Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway

Options
  • 10-06-2016 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

Parcels supposed to be delivered Tues. Put on hold as they disn't have my number. Cont acted them weds with number. Supposed to get yesterday, rang again they said depo got it. The delivery drivery marked them as delivered thus morning. After 6 hours of trying to contact fastway midlands and then 15 phone calls and a text msg to the driver they have been deliverse to some random neighbour. I have no idea who she is. I got no phone call.

How inept and irresponsible is this company?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

lollsangel wrote: »
    Parcels supposed to be delivered Tues. Put on hold as they disn't have my number. Cont acted them weds with number. Supposed to get yesterday, rang again they said depo got it. The delivery drivery marked them as delivered thus morning. After 6 hours of trying to contact fastway midlands and then 15 phone calls and a text msg to the driver they have been deliverse to some random neighbour. I have no idea who she is. I got no phone call.

How inept and irresponsible is this company?

Did they tell you who the neighbour was?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Did they tell you who the neighbour was?

He did. However the name he gave me doesn't live in my area. In fact nobody I had spoken to knew this person or were familiar with the name. Finally got through to him and he gave 2 hours telling me he'd puck it up and deliver it to me in a few minutes. I finally told him to text me directions (never actually answered his fone at all I had to text him to ask) turns out it waseems left to a neighbour about a mile away whose name inot no way resembles the name or the gender of this neighbour he apparently left it at. He literally just dumped them in their front porch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Fastway, the worst couriers EVER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Fastway is the biggest con going from a customer perspective and a franchise perspective. Cowboys.

I don't understand when they're this bad how they get custom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

We use them to collect from us in Rathcoole and deliver around the country, if we do have problems and they aren't getting addressed by the local head office, we contact the local franchisee who sorts it out rapid. Our guy has been collecting from us for about 10 years, no complaints.

I don't understand when they're this bad how they get custom

It's more so the people supplying your products that are using them, because for what ever reason, I do think they are cheap to use (or not depending on what labels your sold!).

To be honest, you would get much further with your complaint directing it to the company who you bought the product from.

I know a few people who worked for Fastway, two sold there businesses, they get paid per drop, if they have to go back to your house 2/3 times it's bad for them as they are falling behind.

Company, wise they are useless, they apparently are heavy handed with there franchisees and seem to have a serious amount of say in there so called 'business', steer well clear. It just about functions in Dublin, I can't imagine what it's like outside of Dublin.

TallGlass wrote: »
    It's more so the people supplying your products that are using them, because for what ever reason, I do think they are cheap to use (or not depending on what labels your sold!).

To be honest, you would get much further with your complaint directing it to the company who you bought the product from.

I know a few people who worked for Fastway, two sold there businesses, they get paid per drop, if they have to go back to your house 2/3 times it's bad for them as they are falling behind.

Company, wise they are useless, they apparently are heavy handed with there franchisees and seem to have a serious amount of say in there so called 'business', steer well clear. It just about functions in Dublin, I can't imagine what it's like outside of Dublin.

The thung is they never rang, talking to the neighbour this was dropped after 3. I was home.Thete is actually a shop near us that is used as a drop off point. The shop was saying they were having issues with this particular man delivering this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wadpie

Started my online business in March. Being totally new to using couriers, and in the rush to get the business up and running. I didn't shop around, and went to the first courier service I found, which was fastway. Total nightmare to deal with. Parcels forgotten about, late deliveries, late collections, drivers not answering their phone (for a full day) and drivers giving you hassle about picking up your package.

They use a pre pay system. Their money is made before you even send anything. I have about €300 worth left and I cannot wait to see the back of them. I don't know how they are in business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

If you live in a rural area then always ensure your phone number is on the parcel and your eircode.

Eircode in particular has ensured i get delivery from every courier.

• Advertisement

VincePP wrote: »
    If you live in a rural area then always ensure your phone number is on the parcel and your eircode.

Eircode in particular has ensured i get delivery from every courier.

