Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdrawn account without my consent

Options
  • 10-06-2016 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, 
    Last week I booked a flight with SAS airlines which cost me 209€. This money was taken out of my account almost straight away which is fine.
    However, today I just happened to check my bank account and noticed that SAS airlines have charged the same amount again. This means that I am overdrawn by 49€. I obviously was not expecting this as I had paid for my flight already. I rang SAS who told me that I should have my money back by Monday - will there still be a over limit fee on my account, and if yes, how much? 

This was a single transaction, haven't used my account since and there is no pending transactions. 

Thanks very much
    Rosie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Rosie.H,

Thanks for your post.

When a transaction comes out of an account and brings it into an unauthorised overdraft there are overlimit charges applied, these are calculated within the fee quarter and are as follows:

First overlimit item per quarter - No Charge
    Second and third items per quarter - €3.50 each
    Fourth and fifth items per quarter - €5.00 each
    Sixth and subsequent items per quarter - €10.00 each

If this is the first time your account has gone overdrawn there would be no overlimit charge for this. We've more information on current account fees and charges here.

Thanks and have a lovely weekend,
    Tara

Advertisement