Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Officer - Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

GarIT wrote: »
    The job listing say you have to start from the bottom but I think others experience has generally been different. If you can keep your salary you can only start on 30k as that is the maximum

Fairly sure 30k isn’t the maximum. Strange that people would repeatedly give out this information without knowing the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Fairly sure 30k isn’t the maximum. Strange that people would repeatedly give out this information without knowing the scale.

I do know the scale, bit sleepy sorry, 39k is the max.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭MaxPayneXL

So many conflicting answers regarding starting salary! Who would be the best contact to ask for the correct information ? Publicjobs?

MaxPayneXL wrote: »
    So many conflicting answers regarding starting salary! Who would be the best contact to ask for the correct information ? Publicjobs?

There's not, I just made a mistake. The salary is clearly laid out here https://www.forsa.ie/other-benefits/pay-and-conditions/pay-scales/civil-service-payscales/ CO and not CO higher. Plus 25% for working nights/shifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

Justice HR or PeoplePoint

• Advertisement

There's not, I just made a mistake. The salary is clearly laid out here https://www.forsa.ie/other-benefits/pay-and-conditions/pay-scales/civil-service-payscales/ CO and not CO higher. Plus 25% for working nights/shifts.

Clerical officer (PPC)
    23,984 (459.65) – 25,553 (489.72) – 25,953 (497.36) – 26,730 (512.27) – 27,878 (534.27) – 29,022 (556.21) – 30,168 (578.16) – 31,002 (594.14) – 32,105 (615.29) – 33,209 (636.43) – 33,986 (651.32) – 35,078 (672.24) – 36,162 (693.04) – 37,855 (725.48) – LSI 1 39,186 (750.99) – LSI 2 39,796 (762.68)

I have no doubt about the CO starting salary. My only doubt is that do I need to start at CO level salary?

Should I be getting what salary I currently get in my public sector role?

Clerical officer (PPC)
    23,984 (459.65) – 25,553 (489.72) – 25,953 (497.36) – 26,730 (512.27) – 27,878 (534.27) – 29,022 (556.21) – 30,168 (578.16) – 31,002 (594.14) – 32,105 (615.29) – 33,209 (636.43) – 33,986 (651.32) – 35,078 (672.24) – 36,162 (693.04) – 37,855 (725.48) – LSI 1 39,186 (750.99) – LSI 2 39,796 (762.68)

I have no doubt about the CO starting salary. My only doubt is that do I need to start at CO level salary?

No you do not. You get paid CO scale in this position from open competition. Grades do not transfer to equivalent grades or payscales in open competitions. You are applying for a CO grade and pay will be in line with government pay policy.

Contact department of justice HR or PeoplePoint to find out what scale you may be entitled to if you were to be successful in this role.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

There’s not. The answer is you’ll start on the bottom of the scale unless you’ve prior public service experience. Rare exceptions will be made but they are unique cases. A lot of people have the attitude that because they have a few years private sector experience and can take credit for the work of others they should be entitled to jump up the scale a bit. They won’t hand it out for that.

Tbh it would take you either being extremely comfortable in your position or superhuman levels of dedication to not furthering yourself to stay at that level long enough to reach the top of the scale.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The answer is you’ll start on the bottom of the scale unless you’ve prior public service experience.

I am currently perm grade 5 in Public Sector. So would I start with my current salary of 45K?

I am currently perm grade 5 in Public Sector. So would I start with my current salary of 45K?

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,393 ✭✭✭✭noodler

My understanding is they'll pay you at the top of the CS scale plus the 25%.

They can't give you a base salary that's higher than the position's max base.

It's laid out fairly clearly that different starting points may apply to existing PS workers.

Do any one know the contact email address of PeoplePoint? peoplepoint.gov.ie is not working!

My only doubt is that do I need to start at CO level salary?

1) Yes, this is a CO role, anything else, even CO Higher, requires achieving a promotion. 2) Almost but not exactly.

I believe you can't start on the LSI no matter your previous salary unless you were already on the LSI.

