Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Officer - Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 C2019

definitely thought i did much better than 1485 haha

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

396!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 vicky1274

conor_ie wrote: »
    396!

I got 365, I wonder was the order of merit just based on the online questionnaire? Or would being an existing civil servant warrant additional merit?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cindy1

Yeah I only got placed 851. I’m disappointed but not much I can do now

Are you defo 851? My other half got same number

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

Cindy1 wrote: »
    Are you defo 851? My other half got same number

Yeah I got this I am pleased to inform you that you have reached the qualifying standard and have been placed 851 on the order of merit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Cindy1

Yeah I got this I am pleased to inform you that you have reached the qualifying standard and have been placed 851 on the order of merit.

So a couple of people may be placed on the same number in order of merit?

Cindy1 wrote: »
    So a couple of people may be placed on the same number in order of merit?

If that's the case they must have gotten 1000s of qualifiers!

If you didn't get round 2 now is there any chance of getting it or is this basically the end of the road? Otherwise what's the point in advising of your place on the order of merit? If you are lower than 128 and they aren't calling anyone after that, why bother telling us where we placed.

vicky1274 wrote: »
    If that's the case they must have gotten 1000s of qualifiers!

If you didn't get round 2 now is there any chance of getting it or is this basically the end of the road? Otherwise what's the point in advising of your place on the order of merit? If you are lower than 128 and they aren't calling anyone after that, why bother telling us where we placed.

I was thinking the same. What’s the point if they aren’t calling over the 128

• Registered Users Posts: 9 C2019

Does anyone know how many applied

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

I got 365, I wonder was the order of merit just based on the online questionnaire? Or would being an existing civil servant warrant additional merit?

It's an external competition. Being an existing civil servant has no bearing. No idea why you think it would as it would be unfair to non civil servants. It's entirely based on the questionnaire.

I got in the mid 400's, I'm happy enough with my current job but wouldn't mind a change. Hopefully get called within next few months as not everyone in this initial batch of 128 will pass interview/security clearance or even accept an offer like.

• Advertisement

It's an external competition. Being an existing civil servant has no bearing. No idea why you think it would as it would be unfair to non civil servants. It's entirely based on the questionnaire.

I was just wondering, simple as that!! Its not unheard of for people to move internally! TBH I would have no problem if it were the case, more power to them, and I'm delighted for those who have passed to the next stage, just raging it wasn't me ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pathfinder2285

If it’s anything like the prison officer recruitment, expect security clearance to take between 8 months to a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Spikey100

I dont understand the wording of the email. I was placed just outside the 126 on the order of merit an usually they would take people in as need. But they said they're taking in the 126 does that mean the rest are out or are they gonna do as usual and move down the order of merit ?

Spikey100 wrote: »
    I dont understand the wording of the email. I was placed just outside the 126 on the order of merit an usually they would take people in as need. But they said they're taking in the 126 does that mean the rest are out or are they gonna do as usual and move down the order of merit ?

I think the rest of us are out of it

I think the rest of us are out of it

I've done public job things before and they work down the order of merit but by that wording I think you're right but it's weird the way it's written

Spikey100 wrote: »
    I've done public job things before and they work down the order of merit but by that wording I think you're right but it's weird the way it's written

It's written very ambiguously. Like good news followed by bad but then don't take anything for sure?? You would imagine that out of 128 , they will get what they are looking for but then, you never know, as someone said above people may not get clearance, may not want the job, or may not be what they ares looking for regardless of their placement on the merit order.

For now I'm accepting I didn't get through and if by some strange happening they do move down the list I'll hear from them I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Poorpolly

Does anyone know the average age of an ICO? Does age have anything to do with the application process?

Poorpolly wrote: »
    Does anyone know the average age of an ICO? Does age have anything to do with the application

I very much doubt it.That would be discrimination, cant do that anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

126 will be called for interview.

Like ppl have said, some of these won't pass clearance, won't be successful at interview or just plain won't take it.

They'll definitely get to another batch but it could be a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

These types of panels normally run for 2 years. I think last time they brought 200 for the initial interviews and they went well beyond that number by the end of the panel.

They might not get into the thousands but will easily get through a couple of hundred. The role seems to have a high turnover of staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

conor_ie wrote: »
    396!

Wtf? Something not right with that system i was told 396 too 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

There’s nothing wrong with the system.

The top ten could be;

1) 3 people
    4) 1 person
    5) 5 people
    10) 1 person

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

Turtyturd wrote: »
    There’s nothing wrong with the system.

The top ten could be;

1) 3 people
    4) 1 person
    5) 5 people
    10) 1 person

So those placed up to 128 could be way more than 128 people then?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 carlow30

17500 applied in 16 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

carlow30 wrote: »
    17500 applied in 16 anyway

I dont think it was that high was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 carlow30

it was in the paper over 17k anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Omnissiah

The last comp in 2016 was advertised as a 2 year panel. They ended up extending that to over 3 years and went well down the Order of Merit. Batches will be called as needed, depending on how many from the top of the OoM pass interview and the number of openings. It’s a standard in the Civil Service to do it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tigerwoods

They could have worded their letters better, Congratulations you passed and are number *** on the list. And then in the next paragraph telling you they are only calling 126....I got all excited until I read the next paragraph.

Just checked my results and they said they intend to call people up to 131.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TestLink

What sort of starting salary can a currently Grade 5 on 43,000 euro expect for this role?

Also what interview questions can be expected?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

TestLink wrote: »
    What sort of starting salary can a currently Grade 5 on 43,000 euro expect for this role?

Also what interview questions can be expected?

About 43,000 plus 25% for the shift allowance?

I'm.not sure what a grade five is mind but I assume it means you are a public servants at a point on your scale which is 43,000 and so you'd get the same (before shift allowance) if you got this.

The interview questions would be competency based at CO level looking at the booklet.

Advertisement