Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2nd Hand Car Issues

• 11-06-2016 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Looking for advice on a 2nd hand car i purchased last week tues. 7th. Granted a couple of faults myself and a friend missed when i took it for a test drive. First thing i noticed was the front seats are ripped where cloth is stiched to the leather, there is a hole in the rear seat, passenger handle above the door is broken and the FLUENCE badge is missing from the boot lid.
    These might be minor but on a long drive yesterday i noticed quite a loud noise when the car is travelling between 90 and 110 kmph, sounds like a whirring noise. Id like to know where i stand regarding refund etc. Ive been on to the dealer but he has not returned phone calls and email.
    Im calling into him on monday and would like to go armed with some info.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

The noise is possibly a wheel bearing. Bring the car back and ask them to sort the faults. You probably can't get a refund but they should fix the problems especially a broken door handle (which is an NCT failure) and the wheel bearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 stokesie54

Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The noise is possibly a wheel bearing. Bring the car back and ask them to sort the faults. You probably can't get a refund but they should fix the problems especially a broken door handle (which is an NCT failure) and the wheel bearing.

Being honest everything apart from the possible wheel bearing issue was clearly visible when the OP inspected so the dealer has no need to fix the cosmetic issue, the time to highlight them is before agreeing to buy not a week later. From reading the OP it's not the door handle, it's the handle above the door.

Thats the one yes, as i say i cant believe some of the things i missed, too interested in the outside of it and under the bonnet. Ill call into them first thing Monday. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

stokesie54 wrote: »
    Thats the one yes, as i say i cant believe some of the things i missed, too interested in the outside of it and under the bonnet. Ill call into them first thing Monday. Cheers

What year and mileage? When does the NCT expire?

• Advertisement

2012 94000km Nctd until jan 2018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

What year is the Fluence? Good likelyhood it's still in warranty.

Edit: 2012, good chance it's still in manufacturers warranty.

Advertisement