Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Officer - Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,732 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Out of interest what is the Salary like if you do get in ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ken1302

Starting Salary :

Basic scale point 1: €26599

25%Shift allowance : € 6649.75

26 Sundays :€ 3,855.54

10 bank Holidays: approx €1500

Point 1 Gross salary: €38,604.29

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TestLink

Only €38,604.29! I am surprised. What is all the hype about this job then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭billyhead

I think a lot of people working there and also in customs think the promotion prospect are better than working in a normal admin role.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Are they in this role?

I spoke to someone who works in Customs before and he said that he was in 1.5 years and was promoted to EO. 3 years in he was going for an HEO interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Promotions are different in Customs to ISD. There are much fewer opportunities to move up in an allowanced position in ISD so it isn't comparable.

Most staff who move on promotion go to "regular" EO postings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭billyhead

I think staff who work in customs can be moved to a non allowances promoted posts aswell. It depends on business needs. There's no guarantee that you stay in customs if you get promoted. Likewise for Immigration control.

Forgive my ignorance, are those non-allowances promoted within revenue or other departments? Either way I'd see that as a positive as customs would be though I'd imagine.

There is no direct promotion within Immigration, you leave the allowanced airport post go to a normal EO posting in justice

I thought a min of 5 years had to be done in customs before that though? Or is that if you remain in the CO post?

• Advertisement

You are confusing a lot of different sections here. In Immigration control there are no direct promotions. You must be promoted , move to a normal non allowanced post as EO/HEO then if a competition opens you can apply to return as EO/HEO on shift if you are successful in said competition.

Revenue/Customs is different in that they have direct promotion within allowanced posts however this thread relates to Immigration not Revenue.

The 5 year clause you are referring to relates to moving laterally on mobility not on transfer. You cannot move to a regular CO post unless via competition.

Ah, that clears everything up! Thanks! Appreciate that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TravelMoon

Correct me if I'm wrong, I can't find the pdf information booklet anymore, but haven't the terms and conditions changed for the new competition?

It will be three years going forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 eamano

@cw67irl I have couple of questions. Advace apologies if they are stupid ones but wanted absolute clarity. Was going through the booklet again and came across this...

A new entrant administrative Clerical Officer would have 22 days annual leave. An Immigration Control Officer will work fewer days (although with a longer working day) than an administrative Clerical Officer. Therefore, to maintain the equivalent value of annual leave available to the two officers it is necessary to re-state the annual leave allowance of an Immigration Control Officer. 

The annual leave allowance of a Clerical Officer assigned as an Immigration Control Officer on the shift roster will be 15.49 shifts per leave year.

Question: Does the above passage mean that they get 15.49 days annual leave per year? if not then how would you read this in general.

PPC [Personal Pension Contribution] Scale: €26,599 (€509.76) – €28,272 (€541.82) – €28,697 (€549.96)– €29,527 (€565.86)– €30,750 (€589.30) – €31,972 (€612.72) – €33,193 (€636.12)– €34,082 (€653.16) – €35,089 (€672.46) – €36,259 (€694.89) –  €37,084 (€710.69) – €38,242 (€732.88) – €39,393 (€754.95) – €41,190 (€789.38) – LSI 1 €42,602 (€816.45) – LSI. 2 €43,249² (€828.85)

* The first Long Service Increment (LSI 1) is payable after 3 years, satisfactory service on the “Max”. LSI 2 is payable after 3 years, satisfactory service on LSI 1.  

Question: Does LS1 applies after 3 years of service or does it apply after 14 years of service?

Currently it's 15.49 shifts for someone in their first 5 years as a clerical officer. It does increase slightly with service and on promotion.

LS1 is reached after all the other points bey fore it. You stay on it for 3 years then go to LS2.

Hopefully that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 KarenCarberry

My extra clearance just came in there, so on to reference check. Just for those who are waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 24 emcfarl

Where did you come in interview

best of luck

Well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 katiexo

Does anyone have an example of the roster

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jjdd88

Hey Karen,

May I ask when you sent your clearance docs back? I sent mine on the 1st Nov and was advised 16 weeks but nothing since then.

Thanks

My clearance came back on the first.All my documentation was sent on the 14th of October so your just a little after me so hopefully shouldn’t be too much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jjdd88

@KarenCarberry many thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭wangchung

The clerical officer working out at the airport only get 15 days annual holidays starting off whilst the rest of the civil service gets 22 days ??

• Registered Users Posts: 43 dat6

read the thread.

ICOs annual leave is calculated on an hourly/shift basis because they work less days per month than a CO.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭wangchung

They dont actually as the Haddington Road hours still currently apply out there

Has anyone been called off the panel recently

@emcfarl I was contacted a few weeks ago

• Advertisement

Do you mind me asking what number you were on panel I am 96

Advertisement