Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apres Match Euro 2016

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

I was damning on an internet forum because in my opinion Apres Match is rubbish. I saw the headline in the soccer forum and clicked in to see what people thought, was surprised to see everyone singing its praises so commented with my opinion of the show.

Fwiw, I agree with you. Think its awful ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ha, it makes no sense if you havent seen Ireland AM in fairness!!

I can imagine. I have an idea of the presenters but wouldn't know them well.

I generally keep my TV3 viewing to a mimium.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

monkey9 wrote: »
    That one was a cracker!! Really enjoyed it. "We'll be back with the second half of the Angelus after this commercial break". :pac::pac:

That line had me in stitches.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

I can watch youtube/vimeo no problem but the RTE player is a complete piece of ****. The only things that don't buffer constantly are the f**king ads on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Quote:
    Originally Posted by monkey9 View Post
    That one was a cracker!! Really enjoyed it. "We'll be back with the second half of the Angelus after this commercial break".
    That line had me in stitches.

Thought it was a bit cheeky of RTE to be slagging off TV3's only revenue stream as I sat there with my TV Licence bill glowering at me.

Vinnie B at the Rose of Tralee was good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

check_six wrote: »
    Thought it was a bit cheeky of RTE to be slagging off TV3's only revenue stream as I sat there with my TV Licence bill glowering at me.

Vinnie B at the Rose of Tralee was good though.

All sketch comedy is cheeky and mocking it's intended target.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Anyone see last night's sketch. Sky Sports News p*ss take. Best so far. hilarious

Anyone see last night's sketch. Sky Sports News p*ss take. Best so far. hilarious

The concept was great but it really wasn't great in application! Love the show but I'm willing to say there has been a couple of one's that weren't great so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Their Sky ones are always my favorite cause that's what I watch the most so I understand the parody far better. Some of the tv3 ones go over my head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

The concept was great but it really wasn't great in application! Love the show but I'm willing to say there has been a couple of one's that weren't great so far!

Agreed. Some of them have been poor but I thought last nights was great. The English are always trying to play down the riots caused by their own supporters and blame everyone else. Every time they interview the England supporters caught up in the rioting you'd swear butter wouldn't melt.

Also the bit about interviewing 'Somebody who knows Joe Hart's cousin' was very funny. Its so typical of them. I remember one time on Sky Sports News (about 10 years ago) when Peter Crouch was playing well for England, they went to his old school and interviewed his old PE teacher to talk about the potential that he showed when he was a teenager!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

Agreed. Some of them have been poor but I thought last nights was great. The English are always trying to play down the riots caused by their own supporters and blame everyone else. Every time they interview the England supporters caught up in the rioting you'd swear butter wouldn't melt.

Also the bit about interviewing 'Somebody who knows Joe Hart's cousin' was very funny. Its so typical of them. I remember one time on Sky Sports News (about 10 years ago) when Peter Crouch was playing well for England, they went to his old school and interviewed his old PE teacher to talk about the potential that he showed when he was a teenager!

Oh nooooo, those English,always at it:rolleyes:

Ah no I completely get the joke, just the execution wasn't great! The Joe Hart bit was good though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Brilliant one tonight, I love them ripping the piss out of TV3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

25 minute ad breaks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

"Maaaaaauuun Uneeeted"

There was huge effort by Neil Lennon right there LOLOLOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Here it is for those like myself who missed it...

https://twitter.com/RTEsoccer/status/745731642535247873

Advertisement