Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 England V Russia on and off the pitch ITV/TV3

• 11-06-2016 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Time for England to start there campaign can they make the back pages after being on the front pages.

Head to Head

England have played Russia twice since the breakup of the Soviet Union, with both encounters in Euro 2008 qualifying. England won 3-0 at Wembley and Russia were 2-1 victors in Moscow.

England met the USSR twice at the European Championship finals. England won 2-0 in a third-place play-off in 1968, while the Soviets triumphed 3-1 in the group stage in 1988.

England Team
    Hart
    Walker
    Smalling
    Cahil
    Rose
    Dier
    Rooney
    Alli
    Lallana
    Sterling
    Kane

Comments

• Second I mean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rooney in midfield :rolleyes:

A waste of a place and it smacks of fitting him in to pander as opposed to being able to deal with the criticism and questioning if they lose without him in the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Cant see it stopping at the turnstiles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm expecting an attacking match-up. Conditioning will be important; which side can handle the heat. It's going to be vital to make runs into the available space and carry an aerial threat - but enough about the chaps outside the stadium.

I'm sensing a 1-1 draw here. Not sure why Lallana and Sterling got the nod but maybe they'll surprise me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

I see TV3 are kicking off their coverage the way they ended their rugby coverage... five minutes of a "welcome to our coverage", and a fifteen minute break.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I see they are shoehorning Rooney in anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Really looking for a strong free flowing attacking line up from England this evening. Odds are we will play with nerves and lose but still every two years i look forward too supporting England and suffer mad abuse for it... Still keep coming back though as thats football.

Stupid Thugs in France should have their own run down stadium and let them fight it out and leave the football to the fans..... F*&%!NG P$1CKS!!!!!

COME ON ENGLAND

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Pity both teams can't lose to speed up getting their fans home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Paully D wrote: »

A waste of a place and it smacks of fitting him in to pander as opposed to being able to deal with the criticism and questioning if they lose without him in the side.
    He shouldn't be anywhere near the England team these days. Shocking decision by Roy. Ah well. Best of luck to the lads tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I will be shouting for England against Russia

• Advertisement

• blueser wrote: »
    He shouldn't be anywhere near the England team these days. Shocking decision by Roy. Ah well. Best of luck to the lads tonight.

Bit extreme to be fair

He finished the season strongly for Utd and is the England captain

Huge call if he was dropped anyway, was never gonna happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

england will never do anything with hodgeson as manager he's far to loyal to underperformin players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I see TV3 are kicking off their coverage the way they ended their rugby coverage... five minutes of a "welcome to our coverage", and a fifteen minute break.

Not entirely excited about this non-RTE approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The bench doesn't lack options

J. Milner J. Vardy N. Clyne F. Forster J. Henderson D. Sturridge J. Stones J. Wilshere R. Barkley R. Bertrand
    M. Rashford T. Heaton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

If Rooney has a poor game tonight Roy should drop him for the next match but he wont, too loyal to make that call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

England team looks unbalanced, it's a very attacking line up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

They'll squeak past Russia in spite of Rooney rather than because of him.

• Keano the legend ha

Nailing yer man about his contract on TV3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tv3 could do with giving that glass table and ould rub if a cloth and polish lol

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Bit extreme to be fair

He finished the season strongly for Utd and is the England captain

Huge call if he was dropped anyway, was never gonna happen
    Apart from his first tournament (Euro 2004), he's never done it in the big games for England. Indeed, reading a lot of the united match threads on here during the season, most utd fans were distinctly unimpressed with him. To my mind, he doesn't warrant a place in our national side. We'll have to agree to disagree on this.

• Advertisement

You're live, Trevor.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Someone took the batteries out of Trevor Welch there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭badshot

yeah
    and neil lennon looking and sounding
    like a bouncer on a sh1thole bar in glasgow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Welchy, an adonis of a man.

Expect England to be dominated in midfield as per usual, Hodgson is way past it, 2-2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

TV3 is where live sport goes to die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Should be Vardy in for Lallana, you need pace on the wings with that formation.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Keith Andrews looks like he's on his way home from a good night out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

TV3 is beyond crap. Still going on about Roy Keane comments after the Bulgaria game. Move on lads. The sh1te that Walsh lad was asking Keane in the press conference was unreal. Over to ITV I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

TV3 is so bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

There's zero CMs in that England team. Strange.

TV3 is where live sport goes to die.
    I wouldn't watch sport on TV3 (it's available for "free" elsewhere) if you paid me. Terrible coverage.

tv3 is bad alright.

However on ITV, Marion Bartolli & Louis Sahara provide the build up......

.... For some reason!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I really think England are somewhat shooting themselves in the foot a bit with only Kane up front when form guys like Vardy and Rashford sit on the bench.
    Why not play to your strengths woy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

This is why England will never win an international tournament. For some reason every manager they get panders to the media and plays players who shouldn't be in the team.

Why not play to your strengths woy?

Wayne must be accommodated at all costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Paully D wrote: »

I'd imagine he's up front with Alli in midfield. A waste of Alli's best attributes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

tv3 is bad alright.

However on ITV, Marion Bartolli & Louis Sahara provide the build up......

.... For some reason!

Ya, ITV have a history of picking famous faces with questionable English in their sports coverage. They had Cannavaro and Desailly before, both legends of players but hadn't the English to be good pundits.

They also have Ian Wright and Peter Crouch further proving my point :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭whatever_

BrookieD wrote: »
    Really looking for a strong free flowing attacking line up from England this evening. Odds are we will play with nerves and lose but still every two years i look forward too supporting England and suffer mad abuse for it... Still keep coming back though as thats football.

Stupid Thugs in France should have their own run down stadium and let them fight it out and leave the football to the fans..... F*&%!NG P$1CKS!!!!!

COME ON ENGLAND

I was in Marseille for the Tunisia game in '98. I can tell you, it's tricky to avoid trouble in that city. There are two main strategies in this game - either stay with the main group and be led by drunken fools, or peel off and try to dodge the local Arabs (available in both 1998 and 2016 editions) and Russians (2016 edition only) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Vardy not starting is bizarre, another case of England not playing to their strengths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Wayne must be accommodated at all costs.

At least he had an ok season but Sterling? Why woy why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

At least he had an ok season but Sterling? Why woy why.

He doesnt fit in the side though, sterling you can make a case for. Rooney is a joke decision.

Neil Lennon's having a coughing fit - perfect opportunity to go to another commercial break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hodgson is clueless. That not even close to the best team possible to play, and it's against their toughest opponent in the group.

They will probably win the game but still awful choices.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's not really a tournament with England if the management isn't confusing the heck out of the fans :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Thought Lennon was about to kick the bucket there

Keith Andrews looks like he's on his way home from a good night out

With the suit, slicked back hair and aggressive demeanour I thought Keith Andrews was auditioning for the part of the fifth Corleone brother.

Another break :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Hoddles let himself go :pac:

However on ITV, Marion Bartolli & Louis Sahara provide the build up...... .. For some reason!

Did anybody else misread that as "Mario Ballotelli" and immediately switch over to ITV :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Ridiculous team selection....yup it's England tournament football time!

whatever_ wrote: »
    I was in Marseille for the Tunisia game in '98. I can tell you, it's tricky to avoid trouble in that city. If you stay with the main groups you are in the company of drunken fools, and if you peel off you are an easy target for the local Arabs and (this time) Russians.
    Marseiile has a pretty grim reputation as a city. Allocating England and Russia to that city was naive in the extreme. The England fans seem to be getting targetted by heavily armed Russian gangs as well as local French mobs. Now don't get me wrong; some of the England yobs are no shrinking violets, and won't run away from a fight. But it seems a lot of innocent English fans are getting picked off over there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement