Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peugeot 5008 rear camber 10 degrees out

• 10-06-2016 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was having my 2010 5008 tracked this evening and I noticed that the rear passenger wheel has a positive camber of about 10 degrees.

The camber is fixed on these cars.

The car has been wearing tyres on that side. I have put about 3000 miles on the car since I got it, but the wear wasn't really noticeably worse in those 3000 miles.

I did have to replace the tyre though, the outside was badly worn.

Is there anything I can do to fix the 10 degrees? I have heard of shims but i'm not sure how effective or safe they are.

I was half thinking of bolting on a bad wheel and hammering it with a sledge hammer and seeing if i can bend it back a little!

Ken

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭blackbox

I suggest that you get a mechanic to have a look at it before you start into it with the sledgehammer.

Do you watch Father Ted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Possibly the car has been in an accident? take a good look at the body, panel gaps, paintwork, boot floor and rear subframe around that wheel to see if anything looks like it has been repaired.
    Might be caused by something else but ten degrees off seems like a lot so id guess it has been hit on that side before
    edit: actually positive camber on the rear passenger wheel could be caused by someone hitting a curb too fast/hard with that wheel
    +1 for getting a mechanic to look at it before you assault it with a hammer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

Thanks for the replies!

The hammer action was a bit tongue in cheek, but I may resort to it yet!

There is no visible repair work. The paint has the same "orange peel" look as the rest of the car, and the under body all matches.

The car is in the doctors at the moment, new timing chain was needed. The mechanic was unlucky and had one of the injector bolts sheer right at the top of the cylinder head. I'm so glad I didn't attempt the job on the driveway!

If I had to guess I would say someone gave it a right whack on a tall kerb. I will ask the mechanic to have a proper look (If he ever forgives me for the timing chain job) and see what he thinks.

Ken

Advertisement