Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork garden rotavating advice?

Options
  • 11-06-2016 7:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,
    I'm looking to have my front and rear garden rotavated.
    I'm planning on setting a new lawn/hedging/trees/etc by myself!
    What I'm basically looking for is somebody who'll roatavate my lawn it's less than .2 of am acre and leave me sort out the lawn/organising top soil/planting/etc. I have rang a few people and they won't hear of this and want to do the whole garden.
    Can anybody recommend somebody who'll just rotavate the lawn I'm in a Cork city suburb.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

corkgarden wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm looking to have my front and rear garden rotavated.
    I'm planning on setting a new lawn/hedging/trees/etc by myself!
    What I'm basically looking for is somebody who'll roatavate my lawn it's less than .2 of am acre and leave me sort out the lawn/organising top soil/planting/etc. I have rang a few people and they won't hear of this and want to do the whole garden.
    Can anybody recommend somebody who'll just rotavate the lawn I'm in a Cork city suburb.

Why not hire one out for the day?
    http://www.careytools.com/hire/gardening-landscaping/ground-cultivation/cultivator-/168/

• Registered Users Posts: 6 corkgarden

We looked into renting one of those rotavators and we basically told that they weren't really suitable for what we need done and we need a small tractor/rotavator to do the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

corkgarden wrote: »
    We looked into renting one of those rotavators and we basically told that they weren't really suitable for what we need done and we need a small tractor/rotavator to do the job!

If you are putting topsoil on top and the existing ground isn't too stony I don't see it being a major issue. If there is a thick grass cover there at the moment it can impede a hand rotavator alright but if it's light enough it might be worth a go.
    (I can see why it might not be worth the trouble to a landscaper to just come in to do that small bit.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Things must be tigering again for the landscrapers if they are turning down work again

I have one of those rotavators like the one you can rent and could possibly do the job if you were stuck (would have to see it first). If there is stuff growing on it that would have to go first. Cutting it with a lawnmower in the lowest or 2nd-lowest setting should do it, as long as field is nice and yellow/brown before ya start rotavating

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I can give you a number to ring perhaps he might be able to help out

• Advertisement
Advertisement