Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Officer - Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

The fact that multiple people created accounts, just to try highlight the face that things are a shambles in the airport is amazing. Luckily people are trying to improve things through the union rather then just complaining. Local management doesn't care because they have got away with it since the unit started. It was started as a cost cutting exercise and since it's conception has saved millions, yet this has not been invested in any way on staff or conditions. It's not glass half empty it's reality. All local management want is bums In seats immigrating until you either burn out or get promoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 New18

Hi, I was wondering if anyone how long it would be after clearing security clearance and referencing it would be before being offered a possible position.

Thanks ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Farlo1234

Any idea if they will open up a new recruitment for this or still picking off panel? Got excellent in 2 competencies and very good in the other 2 in interview so just missed out :(

Farlo1234 wrote: »
    Any idea if they will open up a new recruitment for this or still picking off panel? Got excellent in 2 competencies and very good in the other 2 in interview so just missed out :(

They are still working off old panel from 2016, only about 50 left to be called. I can see them readvertising it shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 3 darrenmcdade

Anyone in the military turn to this line of work and if so was your pension compromised by abatement????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 cockster1969

im currently working in the hse for the last 18 yrs and ive been offered a new job in dublin airport as a immigration control officer..the wages isnt that good there but im wondering does anybody know if i can carry my incriments over from government job to another?

im currently working in the hse for the last 18 yrs and ive been offered a new job in dublin airport as a immigration control officer..the wages isnt that good there but im wondering does anybody know if i can carry my incriments over from government job to another?

Is this still off the 2016 panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nosey11

I'd stay where I was if I were you, they're hemorrhaging staff for a reason. You can carry your money as far as I know, but its up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

you would be mad to take it. long shifts low morale and management that dont care from what i hear.

you would be mad to take it. long shifts low morale and management that dont care from what i hear.

From all the crap posted on this thread you mean. Management can be bad anywhere, morale is non existent but the job is interesting and varied. Something unlike any other job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ishoodishoo

I also worked for HSE for many years and asked would I be able to carry increment over and I was told to contact HR upon assignment. The hours are 24/7 so if you want to have a Monday to Friday job and have your weekend to yourself type of person then don't go for it and waste time when someone else could take that position. I've seen it for years with people coming in to train that clearly haven't read the job prospectus and don't want to work nights or weekends, well just don't apply then give someone else a chance that does.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Farlo1234

Any word on new recruitment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Farlo1234 wrote: »
    Any word on new recruitment?

Nothing anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Does anyone know if you can carry over your current service in the civil service or would you have to start from point 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can carry over your current service in the civil service or would you have to start from point 1?

Service carries over if its an equivalent grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Service carries over if its an equivalent grade.

Cheers Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭paulbolg

Anyone know what the story is with current recruitment? I can only assume this is a new panel? Thankyou

paulbolg wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with current recruitment? I can only assume this is a new panel? Thankyou

It is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

paulbolg wrote: »

The old panel has now been exhausted and no more officers to be selected from the panel.
    A new panel will be formed from this competition and should last approximately 2 years. The previous panel went on for a year more than normal civil servant panels.

• Advertisement

Sup08 wrote: »
    The old panel has now been exhausted and no more officers to be selected from the panel.
    A new panel will be formed from this competition and should last approximately 2 years. The previous panel went on for a year more than normal civil servant panels.

Thanks folks, are ye currently working there? What way are you fixed staff wise?? Were any of you working in civil service dept of justice and transferred over to the airport?

They say that they hope to fill positions before Christmas. Not going to happen. After the exam and interview there is a 12 week garda plus airport security clearance to contend with. More realistic timeframe for bodies on the ground is march-april 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shamex

Hi all, can anyone give a true figure of take home pay if starting at the bottom? I understand the weekly rate is mentioned + 25% shift pay? Is there anything else that’s not mentioned or anything I’m missing / mis reading ? Thanks

Shamex wrote: »
    Hi all, can anyone give a true figure of take home pay if starting at the bottom? I understand the weekly rate is mentioned + 25% shift pay? Is there anything else that’s not mentioned or anything I’m missing / mis reading ? Thanks

Pay grades are in the application on publicjobs. If its your 1st time in civil service you start at btm grade and you get an increment every year then, add 25% to your basic. Some people are taxed differently. Take out your tax, your pensions and if your with union, 1st year just under 500 per week roughly again everyone is different

Shamex wrote: »

Add 25% + Bank Holiday pay (28% of weekly salary for shift worked or 20% for rest day on bank holiday).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gmcrnm

Anybody know is there a Sunday allowance or is that covered by the 25%. Same question to night allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

Gmcrnm wrote: »
    Anybody know is there a Sunday allowance or is that covered by the 25%. Same question to night allowance.

All contained in the information booklet.

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/index.php?option=com_jobsearch&view=jobdetails&Itemid=263&cid=109007&campaignId=19221703

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭joe199

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the first pdf of the application the offline one? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭joe199

Got there in the end cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

They say that they hope to fill positions before Christmas. Not going to happen. After the exam and interview there is a 12 week garda plus airport security clearance to contend with. More realistic timeframe for bodies on the ground is march-april 2020

Do you still have to go through that procedure even if you already work in the airport and have a valid ID card ?

Advertisement