Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Sabbath - Dublin -2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

furiousox wrote: »
    I remember it well...my first gig I think.

dublin83.jpg

That lineup though. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭furiousox

Mamas Boys were good, got the crowd going.
    Anvil were very good, raised things up a notch.
    Diamond Head didn't show up but no-one cared because Lemmy introduced Twisted Sister who ripped the place apart and were the best band of the day.
    Motorhead were LOUD, unbelievably so but it wasn't a classic Motorhead performance.
    They didn't play their best known songs and the tensions with Brian Robertson were beginning to show.
    Sabbath were....ok.
    They were under-rehearsed, Gillan had song lyrics taped to the stage and couldn't see or sing them any time there was dry ice.
    They also encored with 'Smoke On The Water' which was just wrong.
    Still, I have good memories of the day as it my first gig.
    I think I was around 16 or 17 then and I'm still rockin' today (as long as there is comfortable seating, ample parking and adjacent bar & toilet facilities:pac:)
    Last 2 gigs were Rainbow in Birmingham and Bad Company in Dublin \m/

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Yeah Twisted F'n Sister what an absolute belter of a live act pity I only twigged this when I caught them in the summer so my first time seeing them was also my last :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

PTH2009 wrote: »
    and to make up for it we got the Amazing Sweet Savage. remember they were not particually good and the crowd were not the loudest for them

Nothing could be done about why Heaven & Hell cancelled but MCD should of brought over a big name band with the 2010 UK Sonisphere festival (Maiden headlined the final night the sunday after Dublin). A lot of bands on the below poster could of served as a better support band than Sweet Savage

Of course they should have given us a decent support band but that was never gonna happen, if ticket sales were slow then yes but it sold out, why should they bother, just ring sweet savage, offer them the gig in return for 500quid and a few packets of tayto and they've saved themselves thousands.

Sweet Savage were shite first time around, they were never gonna be any better second time around 25+yrs later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Myself and the young lad are heading along, he's 13 going on 23 and just about mastered the Paranoid intro on his guitar. It's probably the only chance he is going to have to see these guys in the flesh so it's tee-shirts at the ready, looking forward to the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Hand of Doom has not appeared back in the set however ye'll be pleased to know they did play one more song than the U.S. dates which was...
    Under the Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Just got a standing ticket on TM. Must have released more.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Has the set list been changing much on the tour? Just checking out last night's set list

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Vudgie wrote: »
    Has the set list been changing much on the tour? Just checking out last night's set list

it probably won't change at all, last thing they wanna do is a song change mid tour, Ozzy doesn't even know what day of the week it is or what country he's in half the time, swapping the set list around would fcuk him up good :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

scudzilla wrote: »
    it probably won't change at all, last thing they wanna do is a song change mid tour, Ozzy doesn't even know what day of the week it is or what country he's in half the time, swapping the set list around would fcuk him up good :pac::pac:

The fact that's he's alive and in good health is a miracle

BTW he is going back solo in the summer and will headline the Chicago Open Air Festival on Sunday 16 July. So he might visit our shores in 2018 or beyond. In fairness to him some of his solo stuff rocks and his bands have had some top quality musicians down though the years like Randy Rhodes, Zach Wylde, Robert Trullio, Tommy Aldrige, Jason Newstead to name a few

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Think it's pretty much the same set list as the last two downloads I saw them at. Couldn't not hear Tony iommi play that into the void riff one last time

http://www.black-sabbath.com/2016/02/the-end-merchandise/

i wonder will we have similar merch here on friday ???

Id rather buy an overpriced t shirt than pay E6.50 a pop for a can of orchard thieves lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thesaurus2

Looking forward to this. Have a Dio-era shirt at the ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

Anybody have any idea of show times?

I wouldn't mind seeing Rival Sons out of curiousity but it wouldn't bother me too much if I missed the start of their set

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Show times:

Doors - 6.30pm
    Rival Sons - 7.20pm
    Black Sabbath - 8.40pm
    Finished - 10..20pm

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

blastman wrote: »
    Show times:

Doors - 6.30pm
    Rival Sons - 7.20pm
    Black Sabbath - 8.40pm
    Finished - 10..20pm

Cheers Blastman

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Ozzy and Tony are both 68 and Geezer is 67, the current touring drummer Tommy Clufetos is the youngman of the group at 37

cant wait for this, made up a playlist of the Cologne setlist and didnt realize how good the songs are, its going to be a loud night in the 3arena 2morrow :D:D:D:D

few upgrades if you want to threat yourself. All these packages dont include Ticket price (you must have a ticket before you upgrade)

