Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You all might want to read this.

Options
  • 10-06-2016 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭

https://ukshootingnews.wordpress.com/2016/06/10/action-this-day-eu-bureaucrats-try-to-sneak-in-semi-auto-gun-and-magazine-bans

This will hit us in the possible next 21days as the anti gun Dutch predensicy and EU are trying to ram rod this into law within the next 3weeks.

If this becomes an EU directive this WILL become LAW here in Ireland.
    Even FACE has been caught out on this and are flat footed.

Here are the points of this diktat.

A ban on all those semi-automatic handguns capable of accepting detachable or fixed magazines holding more than 21 rounds, as well as said detachable or fixed magazines.
    We have been here before in the last years in the courts in Ireland.Look at how long that took to sort out,any firearm is capable of having a mag capacity higher than what is issued.I can get a ten round or a 100 round drum for my Glock.Its the INTENT of what I propose to do with it

Abolition of EU firearm category D, meaning that firearms such as break-barrel single-shot shotguns and muzzle-loading replicas of antique firearms would be heavily regulated.

Only got a single shot 12 GA???You are now not exempt anymore.

Mandatory registration of alarm guns and deactivated firearms.
    Not so much a problem here until you want to sell grandpa old civil war Webly.Get it welded up as a hunk of metal to EU standards and proof house it before it can be sold.

Mandatory three year or five year expiry of all gun licenses and “constant medical supervision” of gun owners.
    "Constant medical supervision".Sorry folks just letting the AGS look at your medical records will not cut it under EU law anymore.They will no doubt want you being checked out by a shrink ala Germany or Sweden.

Mandatory “safe storage” of firearms along the UK model, which would have severe consequences in Eastern Europe where firearms may be lawfully owned for self-defence.

Hello IFA and farmers..You will be getting that gunsafe after all.

While an exemption from the above-mentioned bans would be granted to “sport shooters”, they would have to become members of an authorized shooting federation
    “Sporting guns” exempt from the ban should be identified as such by an authorized shooting federation that is recognized by the ISSF, meaning that potentially no firearm other than Olympic shooting guns would be “sporting guns” anymore.

Which means kiss bullseye,IPSC,and WA1500 adios as far as I understand??Maybe those in the know here could clarify??

EDIT 1250 BST: The last point is wrong. Firearms United has misread the original EU document; it says sporting firearms may be possessed if the owner demonstrates a “need” to have them for competitions organised either by an internationally recognised shooting sport federation or an “official national shooting sport federation.”

Could be VERY intresting considering the chaotic state of our shooting groups and them deciding whats appropriate to shoot with or not. Think semi autos and pumps on clay ranges ,and I hate to hark back to the "olympic style pistol list" debacle.

However, it also seeks to impose mandatory mental health tests to establish the shooter’s “reliability”. This breaches the normal presumption that people are healthy, physically and mentally, unless proven otherwise.

As to my point above.

Update: The EU also wants to impose a UK-style ban on short semi-automatic rifles by defining a minimum length for them.

i) In Category A, the following points are added:

6. Automatic firearms which have been converted into semi-automatic firearms.
    7. Any of the following centre fire semi-automatic firearms:
    a) short firearms which allow the firing of more than 21 rounds without reloading, if a loading device with a capacity exceeding 20 rounds is part of the firearm or is inserted into it; and
    b) long firearms which allow the firing of more than 11 rounds without reloading, if a loading device with a capacity exceeding 10 rounds is part of the firearm or is inserted into it.

8. Semi-automatic long firearms (i.e. firearms that are originally intended to be fired from the shoulder) that can be reduced to a length of less than 60cm without losing functionality by means of a folding or telescoping stock or by a stock that can be removed without using tools.

ATTN Ruger 10/22 owners on this one,or any SA owners NOTE it does NOT exempt .22 rimfire here

9. Loading devices, apt to be fitted to centre fire semi-automatic or to repeating firearms, with the following characteristics:

ATTN bolt action,pump,lever action ,MARS owners RIFLE& SHOTGUN owners, got a drop box mag Remington or Parker Hale or whatever?? Welcome to the club.

a) loading devices which can hold more than 20 rounds;
    b) loading devices for long firearms which can hold more than 10 rounds.

Stupidly, the EU diktat’s proposed wording also reads: “Such loading devices, such as fixed or detachable magazines, as well as feeding belts, should also be prohibited. When individuals are found to be in the possession of such loading devices these should be seized…”

UKSN looks forward to EU bureaucrats raiding Camden Market and alt-music festivals to seize bullet belts made from spent cases and machine gun belt links.

So there you have it people.This is on the radar,a clear and imminent threat within the next 21 days.We still have a chance,albeit a slim one of pushing this back into eirhe being re proposed or dismissed by the EU parliment,but you DO all have to get moving on this and contact your TDs and MEPS.I know we have all got fatigue from dealing with our own internal problems here in Ireland,[Im wrecked mailing and ringing and trying to meet]but it will be for nothing if this is not stopped with pressure in Brussells. So I'm appealing PLEASE make one effort to mail your MEPS and TDs today after reading this message and pass it onto everyone over the weekend.
    I'm tired of doing my Cassandra impersation on this. The wooden horse is now inside the gate.Lets please burn it before we loose the entire city.
    Grizzly 45

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭dead shot

This is why we need Brexit and out of this dictatorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

...not quite sure why you think we're involved in brexit...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

When was this agend mooted?

Is this a new attack on shooting sports or is this same thing that was previously announced months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Been ongoing since Nov2015. This is just another stage of the war and one battle we lost in many more battles.This still has to go to the EU parliment next month and this could drag out until November of this year. We have a months breathing space at the moment and with all eyes now fixed on Brexit this is abit of a backround noise.But lets not waste it on not lobbying.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement