Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuboid mini - temp protection in ss316 mode

• 11-06-2016 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,

I've been using a nautilus tank and istick 40 for months but recently decided to get a starter sub ohm tank. I bought the cuboid mini and am a bit lost with it as I'm not used to the amount of options on the mini.

My problem only appears in ss316 mode. I have the notch coil installed and it was working fine. The mod is set to ss316 mode as suggested in the manual. It was working correctly until today. Now when I press the fire button it shows Temp Protection and doesn't fire. It fires fine in power mode, set to 38w. I tried reseating the coil and resetting the mod but it still doesn't fire in ss316 mode.

Any body got any ideas as I really haven't a clue what to try?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Hi,

I've been using a nautilus tank and istick 40 for months but recently decided to get a starter sub ohm tank. I bought the cuboid mini and am a bit lost with it as I'm not used to the amount of options on the mini.

My problem only appears in ss316 mode. I have the notch coil installed and it was working fine. The mod is set to ss316 mode as suggested in the manual. It was working correctly until today. Now when I press the fire button it shows Temp Protection and doesn't fire. It fires fine in power mode, set to 38w. I tried reseating the coil and resetting the mod but it still doesn't fire in ss316 mode.

Any body got any ideas as I really haven't a clue what to try?

I don't actually own the mini but I do own the Cuboid 200w,same menu as the mini,did you lock your resistance while in SS TC,also setting the TCR for SS,if all fails,I seem to remember that the mini has a reset to factory settings hole,my help at the moment isn't much good to you,I'm sure somebody who owns one will help you soon.
    In the meantime,I'll check out some videos on YT to see if they can give us an answer.

I have checked a few videos,but no answers to report,I presume you did the firmware upgrade,I know it just gives you a game & logo,but sometimes there are hidden bug fixes that comes along with the upgrade.
    Is the wattage to low or too high in SS mode,you must lock the resistance of the coil in TC mode,it could be the coil,the coil worked for awhile in SS mode & still works in power mode,could still be a dodgy coil,we do get them occasionally,do you live near any vapors who have SS coil setup on various tanks which you could test to see if they worked ok,if you were near me,I could try a good few SS tanks on your cuboid to see if they were working as they should,sods law,you are probably living at the other end of the Country from me:D:D:Dwho did you buy it from,hopefully other vapors will chime in here & help you.

You probably seen this video of Pbusardo but worth watching again....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6FJ1futyYQ

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Tweedle Faduh

Thanks for the suggestions. I updated the firmware and locked the resistance. Seems to behaving itself now. Thanks again!

I spoke too soon. This thing is driving me mad. Now it's giving me Atomiser short errors regularly. It will work for a couple of hours then just stop. I remove the tank, put it back on, still get the error. I do this a couple of times and it eventually works. I got pissed off with this so tried a different coil, MTL .6 ohms. Worked for a while then nothing but burnt/dry hits. I put the notch coil back in, reads it as .2 Wont recognise it as .25 I press the fire button, liquid bubbles and spills out the top.

I really don't think it's my own lack of knowledge, I really do think it's time I brought this back and got my money back or a replacement.

I can't edit my posts but I forgot to ask for suggesstions of a different tank/mod combo that would be similar to the mini but without all the bull**** issues and simple to use for a novice.

• Advertisement

I can't edit my posts but I forgot to ask for suggesstions of a different tank/mod combo that would be similar to the mini but without all the bull**** issues and simple to use for a novice.

I would be well pissed off with it by now,where did you buy it,you should get your money back.

You want a simple mod,here is one that I bought last Sunday & it is so easy use http://e-smokeireland.com/product/tesla-100w-stealth-kit/ they are out of stock now but you should pick one up either here or the UK,curiosity made me buy this tiny mod,there is a slight rubbery feel to it & it will take any 22mm tank.
    The tank (Shadow) that comes with it is a pretty good tank,plenty of airflow if you want it,excellent flavour with the .2 coil,I haven't tried the other coil yet .6,once the coils are dead,I will use something like the 22mm Griffin which has an RBA deck & build my own SS coils,no more expense buying coils.
    You can buy just the mod if you like & buy a different 22mm tank that suits you,this mod really works better with a low ohm resistance coil like the .2,I haven't tried anything higher yet.
    The mod has an intelligent chip which sets it's own wattage to the coil,here is a couple of videos to watch,I really love this mod,perfect when driving & out on the beer....if you are interested in this mod,I'll try different tanks like the Nautilus or a sub ohm tank in it & let you know the results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usp5Lnops4o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVbgBbR2g00

Went back to the shop in Palmerstown and got a replacement. Nice guys in there. So far this one's behaving itself. Fingers crossed it keeps behaving as I really like this tank and mod. Thanks for all the advice.

Went back to the shop in Palmerstown and got a replacement. Nice guys in there. So far this one's behaving itself. Fingers crossed it keeps behaving as I really like this tank and mod. Thanks for all the advice.

Good luck with the replacement,I am tempted to just buy the mod,I have 3 Cuboid 200w & they are great,the mini should be similar but with a Lipo battery built in,not keen on the tank myself,I need more airflow.
    I copied n pasted my comments above about the Tesla on another thread,might come in handy for a newbie...

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Presume you mean ESI when you say Palmerstown. Have always found them extremely helpful. Started me off vaping with some great advice and lots more over the years so I'll always have a soft spot for them

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Presume you mean ESI when you say Palmerstown. Have always found them extremely helpful. Started me off vaping with some great advice and lots more over the years so I'll always have a soft spot for them

Yep, sound guys, very helpful and lots of good advice from them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement