Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Officer - Dublin Airport

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bros81

I've applied for both and heard on Friday I've gotten through to next stage for both early 100's for PASO and mid 100's for immigration. Obviously more have applied for immigration control. Wondering will they combine the interviews like they did the tests? Fingers crossed they don't as I'd have more chance getting a job if two separate interviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

I'm told by numerous people that the first batch of Interviews is like a first panel and that it is common for them to call in the next 50 to 100.

I've spoken to two people that got through for immigration, both placed under 50 and both have said that they don't want it as they had a think about it and shift work is not for them.

I'm hoping myself that alot of the paso3 crowd in the first 1-198 decide they can't hack the 5 weeks in portlaoise training and with luck I get called. Best of luck to everyone who placed over the first batch limit, you might get lucky yet.

Also well done to those who are through to Interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I reckon you will move up quicker in the PASO competition. If people are offered ICO places first they will just drop out of the PASO process. Bloke I know applied for both but has every intention of taking the ICO role, says it seems more interesting and shift pattern suits him so the PASO is more of a back up. Could be similar for a lot of others.

Will they be calling that many extra just to round out the panel for drop outs or due to people failing the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 farlo365

Any idea when paso interviews will be or any indication how many positions there is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'd imagine it is in the pipeline. I had a Garda interview this week, that in my option it went tits up for me and I am a Reserve. So banking on this now, would imagine interview date will go out next week, giving two weeks notice and a dates for start of September or end of August, as I was given two weeks between Garda interview date been sent and interview.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

Invitation to interview just came, Thurs 25th for me :)

Mudmask wrote: »
    Invitation to interview just came, Thurs 25th for me :)

26th here for myself. I wasn't far off with my prediction ! Best of luck to all.

Friend of mine got theirs for 23rd. Has to bring along a lot of different bits and pieces, makes it seem like the interview is pretty much a formality.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

Early on 23rd here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Friend of mine got theirs for 23rd. Has to bring along a lot of different bits and pieces, makes it seem like the interview is pretty much a formality.

It's not really a formality, 130ish people wont get jobs having interviewed

• Advertisement

Avada wrote: »
    It's not really a formality, 130ish people wont get jobs having interviewed

True, and if it was me I wouldn't be taking any chances. But I reckon those who scored higher in the tests will get the majority of the positions unless they really mess up the interview, and the rest called for interview will make up the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 benny2008

Guys are these interviews just for the Immigration Officer or are some of you PASO applicants?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 farlo365

Turtyturd wrote: »
    True, and if it was me I wouldn't be taking any chances. But I reckon those who scored higher in the tests will get the majority of the positions unless they really mess up the interview, and the rest called for interview will make up the panel.

Just wondering is this actually a fact or just an opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 leotaku

I'm in the 23rd AM myself!

farlo365 wrote: »
    Just wondering is this actually a fact or just an opinion?

Not fact, more educated guess. Haven't seen the familiarisation material for the role but at CO level the interviews are normally pass/fail to maintain your position. You are also given a good idea of what they will ask you so very few fail at that stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

Does anyone know the basis on which they call people for interview? Could it be based on the initial application form? Just curious as I placed quite highly and am on the second or third day of interviews.

Does anyone know the basis on which they call people for interview? Could it be based on the initial application form? Just curious as I placed quite highly and am on the second or third day of interviews.

I'd say they have a few boards going at once, maybe 30/40 people between 3/4 boards gives around 10/12 a day so 30/40 x 5/6 days you'd have near the 199. Maths is a bit off but that's the usual. Surprised only two on the board, FF role had 3, Garda role had 3 and some women taking notes so 4 people listening to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

TallGlass wrote: »

I'd say they have a few boards going at once, maybe 30/40 people between 3/4 boards gives around 10/12 a day so 30/40 x 5/6 days you'd have near the 199. Maths is a bit off but that's the usual. Surprised only two on the board, FF role had 3, Garda role had 3 and some women taking notes so 4 people listening to you.

How'd you know it's only 2 on the board??

Shane Fitz wrote: »

Says in the documents that where sent!

TallGlass wrote: »
    Shane Fitz wrote: »

Says in the documents that where sent!
    Lol... sorry... Haven't downloaded them yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 RozDoyle

Does anyone have any idea how to handle the reference situation if you've been working for the same employer for the last three years or more? It says not to use current employer so do we just go back to the most recent previous employer or what? I suppose I'll have to email PAS tomorrow but just checking here in case it's arisen for someone before and I can get a quicker response. Thanks

RozDoyle wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea how to handle the reference situation if you've been working for the same employer for the last three years or more? It says not to use current employer so do we just go back to the most recent previous employer or what? I suppose I'll have to email PAS tomorrow but just checking here in case it's arisen for someone before and I can get a quicker response. Thanks

I've the same problem. Working inthe public service , same employer, for 20 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Im just outside the 199. Less than 20 places, Anyone gave any idea if iv any hope of an interview?

cw67irl wrote: »
    Im just outside the 199. Less than 20 places, Anyone gave any idea if iv any hope of an interview?

20 places outside is painfully close cw67irl, don't give up hope yet. It's only my opinion and part of it is probably wishful thinking but I reckon a good few people from the original 199 may opt out once they really consider the role, 24/7 shift work etc.
    I think even the fact that PAS are asking people to email to confirm that they will be attending the interviews suggests that they are expecting "no shows".

Guys stupid question. But reading over the salary, is it 23k starting with 25% extra ? So around 25/26k starting.

It mentions breaks, anyone know what way they work them for a 12 hour shift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

RozDoyle wrote: »
    20 places outside is painfully close cw67irl, don't give up hope yet. It's only my opinion and part of it is probably wishful thinking but I reckon a good few people from the original 199 may opt out once they really consider the role, 24/7 shift work etc.
    I think even the fact that PAS are asking people to email to confirm that they will be attending the interviews suggests that they are expecting "no shows".

I was pretty happy how i scored but to be so close yet so far is torturing me :(

Out of interest, if they interview the 199 are they guaranteed to hire all from there? Or if they assess some candidates to have scored highly but are deemed unsuitable upon interview do they take more from the panel? Or is it a case they will give out all positions from within the 199

cw67irl wrote: »
    I was pretty happy how i scored but to be so close yet so far is torturing me :(

Out of interest, if they interview the 199 are they guaranteed to hire all from there? Or if they assess some candidates to have scored highly but are deemed unsuitable upon interview do they take more from the panel? Or is it a case they will give out all positions from within the 199

It depends on lots of things cw67irl. Some may not turn up for interview, some may not achieve the required pass rate on some of the competencies and essentially fail stage 2, some may not pass garda vetting/security checks. Some may even start the job and realise it's not for them, or may get another better job offer, and leave. These panels usually last for around 2 years so while you may not be called in the very near future, I think it's possible that you may get a shot at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

hi does anyone know what they mean for the references do they just want reference details or do they actually need a written reference from all your previous employers from the last 3 years? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

I don't have the notice with me, but I took it to be the references, as they also ask for a copy of each one.

• Advertisement

I queried this this morning via email and was told I don't need references at this stage. But should I be successful they will be in touch regarding references.

That totally contradicts the message recieved yesterday, so I've forwarded they message in full for further clarification

Advertisement