Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Officer - Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bros81

I've got my email last week to say I'm into security clearance does this mean it's the second batch as I was numbered in the 150 range after stage 1 this seems like a massive amount of failings or dropouts

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Reav

Bros81 wrote: »
    I've got my email last week to say I'm into security clearance does this mean it's the second batch as I was numbered in the 150 range after stage 1 this seems like a massive amount of failings or dropouts

Yes! I heard there was slightly more than a 50% fail rate at interview- couple that with dropouts....

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

About 60% left standing after the interviews; 40% failed or didn't show approx I hear.

New routes this year and new transfer facility planning permission granted may mean more posts needed. Time will tell.

More staff finishing this week (promotions) so new recruits can't come soon enough.

Don't book holidays!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Seamus O Leprosy

About 60% left standing after the interviews; 40% failed or didn't show approx I hear.

New routes this year and new transfer facility planning permission granted may mean more posts needed. Time will tell.

More staff finishing this week (promotions) so new recruits can't come soon enough.

Don't book holidays!!

Just missed the first batch of 200 allocated interviews, hoping there is another chance down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kaloko

Did anyone here apply for the PASO3 as well?

• Advertisement

I applied for both. I've heard nothing about PASO3 since September when they said I maintained my order of merit which was low 110 area.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Golf mad 6178

Did anyone else get the email about the online medical forms?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Eagle eyes12

Did anyone else get the email about the online medical forms?

Nope. But I thought we done medical declarations at the interview stage?

Edit: I thought contact would be non existent until clearance had finished for the batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kaloko

Bros81 wrote: »
    I applied for both. I've heard nothing about PASO3 since September when they said I maintained my order of merit which was low 110 area.

I was just wondering during because I got a call on Wednesday that they are processing my application and just wanted me to confirm why I had a gap in my employment so wasn't sure if anyone else had heard back with the PASO3. I was 120's

• Registered Users Posts: 13 swizzle0411

Anyone else gotten offers this afternoon from batch 2? only got notification of going into the clearance stage on 10th January!

• Advertisement

Anyone else gotten offers this afternoon from batch 2? only got notification of going into the clearance stage on 10th January!

Be a while for offers yet! Took 12 weeks for batch one to hear anything back I'm guessing we'll be the same time frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Apocoyl

Be a while for offers yet! Took 12 weeks for batch one to hear anything back I'm guessing we'll be the same time frame.

Don't think so, my references have been completed already so offers are coming fast!

Apocoyl wrote: »
    Don't think so, my references have been completed already so offers are coming fast!

Where you in batch 2? When did they contact you for references?

Where you in batch 2? When did they contact you for references?

Contacted me last Friday to verify couple of things, I was only notified of going into clearance after Xmas so can only assume clearance is completed already if they are seeking references!

Good stuff! Did you get a phone call or letter for the offer?

Good stuff! Did you get a phone call or letter for the offer?

I just got a call direct from Justice HR earlier today. caught me off guard completly! I haven't even had a formal offer from public jobs yet. exciting 😀

I just got a call direct from Justice HR earlier today. caught me off guard completly! I haven't even had a formal offer from public jobs yet. exciting 😀

Congratulations! I'd say you were well caught off guard alright, did they give you a start date?

I got an offer today and I'm in batch 2, I was expecting a 3 month wait like batch one though like you say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

Did you get an offer?

Congratulations! I'd say you were well caught off guard alright, did they give you a start date?

Thanks 😀 Em possibly next Monday if I can get out of where I am but if not then it will be March before there's an idea of the next training dates

• Advertisement

Got a call also today just confirming references. No start date yet. Was told they will only run training when they've about 20 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

New hires looking forward to Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 StokesDrift

New hires looking forward to Monday?

Yes, absolutely, so looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pennyh

Yes, absolutely, so looking forward to it!

Yep. Me too. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Best of luck to everyone starting tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tippymum

Hope everyone gets on well!Keep in touch&don't forget to up date those of us still waiting!😀

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tippymum

Can anyone tell me whether the people that started last Monday from the first batch?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 justsomegirl

Hi Guys

I wondering if someone who is an immigration officer can help me?
    I got the call today to say i got the job.
    However i was on the CO panel and recently got placed in a job - the job is great, really interesting - it has got its cons though.

I really wanted the immigration job and hoped it would come up before i got placed from the panel - now I have to choose between the two jobs.

Can you give me some insight into the job, i read the booklet but that's literature. And even at that it doesn't quite answer some questions.
    I know holiday allocations are the same as my current CO job, but are that restricted? do they have to be taken in block because of the shift pattern or can i just take a holiday day? Also re promotion, i was told that to get promoted you have to move out of immigration...... what about getting promoted to a supervisor/manager for example? I am keen to progress and am currently on the EO panel so i want to choose wisely for the medium to long term. I know that following probation Im locked in so I really want to enjoy my work - from what i understand i feel i will. Also i was told that there were many duties of the immigration officer, can you give an example of a working day - surely its not 12 hours checking passports - do you rotate posts?

Thanks to anyone that can help me

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Golf mad 6178

Hi Guys

I wondering if someone who is an immigration officer can help me?
    I got the call today to say i got the job.
    However i was on the CO panel and recently got placed in a job - the job is great, really interesting - it has got its cons though.

I really wanted the immigration job and hoped it would come up before i got placed from the panel - now I have to choose between the two jobs.

Can you give me some insight into the job, i read the booklet but that's literature. And even at that it doesn't quite answer some questions.
    I know holiday allocations are the same as my current CO job, but are that restricted? do they have to be taken in block because of the shift pattern or can i just take a holiday day? Also re promotion, i was told that to get promoted you have to move out of immigration...... what about getting promoted to a supervisor/manager for example? I am keen to progress and am currently on the EO panel so i want to choose wisely for the medium to long term. I know that following probation Im locked in so I really want to enjoy my work - from what i understand i feel i will. Also i was told that there were many duties of the immigration officer, can you give an example of a working day - surely its not 12 hours checking passports - do you rotate posts?

Thanks to anyone that can help me

Did you get a start date?
    You have asked a few good questiongs that I am looking forward to seeing the answers to,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 justsomegirl

@golfmad training is due to begin the end of March, will get further details nearer the time

Advertisement