Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's finally happened...

Options
  • 11-06-2016 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭

...I cannot find any bike related stuff to buy. I have everything I need including plenty of spare parts.

I have €100 in a PayPal account and figured I'd trawl through CRC, Wiggle, Ribble etc and see if there were any sales or anything that took my fancy and after nearly an hour scanning various sites I've given up. For the first time since I started cycling 5 years ago there is absolutely nothing (not including bikes or wheels) that I want to buy. I have multiples of jerseys, shorts, socks, I have 3 helmed, 3 pairs of shoes, brand new spare tyres for both bikes and plenty of tubes, gels, arse cream etc etc I have all the necessary tools required for 99% of jobs on a bike. I have pumps and many pairs of glasses. There is simply nothing left to buy.

I never thought the day would come.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Sounds like you've taken a blow to the head.

Invest in a new helmet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

An hour on the internet could have been an hour on the bike! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Luxman wrote: »
    An hour on the internet could have been an hour on the bike! :-)

Unfortunately not today, I have to look after the off Spring while the missus wastes a beautiful day like this wandering around shops with her mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭MadDog1999

Spend more time on the bike than the Internet! Maybe while you are riding you suddenly realise you need something and then there is something to buy :) Did you consider talking up a project to upgrade one of the bikes? You could spend money on buying new handlebars for example or even a new saddle. In my case you always need something, you might even see a new bike and want that. Bike envy is normal in the blood of cyclists ;) you might even want a better performing jersey or shorts!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Nope. You need future consumables; bar tape, brake blocks, cables, tubes and tyres.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,085 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Tool chest. Or socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Sounds like you need a new bike to buy stuff for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Garmin virb on sports persuit -€95

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Hövding? Bet you don't have one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Feck, I was sure you'd forget the arse cream. Sounds like you're well covered :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I'm the complete opposite.

Shoes
    Cleats
    Speedo
    New helmet
    Upgrade wheels
    Glasses

Bike..........oh no hang on......I bought new one 2 weeks ago ... She's a keeper!!! The rest will wait!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

How has nobody else spotted the 1% that he has clearly stated that he does not have tools for!

Off you go tool shopping OP for your elusive 1%.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you could take up triathlons. buy some swimming togs.

you could take up triathlons. buy some swimming togs.

Don't be silly.
    Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    How has nobody else spotted the 1% that he has clearly stated that he does not have tools for!

Off you go tool shopping OP for your elusive 1%.

Nah, have no need for a wheel trying stand.
    jamesd wrote: »

No interest in one.
    Lumen wrote: »
    Tool chest. Or socks.

Have both.
    Brian? wrote: »
    Nope. You need future consumables; bar tape, brake blocks, cables, tubes and tyres.

Have spare tape, brake blocks cables tubes and tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭kavanagh_h

Do you have co2pump and canisters?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Do you have one of those little brackets that goes under water bottle to attach a pump and 2 co2 canisters?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

It sounds like you have reached 'Peak Bikeness', you need to seek medical attention immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Do you have any bib shorts with a kuku penthouse?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

how many bikes do you own?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Send me your PayPal details.

I need stuff.

• Advertisement

how many bikes do you own?

3.. A good bike, a winter/wet weather bike and a MTB.

BTW scheme rolling over again in January so will most likely avail of it again
    Weepsie wrote: »
    Do you have one of those little brackets that goes under water bottle to attach a pump and 2 co2 canisters?

Yes but don't use it as I prefer the cartridges inside my saddle pouch.
    kavanagh_h wrote: »
    Do you have co2pump and canisters?

Yes two pump heads and plenty of spare cartridges

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭g0g

jamesd wrote: »
    Not wanting to hijack this thread, but does anyone have one of these a few years and still find they use it much? I'm kinda tempted at that price as a new toy to play around with, but not sure if it'd only keep my interest for a few commutes or spins. Do they create such massive files that you rarely keep anything? I've read the full review on DC Rainmaker but wondering if people are still using them actively?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Craig06

Campaign corkscrew? Parktool Pizza cutter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Craig06 wrote: »
    Campaign corkscrew? Parktool Pizza cutter?

Their use in cycling is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭Thud

Nah, have no need for a wheel trying stand.

Yeah but....

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/p-k-lie-special250-wheel-truing-stand-46047/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I was thinking I didn't need anything but recently bought new mtb shoes. Square taper bb. Cassette . Chain. Mtb tyres. An prob ably a new set of road wheels soon.

Advertisement