VIP Upgrade for E1224.00. Includes Photo with band, Drinks Reception and soundcheck access ??
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/black-sabbath-meet-greet-dublin-01-20-2017/event/180052338F481D65?artistid=734569&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

Early Entry Upgrade for E136 includes Entry to the venue before regular ticket holders, Tour Laminate and VIP Gift
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/black-sabbath-early-entry-upgrade-dublin-01-20-2017/event/180052338F471D61?artistid=734569&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

Soundcheck Upgrade E249 includes Soundcheck access, Early Entry, drinks reception, Tour Laminate and VIP Gift
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/black-sabbath-vip-soundcheck-upgrade-dublin-01-20-2017/event/180052338F4B1D77?artistid=734569&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

or the daddy of them all
    The Ultimate Experience upgrade for E2110.00
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/black-sabbath-the-ultimate-experience-dublin-01-20-2017/event/180052338F491D71?artistid=734569&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

Personal photo opportunity with Ozzy, Tony & Geezer
    Go behind the scenes and ASK ANYTHING at the very intimate VIP Q&A session with Ozzy Osbourne... in his dressing room! (small cameras allowed)
    Access to the Black Sabbath Soundcheck experience!
    Drinks reception upon arrival
    Collectible official tour VIP gift item (exclusive to VIPs)
    Commemorative VIP laminate
    Commemorative concert ticket
    On-site VIP host

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭thesaurus2

Wish I had the cash for this, the modern way of hanging around a stage door!
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    few upgrades if you want to threat yourself. All these packages dont include Ticket price (you must have a ticket before you upgrade)

VIP Upgrade for E1224.00. Includes Photo with band, Drinks Reception and soundcheck access ??
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/black-sabbath-meet-greet-dublin-01-20-2017/event/180052338F481D65?artistid=734569&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

Early Entry Upgrade for E136 includes Entry to the venue before regular ticket holders, Tour Laminate and VIP Gift
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/black-sabbath-early-entry-upgrade-dublin-01-20-2017/event/180052338F471D61?artistid=734569&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

Soundcheck Upgrade E249 includes Soundcheck access, Early Entry, drinks reception, Tour Laminate and VIP Gift
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/black-sabbath-vip-soundcheck-upgrade-dublin-01-20-2017/event/180052338F4B1D77?artistid=734569&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

or the daddy of them all
    The Ultimate Experience upgrade for E2110.00
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/black-sabbath-the-ultimate-experience-dublin-01-20-2017/event/180052338F491D71?artistid=734569&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200

Personal photo opportunity with Ozzy, Tony & Geezer
    Go behind the scenes and ASK ANYTHING at the very intimate VIP Q&A session with Ozzy Osbourne... in his dressing room! (small cameras allowed)
    Access to the Black Sabbath Soundcheck experience!
    Drinks reception upon arrival
    Collectible official tour VIP gift item (exclusive to VIPs)
    Commemorative VIP laminate
    Commemorative concert ticket
    On-site VIP host

• Advertisement

thesaurus2 wrote: »
    Wish I had the cash for this, the modern way of hanging around a stage door!

it would be cool to meet the band but its way too much money to pay

The price for the soundcheck upgrade is ok but prob still worth it unless drink the place dry at the drinks reception and the band acknowledge you at the soundcheck lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Anyone who pays for that is a cúnt

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

2 DJs on nova were taking the piss out of the price last night. Forget what he said in the end "for 2 grand I'd expect.._____.."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

it's not sold out, no surprise with the ticket prices over the gouging line...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Are there standing tickets anywhere?

Entrance 3 seemed quite enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭dasdog

Hand of Doom and Fairies (Skinheads) wear boots made that worth going to. Legged it when the rock drum solo went on a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

While Ozzy was out of tune for a couple of tracks (given his vocal style, his age and the miles on the clock that's more than understandable) that was one of the most thoroughly enjoyable gig experiences I've ever had.

It exceeded all of my expectations and I am giving serious consideration to trying to get a ticket for one of their UK shows.

Just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

dasdog wrote: »
    Hand of Doom and Fairies (Skinheads) wear boots made that worth going to. Legged it when the rock drum solo went on a bit.

I'd agree on the solo, but I reckon the lads were taking a break.

Sabbath were outrageous tonight. Children of the grave was the highlight of the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Incredible night and great crowd. Was sitting beside a 5 year old with her very wily mom.

Ozzy may not be able to speak but he sure can f**king sing.

Advertisement