Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Officer - Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

cw67irl wrote: »
    And it continues :)

On a worrying sidenote the reintroduction of some automated checkpoints should these effect the planned recruitment?

No, it won't affect it, they have been planned for long before this campaign.

From what I've heard, those waiting on clearance shouldn't be waiting too much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Junkyard Dog

Just out of curiosity guys - from what I understand this is a Dublin Airport only position. Is there any plans that anyone knows of, to roll this position out to the other airports?

Just out of curiosity guys - from what I understand this is a Dublin Airport only position. Is there any plans that anyone knows of, to roll this position out to the other airports?

I would imagine so, but not in the near future. If I remember correctly, a PQ stated that it was intended, where it makes financial sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭billyhead

Anybody know if there are plans to hold a competition to work in the Immigration unit at the Airport for EO/HEO grade?

billyhead wrote: »
    Anybody know if there are plans to hold a competition to work in the Immigration unit at the Airport for EO/HEO grade?

EO are recruited from within Dept of Justice. There won't be a comp for HEO either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

Avada wrote:
    EO are recruited from within Dept of Justice. There won't be a comp for HEO either.

Revenue looks after the customs side of things as well

thomasj wrote: »
    Revenue looks after the customs side of things as well

Yeah and Revenue only recruit customs officers from within Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

billyhead wrote: »

The EO grade in the immigration unit at the airport is only open to EO's within the Department of Justice.

HEO grade is full-filled from the HEO panel that's in place when any positions of HEO grade become available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Anyone heard anything lately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Seamus O Leprosy

Anyone heard anything lately?

Not a word from the official source, sent a couple emails over the last few weeks and was told "still in clearance which can take 12 weeks" Im hoping to here soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 seanirl21

Does anyone have an idea when we might get called

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

Who ever is going forward will probably be starting training within the next month or two, training involving the few weeks basic training in the hotel following with the weeks supervision within the airport Good luck whoever will be starting it!!

revenent wrote: »
    Who ever is going forward will probably be starting training within the next month or two, training involving the few weeks basic training in the hotel following with the weeks supervision within the airport Good luck whoever will be starting it!!

Can you elaborate on this at all? By PM if you prefer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I'm presuming I'm too late this time round. anyone any idea when they are likely to go again with recruitment?

hdowney wrote: »
    I'm presuming I'm too late this time round. anyone any idea when they are likely to go again with recruitment?

I don't see there being a recruitment campaign in the near future, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

Been very very quiet about new staff for ages now. No news on when new people will start.

Been very very quiet about new staff for ages now. No news on when new people will start.

So we are probably talking after Xmas are we?

So we are probably talking after Xmas are we?

Hard to know; we are going into T2 in a few weeks so extra bodies would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 P_cooper

Any update on the next batch? Garda clearance seems to be taking a lot longer than I was expecting.

P_cooper wrote: »
    Any update on the next batch? Garda clearance seems to be taking a lot longer than I was expecting.

Not a whisper my end either. I recently passed the CO interview so have a couple of choices to think about.

May I kindly ask those who are doing this job at the moment, how many overnight shifts do you do in an average month?

• Advertisement

Not a whisper my end either. I recently passed the CO interview so have a couple of choices to think about.

May I kindly ask those who are doing this job at the moment, how many overnight shifts do you do in an average month?

Off the top of my head it's about 5/6 shifts per 4 week cycle. It does vary though

Avada wrote: »
    Off the top of my head it's about 5/6 shifts per 4 week cycle. It does vary though

oh about 1 in 3 shifts is an overnight. somehow I thought it would have been less busy. Thanks for the reply

oh about 1 in 3 shifts is an overnight. somehow I thought it would have been less busy. Thanks for the reply

The full roster should have been in the info from pas

Its 1 in 4ish, not that simple

4 shifts

05:00 to 17:00
    06:00 to 18:00
    14:00 to 02:00
    18:00 to 06:00

Each officer works basically 183 days in year. Which essentially means 25% are the 18:00 to 06:00!shift.

All this was in information booklet everyone could access

4 shifts

05:00 to 17:00
    06:00 to 18:00
    14:00 to 02:00
    18:00 to 06:00

Each officer works basically 183 days in year. Which essentially means 25% are the 18:00 to 06:00!shift.

All this was in information booklet everyone could access

Yep got that and thank you, but didnt think the staffing level at night would have been the same as the busier times of the day Any idea on what the shift staggers are? if you are 05:00 to 17:00 shift one is shift two likely to be 14:00 to 02:00 to allow more than 12 hours between shifts.

You do (as an example)

5-17.00 Monday Tuesday
    Rest Wednesday Thursday
    6-18.00 Friday Saturday Sunday
    Rest Monday Tuesday
    18.00-6 Wednesday Thursday
    Rest Friday Saturday Sunday
    14.00-2 Monday Tuesday

The same number of staff aren't in duty "in the dead of night" as the rest of the day. It also needs to be understood that the airport wakes up from 04:15/04:30 with US flights arriving rightbthe way through to close to 02:00 during the Summer. The busiest period in T1 is from 23:30 until 01:00 and even then there will\may be investigations, people detained; etc

If you talk to the staff at the airport, the roster works for them because of the certainty of it; the long weekend etx

The same number of staff aren't in duty "in the dead of night" as the rest of the day. It also needs to be understood that the airport wakes up from 04:15/04:30 with US flights arriving rightbthe way through to close to 02:00 during the Summer. The busiest period in T1 is from 23:30 until 01:00 and even then there will\may be investigations, people detained; etc

If you talk to the staff at the airport, the roster works for them because of the certainty of it; the long weekend etx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 seanirl21

Just to let people know I received a call from PAS today saying my security clearance has come back and to send in a current employer reference. I also have to attend an induction/training on the sixth of November. Best of luck hope others get the call

Advertisement