Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Living Room Dublin

Options
  • 10-06-2016 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Can anyone remember the previous name of this pub on cathal brugha street in and around the 2000-2005 era?

Trying to settle a n argument

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

The Back Gate I think, in reference to the Gate Hotel on Parnell St

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Was it Sidewalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Oh god both do sound familiar but I do think it was the back gate at the time..... good memories from there!

Thank you both!

I think the Back Gate was part of the Academy Hotel on the other side of Fibbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,612 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Was definitely The Sidewalk in 2000-2005.

I got the bus home a lot of Fridays from Cathal Brugha St when I was on college those years and that was it's name then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Oh maybe I'm confused then

So the back gate was part of the hotel and like a night club? Then the pub was sidewalk?

I think so. The Livingroom was Sidewalk. The Back Gate was beside it, under the Academy Plaza hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gomango

Defenitely was Sidewalk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Grayditch wrote: »
    Was it Sidewalk?

Yeah that's the one

Advertisement