Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Officer - Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 leotaku

Hooray! Just got the message: passed as 169th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 sumpector

Be careful putting your exact position down, PAS probably check these threads often enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

sumpector wrote: »
    Be careful putting your exact position down, PAS probably check these threads often enough.

True but anyone could put down any number and it could be a lie !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 sumpector

So I wonder when the interviews will be? Great that that the competition is flying by.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 farlo365

I applied for paso3 too. Wonder what the story is for that now with these results out considerin test was for both?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Seamus O Leprosy

Eugene Mc wrote: »
    Got mine also. I finished 246. I remember from the original information that meeting the qualifying criteria was no guarantee of progression. Obviously I hope this is not going to be the case.

248 :mad: :mad:.... :)well done

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Bitterly dissapointed.

I know if they don't get the 70 out of the first 199 they will look to the next perhaps 199.

But still don't hold out much hope! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

farlo365 wrote: »
    I applied for paso3 too. Wonder what the story is for that now with these results out considerin test was for both?

PASO results just out now

• Registered Users Posts: 10 farlo365

Shane Fitz wrote: »
    PASO rules just out now

In by skin of my teeth...180

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Golf mad 6178

I currently work as a PASO, The job ain't to bad but that will all depend on where you get placed, Make sure to try and get at least 1 visit to a prison before your interview and have a good idea off where you want to be placed,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

farlo365 wrote: »
    In by skin of my teeth...180

Do us a favour and tell us when your called for interview, in fact anyone who placed under 199. Gives the rest of us a rough idea if another grouping will be called. Was genuinely interested in the role

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkonian41

Late 400s😣

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭applejunkie

Early 500s so no hope 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Got 20 on the list. :eek:

Wonder when interviews will be, am away for most of September :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Valentina wrote: »
    Got 20 on the list. :eek:

Wonder when interviews will be, am away for most of September :(

Ohhh, I'd get onto them now and let them know the story see if they can help you out. I'd imagine they are gonna move quick on this one.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Ohhh, I'd get onto them now and let them know the story see if they can help you out. I'd imagine they are gonna move quick on this one.

Good thinking!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭kazmcdonald

Am in the 199! Pretty stoked as I was thinking if they were anything like the clerical officer ones I hadn't a hope. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

199 for interview, Civil Servicary at it's finest. :D

I emailed about interview dates - they will take place the week of 22 August.

Valentina wrote: »
    I emailed about interview dates - they will take place the week of 22 August.

Are they in PAS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Chopper12

Placed in early 400s so not sure what is going to happen now. Well done to those who passed.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Are they in PAS?

Didn't say but I would presume so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Oh man I'm so disappointed.
    Got an email for paso3 to say I passed, then I read it again and it says that I placed 216..

And they will call the first 198 for Interviews soon.

I'm absolutely gutted.

Is there Any hope at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Seamus O Leprosy

italodisco wrote: »
    Got an email for paso3 to say I passed, then I read it again and it says that I placed 216..

I'm absolutely gutted.

No idea really but if 140 dont pass the interview or get Garda clearance you're in with a chance I'm 30 or so behind you so my chances are slimmer.

I'm just wondering if they will keep the panel open for dropouts over the next year or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

I really hope so, fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

cw67irl wrote: »
    So 270 odd interviews for 70 odd positions?

Where is this 70 figure coming from?

Someone earlier in the thread had a 'source' but the interview numbers were off so I would assume it's the same with the number of positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Mazuma

italodisco wrote: »

I'm absolutely gutted.

Id say there's a good chance you could be called at a later stage for interview if it's anything like other clerical officer competitions.

There will be people in top 200 who won't attend for interview, or will be offered a position and decline or even start the job for a couple of months and then leave,

The place I'm in at the moment took on two permanent clerical officers off the 2014 panel recently and both have left within two months - mainly due to the fact starting salary is dreadful compared to private sector

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭kazmcdonald

Wondering of someone could pm me the job description as my laptop has packed up. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 simpletruth

I'm in the early 600s so yeah disappointed. I got to the late stages of the driver tester recruitment before this so bit of a double whammy.

Fair play to all those who scored highly though. Good luck with the next stage :-)

Advertisement