Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI Male to VGA Male Cable

Options
  • 10-06-2016 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Is it possible to link a Dell Latitude D520 to the TV in order to watch a video file on the TV screen using a VGA Male to HDMI male cable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

It would be a converter rather than just a cable but they're not as expensive as they used to be. You might have under or over scanning issues and possibly problems with resolutions plus the audio will be a separate cable.

Search eBay or Adverts.

Here's an example from Adverts.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

In my innocence I thought I could get a cable for under €5 that would do the whole connection. But apart from the expense of the converter I'd also need an audio cable as well as the main cable. I visited Maplin earlier today and was aghast at the price of the converter. Thanks for your advice Ken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Was looking at something similar myself too. Something i can manage without when I came across the prices! $1200 no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

Problem solved, for the moment. An older Silvercrest TV I had as a spare is equipped with a VGA socket, so I was able to link up the laptop with the TV using a VGA cable which I also had in waiting. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

ttenneb wrote: »
    In my innocence I thought I could get a cable for under €5 that would do the whole connection. But apart from the expense of the converter I'd also need an audio cable as well as the main cable. I visited Maplin earlier today and was aghast at the price of the converter. Thanks for your advice Ken.

Maplin are very expensive with very few exceptions everything is marked up big there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Advertisement