Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Officer - Dublin Airport

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭2006

tigerwoods wrote:
    Thanks,may I ask what section did you ask for in PAS when you asked about your order of merit.

I rang the main number and said I'd applied, they put me through to the correct department I just quoted the competition ID

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tigerwoods

2006 wrote: »
    I rang the main number and said I'd applied, they put me through to the correct department I just quoted the competition ID

Thanks,will keep you updated

• Registered Users Posts: 21 blackeagle

Just got an email back from them saying I'm 61 on order of merit :(

blackeagle wrote:
    Just got an email back from them saying I'm 61 on order of merit

That's still good, you should still be called

That's still good, you should still be called

Hopefully. Thanks for cheering me up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Spikey100

Do we know if they're going to call more than the initial 128 for interview?

What number are they at now at interview stage?

Thanks in advance

Spikey100 wrote: »
    Do we know if they're going to call more than the initial 128 for interview?

What number are they at now at interview stage?

Thanks in advance

In the last competition they called 750 it took them nearly 3 years to do it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

In the last competition they called 750 it took them nearly 3 years to do it tho.

750? :eek::eek::eek: I thought that I had no chance after placing 425..

job seeker wrote: »
    750? :eek::eek::eek: I thought that I had no chance after placing 425..

It could take years for them to reach you. Typically the competition would run for 2 years they extended the last one by a year. You have to remember what suits the majority of applicants now may not suit them in 1-2 years, people move on, change jobs, start families. I was placed in the 600's for the competition back in 2015 my number eventually came up.

It could take years for them to reach you. Typically the competition would run for 2 years they extended the last one by a year. You have to remember what suits the majority of applicants now may not suit them in 1-2 years, people move on, change jobs, start families. I was placed in the 600's for the competition back in 2015 my number eventually came up.

I have all the time in the world to wait! That's so true! I didn't even consider that at all! Thanks!

• Advertisement

Got a mail this week from pas with all the forms for garda clearance

Got a mail this week from pas with all the forms for garda clearance

Congrats . And you were saying you were on early 40s in order of merit? That means I might have a chance with 61.

blackeagle wrote:
    Congrats . And you were saying you were on early 40s in order of merit? That means I might have a chance with 61.

Yes I'm 42 I order of merit so it looks like their on the second batch of 22 people now for clearance. I would imagine you will be in next batch

Finger crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rossi82

Hi all,

just reading & following the the comments on this thread.

I scored in the top 22 and was notified of my appointment around 10 days ago. But I have yet to receive a call to confirm dates etc, does anyone have any idea with everything going on with Covid-19 Will this greatly delay everything?

The reason I am asking is that I see they have started garda clearance for the second batch, so just curious is anyone else in the same position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,433 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Rossi82 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I scored in the top 22 and was notified of my appointment around 10 days ago. But I have yet to receive a call to confirm dates etc, does anyone have any idea with everything going on with Covid-19 Will this greatly delay everything?

The reason I am asking is that I see they have started garda clearance for the second batch, so just curious is anyone else in the same position?

You'd have thought it's definitely less a priority with airports barely open

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mhmomeara

I was placed 41 on the order of merit and haven’t heard anything from them

Hi all,

Anyone else get a message from Public jobs saying that this campaign is on hold? i got placed in the top 22 and was waiting on reference checks to be completed.

tigerwoods wrote: »
    Anyone else get a message from Public jobs saying that this campaign is on hold? i got placed in the top 22 and was waiting on reference checks to be completed.

Have you signed a contract yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mhmomeara

Received 2 emails to say competion had been suspended due to current virus outbreak. Hopefully they'll resume again when everything settles down. Stay safe and strong.

• Advertisement

tigerwoods wrote: »

All my reference checks have been cleared and then just over a week ago they sent me a message on public jobs saying “we are pleased to inform you, you have been appointed.......” and that they would be in touch.

I have yet to hear anything back but with everything going on it’s completely understandable. I just want to ask a few questions regarding the appointment.

So have you received any e-mails confirming any delays, because I have received nothing since last week?

All my reference checks have been cleared and then just over a week ago they sent me a message on public jobs saying “we are pleased to inform you, you have been appointed.......” and that they would be in touch.

I have yet to hear anything back but with everything going on it’s completely understandable. I just want to ask a few questions regarding the appointment.

So have you received any e-mails confirming any delays, because I have received nothing since last week?
    I have had no offer of a contract just asked 3 weeks ago was it OK for P.Jobs to contact my references and none of my referees were contacted up to yesterday.
    Received a message on portal of P.Jobs stating that due to circumstances beyond our control we are not currently proceeding with the filling of this position should circumstances change we will be in contact. Presumably this is all related to Covid-19.
    Hopefully Rossi82 they will be in touch with you as you have been offered a contract or even just to inform you of what is happening in these dark times.

tigerwoods wrote:
    Received a message on portal of P.Jobs stating that due to circumstances beyond our control we are not currently proceeding with the filling of this position should circumstances change we will be in contact.

I also received same mail yesterday but I'm still only in the vetting stage

Hi Rossi82,
    Have you heard anymore in relation to your application.

Anybody have any update on this? I totally forgot about it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

job seeker wrote: »
    Anybody have any update on this? I totally forgot about it..

I would imagine with huge reduction in passenger numbers in the airport it has been delayed

Hi, apologies I completely forgot to post in the group months back with everything that was going on until I seen new messages posted yesterday. I got the confirmation email and told everything had been finalised months back but there would be a delay with the lockdown. I was in touch with them regarding my appointment again last month and they explained everything is currently on hold for obvious reason because there is a class room based training programme for the first 4 weeks and they can’t currently facilitate with the current restrictions. But once they are given approval they will proceed with the rest of the appointments. Has anyone heard anything at all from public jobs?

Hi got an email this morning basically offering 6 month fixed contract for 10 position may turning to permanent if positions arise during the lifetime of panel. Anyone else got same? And what do yous think about it?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

blackeagle wrote: »
    Hi got an email this morning basically offering 6 month fixed contract for 10 position may turning to permanent if positions arise during the lifetime of panel. Anyone else got same? And what do yous think about it?
    Thanks

So a temporary 6 month contract that might become permanent should positions arise???

• Advertisement

cw67irl wrote: »
    So a temporary 6 month contract that might become permanent should positions

My understanding 6 month contract might extend to a permanent at the end or in mean time if permanent position arise they will take from panel in order of merit. And even if you take 6 month contract you still stay on permanent position panel.

Advertisement