tests in PAS, I don't know how much that changed coming through the other stages (with drop outs and people who didn't pass the interview stage).

I got a call this afternoon, start date for training is February 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Apocoyl

I'd ring PAS if I was you, I rang the other day and was placed outside the 39 and have now been put into clearance apparently so happy days!!

That's really positive.Thank you.I'll call them tomorrow...fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Golf mad 6178

I got an email from PAS today to say I have gone into security clearance, So I am guessing the are getting ready for the second batch?
    Anyone else get the same?

• Advertisement

I got an email from PAS today to say I have gone into security clearance, So I am guessing the are getting ready for the second batch?

Yeh got it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Eagle eyes12

Just got mine thought I might of been a bit far back for the second batch!! But happy either way

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bros81

Got my email today too. Wonder how long it's all going to take for us.

I called PAS and was told it will all depend on the clearence, Once that is sorted we will be given a start asap,

Got the email too!I know it's mostly guess work but does anyone have any idea of a date for training commencement or how long training takes? I'm assuming they'll give us enough notice to give notice to current employers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Yup, didn't even know they used the first :confused:

Got the email too!I know it's mostly guess work but does anyone have any idea of a date for training commencement or how long training takes? I'm assuming they'll give us enough notice to give notice to current employers.

First batch got about a month's notice, starting on February 6th. Training is nine weeks I think, offsite first then in the airport.

My brother got the email too, so now he's in clearance.

Does anyone know how many are in the first group?
    Just wondering how far the are going up to?

When they rang me just before Christmas to say I was out of clearance and at reference stage I was told twenty.

Close to the triple digit mark myself and I was stuck into clearance. Remember you're placement number isn't you're actual number with drop outs and fails etc

• Advertisement

So roughly how long did it take the first group to get through clearance&receive their training start date including reference check&notice periods for employers etc?

So roughly how long did it take the first group to get through clearance&receive their training start date including reference check&notice periods for employers etc?

September from results until January with start dates with the Christmas break in there. However the problem can be clearance as the "batch" isn't sent back one by one to pas so if there is a delay with one person all the others are delayed too.

September from results until January with start dates with the Christmas break in there. However the problem can be clearance as the "batch" isn't sent back one by one to pas so if there is a delay with one person all the others are delayed too.

Thank you!

Does anybody know if PAS ring you before contacting references, or if they ask if you have updated references since providing them at the interview?

Sounds like real movement at last; roll on 6 Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I fell just outside the last batch of interviews (less than 20 places) am i out of the running now if they are taking the next batch from the group already interviewed does anyone know?

cw67irl wrote: »
    I fell just outside the last batch of interviews (less than 20 places) am i out of the running now if they are taking the next batch from the group already interviewed does anyone know?

I believe this would come down to the number of positions and the number of people who either fail or drop out of the competition. Being just about half way through the current batch that went through it would come down to number of positions available.

Very quiet from the new recruits. Looking forward to starting?

Don't think I can call myself a recruit just yet ( only entered clearance), but I can't to start if offered a position. Extremely looking forward to what I studied in college into practice in some effect in my career.

• Advertisement

No contact since assignment letter and call from Justice HR two weeks ago, but yes I can't wait

Advertisement