Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Hawke Ballistic App 'X-Act'

Options
  • 11-06-2016 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

For anyone interested, Hawke have a new Ballistic App to compliment their other apps, namely Chairgun (also great on the laptop) and Hawke BRC

The main difference with this is that it covers a lot of calibers compared to their other apps and has 22lr, hmr,223rem, etc.

Good selection of Hawke reticles too and although I have only been playing with it a few days, it looks pretty well put together.

Worth a try anyway, their other apps are quite good for free apps.

http://www.hawkeoptics.co.uk/x-act.html

Fair play to Hawke for putting some time into developing free apps for what has been traditionally seen as the budget end of the market.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

Looks good but I think I'll stick with Strelok Pro.
    amadablam wrote: »
    For anyone interested, Hawke have a new Ballistic App to compliment their other apps, namely Chairgun (also great on the laptop) and Hawke BRC

The main difference with this is that it covers a lot of calibers compared to their other apps and has 22lr, hmr,223rem, etc.

Good selection of Hawke reticles too and although I have only been playing with it a few days, it looks pretty well put together.

Worth a try anyway, their other apps are quite good for free apps.

http://www.hawkeoptics.co.uk/x-act.html

Fair play to Hawke for putting some time into developing free apps for what has been traditionally seen as the budget end of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

PSXDupe wrote: »
    Looks good but I think I'll stick with Strelok Pro.

Delighted for you....... It's great to see you could do a comparison so quickly too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Spent a while playing with this this morning - It's very handy for those of us using Hawke scopes alright.

SFP reticle representations and incline calculator built in are crackin' features - the former is only in the paid version of strolok I believe and I don't think the latter is in there at all.

Strolok will still be my go to for non-Hawke glass, but this is a crackin' app if you're using the complimentary hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Downloaded it yesterday for a look. Seems easy to use. Have a hawke scope on the 22 so I'll try it out and see how it goes.

Advertisement