Due to an error with littlwoods the number wasn't put on it. I contacted fastway with my number on weds when I found out. Still doesn't excuse just randomly dumping it in someone's porch bcos they had another package for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Due to an error with littlwoods the number wasn't put on it. I contacted fastway with my number on weds when I found out. Still doesn't excuse just randomly dumping it in someone's porch bcos they had another package for them

So it was littlewoods fault.

You pay over the odds for the goods, you pay a "money lender" interest rate of 39.9% if you use their account system and they can't even put a contact number on your parcel.

My ire would be with littlewoods

VincePP wrote: »
    So it was littlewoods fault.

You pay over the odds for the goods, you pay a "money lender" interest rate of 39.9% if you use their account system and they can't even put a contact number on your parcel.

My ire would be with littlewoods

Why would I be mad with littlwoods. They may have forgotten to put a phone number on one package. That was sorted before it left the depo. However I didn't even receive a fone call and my package was literally dumped in someones porch. The delivery driver couldn't even tell me the correct name or address of where he dropped it. Littlewoodsireland.ie may have inconvienced me by not placing my number on one of the packages, they are not responsible for the ineptitude of this delivery drIver.

Btw 2 booster seats at 15 euros a piece and a dress for 16.50 isn't paying over the odds. There are deals to be gotten if you search on littlewoodsireland.ie. I actually clear my account fairly quickly so never pay the 40% on the account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Like all franchises your experience with Fastway will be based upon who the franchisee is employing. I use them for deliveries within Dublin and to the UK probably a few hundred times a year and I couldn't fault them whatsoever. They have been excellent. Any delivery issues have been looked after by the master franchisee for South Dublin.

The reason people use them is because they are far and away the cheapest. How anybody is making money from it I'll never know..

Why would I be mad with littlwoods. They may have forgotten to put a phone number on one package. That was sorted before it left the depo. However I didn't even receive a fone call and my package was literally dumped in someones porch. The delivery driver couldn't even tell me the correct name or address of where he dropped it. Littlewoodsireland.ie may have inconvienced me by not placing my number on one of the packages, they are not responsible for the ineptitude of this delivery drIver.

Btw 2 booster seats at 15 euros a piece and a dress for 16.50 isn't paying over the odds. There are deals to be gotten if you search on littlewoodsireland.ie. I actually clear my account fairly quickly so never pay the 40% on the account.

I'd be getting Littlewoods to sort it out next time.. They are the ones using a shoddy courier service, not you.

How anybody is making money from it I'll never know..

And there lies the problem sir, over worked and under paid. Speaking with some of these lads, they don't see the big picture. They think 1k a week is great money, but don't take into account tax, running costs, time for business promotion etc... I'd say after its all done must be left with 400€ a week. Sure I was told the owner of fastway get a fair wack of the parcel so he must be making a far wack.

I'd be getting Littlewoods to sort it out next time.. They are the ones using a shoddy courier service, not you.

Littlewoods were sortin it. However I had 2 very disappointed kids who were waiting on stuff plus I was seriously angry so I went lookin for my stuff.

TallGlass wrote: »
    And there lies the problem sir, over worked and under paid. Speaking with some of these lads, they don't see the big picture. They think 1k a week is great money, but don't take into account tax, running costs, time for business promotion etc... I'd say after its all done must be left with 400€ a week. Sure I was told the owner of fastway get a fair wack of the parcel so he must be making a far wack.

In rural areas I'd imagine you are often dealing the actual franchisee and that's where these problems arise. They are earning buttons per delivery and perhaps not even that with all the work in involved in actually delivering some items.

Whereas in Dublin you are probably dealing with an employee hired by the area franchisee so they're held to account a bit more.

There was a post on the business section of boards a while ago with the breakdown of who gets what with Fastway. Like most franchises it resembled a pyramid scheme where the guy in NZ who founded Fastway is earning the bulk and the rest is split between the saps out working..

