Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

goalkeepers gloves

Options
  • 10-06-2016 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭

hi,wondering if anyone here knows where I can get a good pair of keeper gloves for a 13 yr old,googled a lot of places,some are crap,mostly too dear,any advice,help would be apprerciated,thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

May not be strictly goal keepers gloves, but I bought a pair of GAA gloves in Aldi for our weekly 5 a side Astro and they went down a treat. I bought 2 pairs so both teams had gloves. Find them grand for the job.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=aldi+gaa+gloves&client=safari&hl=en-ie&prmd=imnv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjQ-s7CuKPNAhXKLcAKHc1cDjsQ_AUIBygB&biw=1024&bih=649&dpr=2#imgrc=wiNC0zEH19ZnIM%3A

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭nmacu

My son has been a keeper since he started playing soccer and he started with basic gloves from the local sports shop. Since he got serious about it, the only place he buys from is prodirect - they tend to have really good deals on last years' gloves. I was shocked initially at how much the original RRP is for some of these gloves, but he assures me that they are streets ahead of what you can get locally. Expect to be thrown by the jargon and different types of glove that are available. He first serious gloves were 'fingersave' ones which have hard pieces plastic behind each finger. He hated them and now goes for more conventional ones. The last ones he got had some sort of insulation in them to keep your hands a bit drier - especially useful for playing on wet winter days. The most we've paid for a pair was around STG50 but I'd say the average has been around STG30 ... all the ones we've bought have been in their Clearance section and have been reduced by at least 50%.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

KA goalkeeping

Advertisement