Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best XI - released players premier league...

• 10-06-2016 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭

Anyone fancy coming up with a XI and maybe even an 18 man squad that could give it a go in the premier league next season.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2016-17/jun/100616-premier-league-clubs-submit-retained-and-released-lists.html

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36503044
    Kolo Toure, Victor Valdes and Emmanuel Adebayor are among the high-profile names to have been released by their Premier League clubs.

Toure, 35, leaves Liverpool after three years, playing his final game in last month's Europa League final defeat.

Goalkeeper Valdes, 34, will be released by Manchester United having played twice in the past 18 months, along with 22-year-old midfielder Nick Powell.

Adebayor, 32, leaves Crystal Palace having signed for the club in January.

Manchester City will let 35-year-old defender Martin Demichelis go after three seasons at the Etihad Stadium, while midfielders Mikel Arteta, 34, Mathieu Flamini, 32, and Tomas Rosicky, 35, will not return to Arsenal next season.

Everton's released list includes two players who have spent more than 15 years at Goodison Park, 35-year-olds Tony Hibbert and Leon Osman, while Steven Pienaar, 34, brings to an end a second spell with the Toffees.

Goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer, 43, leaves Premier League champions Leicester City, and Stoke City have released 34-year-old striker Peter Odemwingie.

Elsewhere, strikers Steven Fletcher, 29, and Danny Graham, 30, leave Sunderland, along with 36-year-old former England defender Wes Brown.

Clubs have also informed the Premier League of those players who will remain, with Chelsea set to retain 82 players for next season.

I think my team may have pace issues :D

My XI would be :
    Victor Valdes
    Kolo Toure
    Demichelis
    Wes Brown
    Hangeland
    Arteta
    Flamini
    Rosicky
    Charles N'somnia
    Chamakh
    Steven Fletcher

Subs:
    Pienaar
    Leon Osman
    Sessegnon
    Odemwingie
    Adebayour

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bad year for free agents, I'd wager none of them will play in the Premier League next year!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Clubs have also informed the Premier League of those players who will remain, with Chelsea set to retain 82 players for next season.

:eek: and only 34 are on loan at Vitesse! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

CSF wrote: »
    Bad year for free agents, I'd wager none of them will play in the Premier League next year!!!

I'd say the team I picked above would have commanded a fairly high wage bill between then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

:eek: and only 34 are on loan at Vitesse! :D

And Zoumas middle name is happy. :pac:

Zouma, Kurt Happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Anyone fancy coming up with a XI and maybe even an 18 man squad that could give it a go in the premier league next season.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2016-17/jun/100616-premier-league-clubs-submit-retained-and-released-lists.html

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36503044

I think my team may have pace issues :D

My XI would be :
    Victor Valdes
    Kolo Toure
    Demichelis
    Wes Brown
    Hangeland
    Arteta
    Flamini
    Rosicky
    Charles N'somnia
    Chamakh
    Steven Fletcher

Subs:
    Pienaar
    Leon Osman
    Sessegnon
    Odemwingie
    Adebayour

Villa have also let the great Kieran Richardson go. Only his second time to be let go by a relegated team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

pienaar and sessegnon are both decent enough for low prem teams next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

CSF wrote: »

I could see Burnley picking up at least one or two of those players.

Maybe Pienaar or Osman to replace Barton.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Nzogbia does not deserve to be in any best 11 even if released players. The lad was a non entity (more of a drain on the club tbh) with the Worst Villa side ever.

Advertisement