Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Officer - Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

details are stated here in an earlier post but its 7 day/night 12 hour shifts over two weeks

It was in the information booklet from PAS last year.

12 hour shifts; start times 05:00; 06:00; 14:00 and 18:00.

Mon Tues on
    Wed Thurs off
    Fri, Sat, Sun on
    Mon Tues off
    Wed Thurs on
    Fri Sat Sun off

And then repeats itself over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

It was in the information booklet from PAS last year.

12 hour shifts; start times 05:00; 06:00; 14:00 and 18:00.

Mon Tues on
    Wed Thurs off
    Fri, Sat, Sun on
    Mon Tues off
    Wed Thurs on
    Fri Sat Sun off

And then repeats itself over and over.

Anyone know how they plan the ****s i.e , on Monday what hours do you do /Tuesday what hours / then Friday sat sun what hours do you work

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Eagle eyes12

italodisco wrote: »
    Anyone know how they plan the ****s i.e , on Monday what hours do you do /Tuesday what hours / then Friday sat sun what hours do you work

It's rotational based so you can never say on Mondays you do x because you'll do different shifts every week. Basically you can't say I need every Monday night off because of Y. Eventually you'll have to work it.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

It's rotational based so you can never say on Mondays you do x because you'll do different shifts every week. Basically you can't say I need every Monday night off because of Y. Eventually you'll have to work it.

Oh good God, we had this before. Read the Information booklet.

Day 1 to Day 2 to Night to Seing shift; repeat; repeat; repeat ..... forever until you leave the Unit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Best of Luck to all attending interviews over the next couple of days. Hopefully it goes well for us :)

• Advertisement

Anyone know when we supply references? I wasnt asked yesterday at interview and i dont remember filling them in on the form although that was last year so i could be wrong

cw67irl wrote: »
    Anyone know when we supply references? I wasnt asked yesterday at interview and i dont remember filling them in on the form although that was last year so i could be wrong

If successful you'll be put into security clearance then they'll call you when out for references. That's how it was for me anyways

Cool thanks. I had actually taken a couple of written references yesterday in case they were needed. Trying to cover all bases :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 P_cooper

Any feedback from the interviews?

P_cooper wrote: »

Generally a minimum of 2 weeks before you hear back from the day of the final interview. So another while yet.

• Advertisement

P_cooper wrote: »

Havent heard anything yet anyway. Id say another week anyway. I think it went ok. Hopefully anyway. The 2 doing mine were grand. Relaxed questioning. Stress was more on my end :)

I think i did ok. I came out pretty happy. Will be absolutely gutted if I dont get it.

Fingers crossed until we hear more :)

I wasn't too happy with the interview, felt like it went so fast. Would love to get it though

It definitely felt fast. When did you do it?

One of the first things they did was tell me there was a 30 min limit on them to make it fair for all applicants

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Minky28

Hello, I'm the same. Went for an interview the other day and on the day i left it thinking wow that went so quick. Only felt like i was in there 20 minutes. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing. Counting down the minutes for the feedback. Just to ease my mind, stressing out about it incase i messed it up when I really want it like everyone else on this thread 🙈😊

Anyone know the number of interviews done or postions available this time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

cw67irl wrote: »
    Anyone know the number of interviews done or postions available this time around?

Posted previously 22/04/2017 , hope this helps
    About 25 to 30; will depend on latest round of promotion interviews, results due in next week or so

What number were they up to on the panel, does anyone know?
    Or what were your numbers, roughly in tenths if you would rather not quote your own number.

The first batch of interviews were 199. I very narrowly missed out (less than 20 places) talking to some people who interviewed last week they went into the 300s this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Farlo1234

I was in the early 300's so even if i do pass interview id say i wouldnt get called for it due to my relative placing.

Farlo1234 wrote: »
    I was in the early 300's so even if i do pass interview id say i wouldnt get called for it due to my relative placing.

What do you mean relative placing?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Farlo1234

Your ranking after the online test. Interview just holds your place unlike other competitions where the better you do in interview the further up in the rankings you would move. So failures and drop outs are only way to move up list if interview is passed

• Advertisement

Farlo1234 wrote: »
    Your ranking after the online test. Interview just holds your place unlike other competitions where the better you do in interview the further up in the rankings you would move. So failures and drop outs are only way to move up list if interview is passed

They are well up the field and these interviews are for 25 to 30 jobs. Depending on the amount of interviews being conducted at the moment, it's roughly 50% suucess/acceptance rate judging by the positionstrike they are calling for interview now. Yet they still have to complete a backup panel as well. So don't be to shocked if your are approved for panel or even called for a position. Think positive 😆

The nervous waiting continues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lead officer

Results are just in, good luck everyone

Does anyone here know when training is expected to start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Seamus O Leprosy

the first batch apparently took a couple of months to get through clearance only after that the training can start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fcsuperihg

Anybody Now wich email we send out the form?
    wich we receive with interview results ,and if we need to fill out even if we ar not in cleareance yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 keeran

Hey just wondering if it's possible does anybody know when they are taking applications for this role again? As I missed the cut off date last year. Only found out they were hiring after the closing date in June 2016

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Seamus O Leprosy

a quick question for those who made it through the first batch last autumn.
    I passed the interview and have been told Im in the first batch going for clearance. ( I got Garda clearance last September for work in a Garda Station so I suspect clearance wont be an issue)
    Whats the timeframe/procedure for the rest of the process.

Much Appreciated

keeran wrote: »
    Hey just wondering if it's possible does anybody know when they are taking applications for this role again? As I missed the cut off date last year. Only found out they were hiring after the closing date in June 2016

Panels in the Civil Service are normally established for 2 years (unless specified) or until the last person placed on the panel has expired (not dead ;)) and there is no one left to be placed. So you could be looking at 2 years before this panel expires and a new one formed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 fcsuperihg

any change if they are gonna call another batch for cleareance?

Advertisement