Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Officer - Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Is that an induction day or the first day of training?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 seanirl21

The person who contacted me couldn't tell me but has promised to find out and get back to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

cw67irl wrote: »
    Is that an induction day or the first day of training?

Based on past experience, I would imagine that would be day 1 of training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Seamus O Leprosy

seanirl21 wrote: »
    Just to let people know I received a call from PAS today saying my security clearance has come back and to send in a current employer reference. I also have to attend an induction/training on the sixth of November. Best of luck hope others get the call

well done! do you mind me asking what ranking were you (approx)
    I think 204 to 248 went into clearance

• Registered Users Posts: 6 seanirl21

239 was my position

• Advertisement

seanirl21 wrote: »
    239 was my position

Cheers I was early 40's
    Hope to hear tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dropzone

Does anybody know how long it will take for the department of justice to contact us after handing in your reference? I reluctant to hand in my notice until I see my start date in writing.

dropzone wrote: »
    Does anybody know how long it will take for the department of justice to contact us after handing in your reference? I reluctant to hand in my notice until I see my start date in writing.

No idea I emailed across my references which were civil service ones so I expect will be satisfactory. I was going to call them on monday for a confirmed timetable

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

Movement at last. Plenty of overtime on the go at the moment. In Terminal 2 since last week.

The date will be the start of training, 5 weeks of classroom followed by 4 weeks on the job.

dropzone wrote: »

Did you get the letter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Martj76

Just wondering is there anybody else who still has not received their security clearance back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dropzone

Did you get the letter?

I've got a letter from the public appointments services. The department of justice has been in touch over the phone and I should be receiving a letter from them soon.

So have we many posters starting the 6th? Im counting the days!

Good luck to those startups no Monday, 5 weeks of carvery lunches to look forward to!

Good luck to those startups no Monday, 5 weeks of carvery lunches to look forward to!

How will we cope 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fcsuperihg

Anybody knows if recruitment is finish,and what gonna happen to the rest of the people on the panel?

Still short and more getting promoted so more will be taken on

Any News on this matter ?
    panel its taking a long time
    people interview passed the interview but no news on this matter.
    anybody knows any uptdate?
    Thanks

fcsuperihg wrote: »
    Any News on this matter ?
    panel its taking a long time
    people interview passed the interview but no news on this matter.
    anybody knows any uptdate?
    Thanks

There is a batch in clearance at the moment. Id imagine PAS would have told you if you were gone to clearance? Where did you place in the order of merit?

There is a batch in clearance at the moment. Id imagine PAS would have told you if you were gone to clearance? Where did you place in the order of merit?

Tha't its true .
    i am early 300 on the order if merit.
    regards
    Tiago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 nosey11

What was involved in the medical for this role, eyes, ears, bloods etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

nosey11 wrote: »
    What was involved in the medical for this role, eyes, ears, bloods etc?

No medical involved

No medical involved

Thanks Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Digger01

Anybody got an idea how to check progress of security clearance?

Digger01 wrote: »
    Anybody got an idea how to check progress of security clearance?

You could try PAS but i think the clearances come back in batches. Worth checking in with them to see what numbers are gone for clearances ect

You could try PAS but i think the clearances come back in batches. Worth checking in with them to see what numbers are gone for clearances ect

Have you started cw67irl? What was the training like?

Have you started cw67irl? What was the training like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 spring2017

Good evening, Anyone else handed in references and waiting to hear from DOJ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Means52

I got a call 3 weeks ago saying I passed security clearance and To send in my references. Next day my current employer got the phone call asking about me. The following week I got a call from DOJ saying there's still people in clearance so no time for training is giving yet but they will let me know once everyone's through clearance. Said it could be soon,could be later. Also got the letter the same week from public jobs. Just a waiting game now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 spring2017

Sounds promising. Public Jobs had told me training could be start/mid March but not confirmed. I take it your current employer knows you will be resigning soon 🙈. By looking through previous posts they give about 4 weeks notice on training. Do DOJ send a job offer with the training dates, I was just told I would hear from them about my assignment. Thanks again for the reply

Advertisement