Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Twinnings tea not great quality in Ireland

• 11-06-2016 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

I switched from Barrys tea because something was giving me heartburn in my breakfast menu and I only eat toast and tea for breakfast so thought it must be the tea. This morning tried Twinnings. The packaging was all nice and pretty but the tea was not anything special. I think I wouldn't even know the difference between Barry's tea and Twinings and my wife actually said she prefers Barry's tea. Isn't twinnings tea supposed to be exceptional quality? I remember drinking the english breakfast Twinnings tea in Spain and it was expensive but delicious and really you felt that the money was well spent but here in Ireland it seemed inferior in quality. Even the teabags seem like poor quality.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's down to personal taste. I don't like Twinning but my wife won't drink anything else. She buys it here and in the UK and says there's no difference. And boy does she drink some amount of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

I find that tea tastes different depending on the water that you make it with. I live in a very hard water area and my parents live in a soft water area and the same tea I always drink tastes totally different to me when I make it in their house.

Maybe the water used to make the tea you had in Spain was different to the normal water in your area and that's why the tea tastes different.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭regi3457

PCX wrote: »
    I find that tea tastes different depending on the water that you make it with. I live in a very hard water area and my parents live in a soft water area and the same tea I always drink tastes totally different to me when I make it in their house.

Maybe the water used to make the tea you had in Spain was different to the normal water in your area and that's why the tea tastes different.

water could have something to do with it but drinking Twinnings after Barry's tea with the same water should reassure me that Twinnings is better quality tea. I could not really discern any difference between the two this week. Maybe Barrys tea is also just really good quality tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Needs more water... Probably drain the pan after frying the chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue, so moving to Coffee & Tea

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement