Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Users manual.

• 11-06-2016 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Hi,does anyone know where I could buy a Haynes manual for a vw caddy? (Year 2000) I've searched the Internet for one but not a sniff have I had,I'm starting to think no such book exists. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Haynes didn't make a manual for that Caddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

As above regarding Haynes.
    I believe it's based on the Seat Ibiza from the same era....but Haynes don't do a Manaual for that either. Although it might help widen any internet searches regarding the mechanical bits if you include the Ibiza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭glaswegian

shietpilot wrote: »
    Haynes didn't make a manual for that Caddy.

Thanks for that,I guess that put's my query to bed.the reason I was looking for the manual is to find out how to get the alternator belt off so I can fit a new one.i have it off the alternator but can't remove it due to another smaller belt beside it.i can't for the life of me see a way to remove this belt from the fly wheels so I can sort this.
    Any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

Does the belt stretch off is pry of on these models I know some of the older focus do.

Does the belt stretch off is pry of on these models I know some of the older focus do.

Thanks for reply,I thought of prying it off but was afraid it would snap and I wouldn't get a replacement on. Does the engine on the 2000 caddy have the same layout as any other vw of that year?

• Advertisement

Which engine is it? SDI, TDI?

shietpilot wrote: »
    Which engine is it? SDI, TDI?

1.9D

glaswegian wrote: »
    1.9D

Check your PMs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Haynes do a manual for the Ibiza/Córdoba, the Caddy is based on this, so a lot of the manual would apply.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Haynes do a manual for the Ibiza/Córdoba, the Caddy is based on this, so a lot of the manual would apply.

Thanks for that?ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
Advertisement