Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Kindle to buy?

• 10-06-2016 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

My Kindle died. It was an early generation model, the one with the keyboard.

It served me well for the last 4 years.

I'm going to buy another, any advice on which one?

I'm drawn to the basic model to be honest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Picked up a Kindle voyage recently, adore it. But it's probably unnecesary overall, it was for my birthday. At very least, I would highly recommend the paperwhite, the screen is far nicer than the most basic model. You'll get years and years of use out of it. So worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Thanks B_Wayne,

I decided to get the PaperWhite. Very nice screen, lovely to read. Arrived Tuesday so just getting used to the touchscreen.

So far so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The only beef I have with the Paperwhite is that I much prefer the click buttons on the older models for turning pages. I think they might have brought tactile buttons back on some more recent version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

The voyage has a flush screen, has an adaptive light and "buttons on the side. Slightly different design although the exact same screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭pillphil

keane2097 wrote: »
    The only beef I have with the Paperwhite is that I much prefer the click buttons on the older models for turning pages. I think they might have brought tactile buttons back on some more recent version?

The Oasis has buttons, over €300 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Adamzapple777

Never really got on with my kindle, there's something about the feel of a book when your reading one. :)

Advertisement