What would you expect from a 15 grand business though.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Pa the Blah

I wish I saw this post before I booked a collection with Fastway, they were meant to collect a package from me yesterday, they were a no show! I checked their website and it showed my package had been collected!!! I phone and mailed them but it was after office hours, phoned them a few times this morning, they could not give a reason why the website shows my parcel has been collected, they told me I had to contact the driver? to find out why! also they could not tell me when my package will be collected, I've been waiting nearly two hours now for them to call me back with info on collection… waste of time waste of money. last time I'll be using them.

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I wish I saw this post before I booked a collection with Fastway, they were meant to collect a package from me yesterday, they were a no show! I checked their website and it showed my package had been collected!!! I phone and mailed them but it was after office hours, phoned them a few times this morning, they could not give a reason why the website shows my parcel has been collected, they told me I had to contact the driver? to find out why! also they could not tell me when my package will be collected, I've been waiting nearly two hours now for them to call me back with info on collection… waste of time waste of money. last time I'll be using them.

:/

The driver runs the "business" of his van, it just carries a Fastway logo. Fastway have the lowest standards going for these owner operated franchises.

He has a quota so he hit collected on his scanner from his bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I don't think there's such a thing as an overall great courier service any more. I'm currently delighted with Fastway, as another company had f***ed things up so severely for a week, I told the seller to give me a refund or send it with anyone else other than the original. Fastway turned up with the package bright and early this morning with no messing around.

It really comes down to individual drivers. I'd hate to be running a courier company, as one driver having a bad day, or even making a simple mistake, can ruin your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thoie wrote: »
    I don't think there's such a thing as an overall great courier service any more. I'm currently delighted with Fastway, as another company had f***ed things up so severely for a week, I told the seller to give me a refund or send it with anyone else other than the original. Fastway turned up with the package bright and early this morning with no messing around.

It really comes down to individual drivers. I'd hate to be running a courier company, as one driver having a bad day, or even making a simple mistake, can ruin your business.

Disagree.

If you call DHL about a driver they'll do something. Fastway will just throw their hands in the air. They all have w@nkers, some deal with them, the rest accept said rejects with open arms.

DHL/TNT/UPS A+
    DPD/Nightline/AP Courier Bish
    Fastway D-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

In fairness to Fastway the drivers are basically self employed. So you'll get good ones and bad ones.

No wait that's all courier drivers.

A bad driver or that doesn't make a bad company.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Edups wrote: »
    In fairness to Fastway the drivers are basically self employed. So you'll get good ones and bad ones.

No wait that's all courier drivers.

A bad driver or that doesn't make a bad company.

Not sure if you're saying all courier drivers are self-employed. Some employ the drivers directly.

whiterebel wrote: »
    No, its not. Some employ the drivers directly.

I was making a point that all companies have good drivers and bad ones.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Edups wrote: »
    I was making a point that all companies have good drivers and bad ones.

Yes, I wondered that after posting. Bad drivers won't be long getting companies a bad reputation. Its very, very difficult to get a good reputation back, too.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Yes, I wondered that after posting. Bad drivers won't be long getting companies a bad reputation. Its very, very difficult to get a good reputation back, too.

Which in turn is unfair. Personally I've observed my local driver for DPD is rubbish but Night Nightline are A+

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

ED E wrote: »
    Disagree.

If you call DHL about a driver they'll do something. Fastway will just throw their hands in the air. They all have w@nkers, some deal with them, the rest accept said rejects with open arms.

DHL/TNT/UPS A+
    DPD/Nightline/AP Courier Bish
    Fastway D-

Yet I have had horrendous experiences with UPS, leaving goods outside in my front garden when I was away for two weeks, only half of the ordered goods were left, they had no idea where the rest of the order was, and what they did leave had to be thrown away as they had been destroyed in the rain. Left out in full view of anyone walking or driving past, they may as well have put a big sign up that the house was empty. I complained and then they did the same thing a few months later.

Advertisement