You would start on 37,855. After 3 years it will increase to 39,186 and after three more years it will increase to 39,796. That is it you cant go any higher. You 25% shift allowance would be on top of that.

If you're already on 45k it would be madness going for this role unless you are really enthuastic about 12 hour overnight shifts.

PAS might be better to contact than peoplepoint but I'm not sure about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,393 ✭✭✭✭noodler

1) Yes, this is a CO role, anything else, even CO Higher, requires achieving a promotion. 2) Almost but not exactly.

I believe you can't start on the LSI no matter your previous salary unless you were already on the LSI.

You would start on 37,855. After 3 years it will increase to 39,186 and after three more years it will increase to 39,796. That is it you cant go any higher. You 25% shift allowance would be on top of that.

If you're already on 45k it would be madness going for this role unless you are really enthuastic about 12 hour overnight shifts.

PAS might be better to contact than peoplepoint but I'm not sure about that.

This is all correct.

Peoplepoint don't deal with non public servants.

1)

Some one told me that a ICO could earn around 1000+ per week !

Shift pattern as per the ICI information booklet:
    05:00 to 17:00 (day shift 1); 06:00 to 18:00 (day shift 2); iii) 14:00 to 02:00 (swing); 18:00 to 06:00 (night).

Also I heard that an ICO could work 12 hr day / night shifts only and not swing shift. Is it true?

Any ICO's in Boards.ie to clarify the doubts !

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭joe1979

Some one told me that a ICO could earn around 1000+ per week !

Shift pattern as per the ICI information booklet:
    05:00 to 17:00 (day shift 1); 06:00 to 18:00 (day shift 2); iii) 14:00 to 02:00 (swing); 18:00 to 06:00 (night).

Also I heard that an ICO could work 12 hr day / night shifts only and not swing shift. Is it true?

Any ICO's in Boards.ie to clarify the doubts !

Shifts are non negotiable you work a Swing shift if you are rostered for a Swing shift. You don’t have a choice so whoever is telling you that you can work 12 hours on a night/day shift doesn’t know what they are talking about. Nonsense.

You can earn 1k a week potentially if you are top of CO scale and do overtime. More than likely you earn that as an ICS which is an EO role

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭2006

Any tips for the interview? Has anyone done it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 blackeagle

Interview results are out ! Anyone else got email ?

Got a regret message on publicjobs.ie ! Didnt make it this time.

Congrats to all those who made it.

I passed but didnt get my number in order of merit

• Advertisement

2006 wrote: »
    I passed but didnt get my number in order of merit

Same here, does that mean we're on the panel? I found the message a bit confusing.

blackeagle wrote:
    Same here, does that mean we're on the panel? I found the message a bit confusing.

I wont think so as underneath that it said "should circumstance arise that your application comes in line for consideration you will be contacted" I too found the layout of the email confusing

I wont think so as underneath that it said "should circumstance arise that your application comes in line for consideration you will be contacted" I too found the layout of the email confusing

I think we are certainly made the panel but need to find out where are we on the panel?

blackeagle wrote:
    I think we are certainly made the panel but need to find out where are we on the panel?

Yes that's what it looks like! They really should have told us where we are on the panel

Yes that's what it looks like! They really should have told us where we are on the panel

Finger cross we might find out soon :)

blackeagle wrote:
    Finger cross we might find out soon

Hopefully! Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tigerwoods

I also passed and the email stated 1-22 on the order of merit are being processed.I am not in this range, it also said my details have been passed on for clearance. All a bit confusing.

tigerwoods wrote:
    I also passed and the email stated 1-22 on the order of merit are being processed.I am not in this range, it also said my details have been passed on for clearance. All a bit confusing.

Looks like you done well in the interview and your on the panel! Congrats! I rang public appointments this morning I'm in the early 40's

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tigerwoods

Looks like you done well in the interview and your on the panel! Congrats! I rang public appointments this morning I'm in the early 40's

Thanks,may I ask what section did you ask for in PAS when you asked about your order of merit.

• Advertisement

I rang public jobs and they asked me to send email requesting my number on order of merit.

Advertisement