Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Officer - Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Means52

Yeh current employer knows. Has the whole place told and currently training someone up in my place already. Haha talking about jumping the gun a little. They never told me when the start dates were as at the time they rang me,they said their was still alot going through clearance so training dates weren't available then. I was thinking March from the previous years training but they said they would let me know when a date is confirmed and they will send out the contract then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 spring2017

I'm sure current employer appreciates your honesty. I wonder how many trainees start at the same time. Hopefully hear something in the next week or so.

I'm sure current employer appreciates your honesty. I wonder how many trainees start at the same time. Hopefully hear something in the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 keeran

Hello,

Can anybody in the know tell me when they will be accepting applications for this position again? Am I right in thinking they are still working off the same panel of applicants since the close of applicants in June 2016?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Digger01

Yes still working off 2016 panel, I'm not sure of turnover of staff,so hard to call when new panel will be formed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

INIS looking at training starting in mid/late March probably held at Radisson in the airport. Unsure of numbers but probably around 25/26. More numbers constantly needed with so many promotions and such, any questions about training or the job fire them away as I did it recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nosey11

revenent wrote: »
    INIS looking at training starting in mid/late March probably held at Radisson in the airport. Unsure of numbers but probably around 25/26. More numbers constantly needed with so many promotions and such, any questions about training or the job fire them away as I did it recently.

Hi, so how was the training, fun, tough, enjoyable?

nosey11 wrote: »
    Hi, so how was the training, fun, tough, enjoyable?

Trainings good, goes in depth with what you will be doing day to day, covers passenger interview techinques, what to look for and talks from all relevant parties in the airport. Also always good meeting who you will be working with. All in all its good and enjoyable if a little daunting at first.

Trainings good, goes in depth with what you will be doing day to day, covers passenger interview techinques, what to look for and talks from all relevant parties in the airport. Also always good meeting who you will be working with. All in all its good and enjoyable if a little daunting at first.

Sounds great, thanks, one more thing, where is the parking for Dept of Justice staff?

Sounds great, thanks, one more thing, where is the parking for Dept of Justice staff?

You get put in a staff car park about 10 mins walk from both terminals, staff bus runs every 15mins (ish)

• Advertisement

You get put in a staff car park about 10 mins walk from both terminals, staff bus runs every 15mins (ish)

Thanks again, what way are the shifts spread out over s week, do you start off on earlies, a couple of rest days, then on to late and night shifts or how goes it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Thanks again, what way are the shifts spread out over s week, do you start off on earlies, a couple of rest days, then on to late and night shifts or how goes it go?

Its in the info pack, but as an example its:

Monday/Tuesday: 5am - 5pm
    Wednesday/Thursday: Rest
    Friday/Saturday/Sunday: 6am-6pm
    Monday/Tuesday: Rest
    Wednesday/Thursday: 6pm-6am
    Friday/Saturday/Sunday: Rest
    Monday/Tuesday: 2pm-2am
    Friday/Saturday/Sunday: 5am-5pm

This repeats indefinitely basically. The days you are on earlies depends on your team, but the days won't vary.

Its in the info pack, but as an example its:

Monday/Tuesday: 5am - 5pm
    Friday/Saturday/Sunday: 6am-6pm
    Monday/Tuesday: Rest
    Wednesday/Thursday: 6pm-6am
    Friday/Saturday/Sunday: Rest
    Monday/Tuesday: 2pm-2am
    Friday/Saturday/Sunday: 5am-5pm

This repeats indefinitely basically. The days you are on earlies depends on your team, but the days won't vary.

Thanks a million

Thanks a million

Make sure to fully read the info pack, as for instance as part of the contract you will be 'locked' in the airport for a fixed time unless promoted. Other rules and info applies, but like anything make sure to read everything!

Thanks so much for all the info. How long is the training in the hotel? Is it 9-5? When you train in the airport once you get airside pass do you work on shifts then? Thanks in advance.

spring2017 wrote: »
    Thanks so much for all the info. How long is the training in the hotel? Is it 9-5? When you train in the airport once you get airside pass do you work on shifts then? Thanks in advance.

5weeks training, 9 to 5 ish some half days and the like. While training you will get airside pass after completing ramp training. Just after the training ye might be doing 'light shifts'for a few weeks

Good morning, anybody heard from DOJ since submitting all their paperwork?

Good morning, anybody heard from DOJ since submitting all their paperwork?

Still waiting to hear of the precise location/hotel where training will take place on the 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

You will get a call a couple of days beforehand. It will be a hotel by the airport :)

Anyone know how many are in this batch?

cw67irl wrote: »
    You will get a call a couple of days beforehand. It will be a hotel by the airport :)

Not sure how many but thanks for the info, how’s it going in there?

• Advertisement

cw67irl wrote: »

Not sure, from reading previous posts I'd say about 25. How many started with you?

Everyone looking forward to starting on Tuesday 😀

Everyone looking forward to starting on Tuesday 😀

Absolutely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Off topic i know but does anyone kmow if they hire Immi control officers for shannon airport regularly?

zweton wrote: »
    Off topic i know but does anyone kmow if they hire Immi control officers for shannon airport regularly?

It's not civilians there, only existing members of the Guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Digger01

Guards also doing immigration in Knock Airport

Digger01 wrote: »
    Guards also doing immigration in Knock Airport

All ports of entry, with the exception of Dublin Airport

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

Gone quiet on here. How are folks finding their first few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

Anyone else get a message to ask if your still interested in this campaign? Thought it was long gone....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭applejunkie

gelsthe wrote: »
    Anyone else get a message to ask if your still interested in this campaign? Thought it was long gone....

Yep I just got a message on my message board too . I was waiting on results from the EO campaign and assumed it was that . Nearly 2 years later .......
    I've replied saying I'm still interested see what happens

Advertisement