Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Officer - Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SlippyFingers5

Can anyone help me, I'm trying to locate the original information booklet for this competition, it came out last June, there is one available on PJ now but it seems to be amended. If anyone downloaded the original back in June could you please PM me, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Eagle eyes12

How long did it take from reference check to the next contact about the position?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 justsomegirl

I got notice of entering security clearance on Jan 10th, it took about 5 weeks from that point, not sure about references.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rob787

Well... anyone looking for accommodation in North Dublin/Drogheda ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Seamus O Leprosy

Anyone get called for an interview today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Kaloko

I deferred the job and got a call yesterday with the new training date for next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Farlo1234

Anyone get called for an interview today?

Yip. I got called for interview. Dono why they calling us if 2 batches already training

Farlo1234 wrote: »
    Yip. I got called for interview. Dono why they calling us if 2 batches already training

Dont know, concerned it might be a high staff turnover rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Iv been called for an interview early next month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Dont know, concerned it might be a high staff turnover rate.

Its a high promotion rate ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

Hear interviews are week of 8 May. There are over 50, nearly 60, on the job or in training. Story is more are needed before civilians can go into T2 because of passenger growth and new routes

Hear interviews are week of 8 May. There are over 50, nearly 60, on the job or in training. Story is more are needed before civilians can go into T2 because of passenger growth and new routes

Cool...any idea of more numbers bein taken on

Avada wrote: »
    Its a high promotion rate ;)
    :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

Cool...any idea of more numbers bein taken on

About 25 to 30; will depend on latest round of promotion interviews, results due in next week or so

Any idea what the security clearance entails? Ive an adult caution from when i was in college! Will it rule me out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

Any idea what the security clearance entails? Ive an adult caution from when i was in college! Will it rule me out?

Not really sure but I suppose would depend on how serious the offence was.

List of offences under the adult cautioning scheme:
    Criminal Justice (Public Order) Act, 1994

Section 4: Intoxication in a public place Section 5: Disorderly Conduct in a public place
    Section 6: Threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour in a public place
    Section 8: Failure to comply with direction of a member of An Garda Síochána
    Section 9: Wilful Obstruction
    Section 11: Entering building etc with intent to commit an offence
    Section 22: Surrender and seizure of intoxicating liquor

Criminal Justice (Theft and Fraud Offences) Act, 2001

Section 4: Theft (where the value of the property concerned is less than €1,000)

Intoxicating Liquor Act, 2003

Section 6:
    Offences by a drunken person Section 8: Disorderly conduct

Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act, 1997

Section 2: Assault (Assaults on a member of An Garda Síochána shall be forwarded to the Director of Public Prosecutions)

Criminal Damage Act, 1991

Section 2: Damaging Property (where the value of the property damaged is less than €1,000) Section 3: Threat to damage property

Criminal Justice (Theft and Fraud Offences) Act, 2001

Section 8: Making off without payment (where the value of the payment is less than €1,000) Section 17: Handling stolen property (where the value of the property concerned is less than €1,000) Section 18: Possession of stolen property (where the value of the property concerned is less than €1,000)

Dublin Police Act, 1842

Section 14(12): Nuisances in Public thoroughfares (applies to Dublin Metropolitan (Court) District Only)

Intoxicating Liquor Act, 1927

Section 17: Persons on licensed premises during prohibited hours

Licensing Act, 1872

Section 12: Public Drunkenness

Summary Jurisdiction (Ireland) Amendment Act, 1871

Section 8: Offensive or riotous conduct in a theatre or other place of public amusement (applies to Dublin Metropolitan (Court) District only)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 backtogeather

Sup08 wrote: »
    Not really sure but I suppose would depend on how serious the offence was.

List of offences under the adult cautioning scheme:

An Adult caution will not show up on Garda clearance. It is a caution not a conviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

About 25 to 30; will depend on latest round of promotion interviews, results due in next week or so

What promotions are you talking about? Was there an internal promotion?

italodisco wrote: »
    What promotions are you talking about? Was there an internal promotion?

CO to EO promotions on the external/interdepartmental competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Flagship100

I'm a Clerical Officer in the Department of Social Protection for last 18 years and have been called for interview for the Immigration Control Officer in May. Does anyone know if I was to be successful at the interview etc, can I carry all my previous service? I've heard that the most you can carry is 10 years. Any advice appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

AFAIK, You can carry some service but it would be best if you ask PAS, they should be able to give you a definitive answer.

It's civil service to civil service, so I don't see why your service wouldn't carry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 backtogeather

I'm a Clerical Officer in the Department of Social Protection for last 18 years and have been called for interview for the Immigration Control Officer in May. Does anyone know if I was to be successful at the interview etc, can I carry all my previous service? I've heard that the most you can carry is 10 years. Any advice appreciated.

As far as I am aware all your service carries. It will be a transfer of department. Just make sure you work directly with the Dept. Social Protection and not a local office (like sub post office). If it is a local office I don't think it carries.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MrsMc

Yes, you can carry all your service for pension purposes. When you are transferring from one Dept.to another you lose your service for seniority purposes only (some exceptions). It's not an issue if the move is a result of a promotion as you start building up your seniority in the new grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Nod3Million

Where did you guys apply for these jobs? Am I too late?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

Kaloko wrote: »
    I deferred the job and got a call yesterday with the new training date for next month.

Hi, how did you defer it, was it through PAS or justice? And how long did you request the deferral for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Where did you guys apply for these jobs? Am I too late?

Too late im afraid. The applications were last April/May IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭HALLOW RUBY

I have just returned my Garda clearance form in the past few days. Does anyone have an idea when the next batch are due to start training?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

I've an interview on the 10th of May in PAS FOR THIS ROLE.

I actually got a job off the 2016 Clerical Panel and im here since Feb .

Anyone know how the shift system works in Immigration ?

Is it 3 days on 3 days off type of system ??

• Advertisement

italodisco wrote: »
    I've an interview on the 10th of May in PAS FOR THIS ROLE.

I actually got a job off the 2016 Clerical Panel and im here since Feb .

Anyone know how the shift system works in Immigration ?

Is it 3 days on 3 days off type of system ??

details are stated here in an earlier post but its 7 day/night 12 hour shifts over two weeks

Advertisement