Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 England V Russia on and off the pitch ITV/TV3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Hodgson went for Lallana and Sterling because he's tactically limited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

That_Guy wrote: »
    It's a tongue in cheek comment. Clive Tyldsley on ITV after Dier scored said, "Justice for the England 11" for some odd reason.

Feck, its hard to not get swept up in things on boards. I was wrong and im sorry. England are still shíte tho :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Really?

England pushed in the first half but completely failed to capitalise which is the what separates a good side from an OK side.

They should have been hammering them but couldn't put the ball in the net.

Also can someone tell me how is Sturidge playing in that team or any team for that matter?

He's the new Walcott.

Run, run, run, run, run but can't cross or shoot.

He's a sprinter not a footballer.

Kane was poor. Shouldn't have been set pieces.

And as for the managerial choices and substitutions. Hard to put words on what ever that was.

He wasn't playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

I went to have a shower, and there I was hurrying to get finished before the ad break finished. I needn't have worried, I could have gone on holiday and I still would have made it back in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I'd say it will be carnage tonight in Marseille unfortunately....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Really?

England pushed in the first half but completely failed to capitalise which is the what separates a good side from an OK side.

Also can someone tell me how is Sturidge playing in that team or any team for that matter?

He's the new Walcott.

And as for the managerial choices and substitutions. Hard to put words on what ever that was.

Do you mean sterling???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Really?

He's the new Walcott.

Sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

YHa, that sentence reminds me of the IT crowd!

Saw that for the first time the other night. Absolutely brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

Oh listen to the nonsense on Sky news. It's all Russians causing trouble of course nothing to do with us at all. Pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

namloc1980 wrote: »
    They couldn't hold on against a real awful Russian team. Poor stuff from them. Wales will be right up for it. Bale will give them nightmares.

Russia are decent in fairness. Not tonight but they are always competitive. Wales are overrated I think. I fancy England to beat them just about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Really?

He's the new Walcott.

Precisely, he was so bad today, didnt even touch the ball!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

murpho999 wrote: »
    Usual bland analysis on English TV.

Not one of them has the balls to say what really happened.

A "freak header" according to Dixon. :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Aren't Russia missing a good few of their key players through injury?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 The Force Within

The English giving out about Russian hooligans is hilarious, come on lads pull the other one, just because youve met some hooligans who are as bad as you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

niallo27 wrote: »
    Russia are decent in fairness. Not tonight but they are always competitive. Wales are overrated I think. I fancy England to beat them just about.

punditspeak

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Feel bad for Vardy even though he's not the most likable person in the world, bags 24 EPL league goals and sees Sterling and Lallana get a game ahead of him. It's a joke Hodgson couldn't accommodate both him and Kane in the team. You'd have to predict he`ll start against Wales but who knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Mars Bar wrote: »

Ya, their midfield is wiped out through injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Saw that for the first time the other night. Absolutely brilliant

Did you watch the whole episode! Its just brilliant! One of my favourite shows!

"The majority was positives tonight" - Man City player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

The English giving out about Russian hooligans is hilarious, come on lads pull the other one, just because youve met some hooligans who are as bad as you

This is the point if your a England fan your a target due to reputation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder will the FA want to exit UEFA after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Lee Dixon "Roy was right not to go for the 2-0"

What???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mars Bar wrote: »

They'll be missing a good few of their key fans through injury after tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The ITV panel have found absolutely nothing negative in that England performance whatsoever tonight. Incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

That_Guy wrote: »
    Lee Dixon "Roy was right not to go for the 2-0"

What???

Watching ITV is hurting my head. The management from England was poor, but they refuse to see that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

ITV are laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

JonnyM wrote: »
    Do you mean sterling???

Yup.

My mistake.

Maybe Roy meant to play Sturidge.

Anyone care to guess the England v Wales scoreline?

After that display I reckon Wales could take them.

Russia don't have a Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

Lads what was that massive explosion around the 89th minute. Sounded serious.

ITV presenter called the Russian goal a "sucker punch" but good on Glen Hoddle for calling it as it was, a good yet disappointing goal. Loving all these English tears. :D

Qiaonasen wrote: »

One of the Russian fans ate too much spicy pelmeni

• Advertisement

That's 9 Euros in a row in which England could not win their opening game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Firework.... Just sounds extra loud in an enclosed bowl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

She asks Hoddle will Kane stay on set pieces and he gives a politician answer by not answering the question at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Russian fans are no angels, trust me. In fact it is them chasing the english fans out of the stands right now....

Russian hooligans are seriously tough, no nonsense thugs, a lot of them have done time in the army and that would harden anybody up.

The old violent English hooligan element of the 80's and early 90's is gone, replaced by a crowd raised on "lad culture". They've no problem when there's 50-100 of them standing against a few locals and smashing up a bar, it's a different story when they're faced with man to man fist-fights; the overwhelming majority of them will run.

Typical bully boy behaviour; stand up to them and they sit down and STFU very quickly.
    Paully D wrote: »
    A "freak header" according to Dixon. :rolleyes::pac:

Great header. Great jump, caught it right on the apex of the jump and did the only thing possible, which was to lob the goalie, and he does it perfectly into the corner. Textbook stuff.

Yeah ,what was that ! surely not even fireworks should have got pass security.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

England dominated against an incredibly poor team and didnt have the gonads to go on and win it. Not clinical in the final third and struggle on set pieces. Lennon and Souness giving it to them on tv3.

England vs Wales will be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

murpho999 wrote: »
    The ITV panel have found absolutely nothing negative in that England performance whatsoever tonight. Incredible.

What has Lee Dixon been smoking/drinking all day. It's a pity Roy Keane isn't on the panel.
    Hoddle on now talking through his hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Don't worry England, Gaurdiola is coming next season to man city, the pep effect will bring ye the world cup in 2018

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Clampdown

Ugh, had England win to nil 9/5. So unlucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Yeah ,what was that ! surely not even fireworks should have got pass security.

That same security that was non-existent at the final whistle when Russian fans charged the English/neutrals next to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jaysus images of English fans climbing over fences to escape Russian fans after the game does not make pleasant viewing, like the videos from the last couple of days of the two of them rampaging around the streets of Marseilles.

May be harsh on the genuine fans but I'd **** the two teams out of the tournament or impose a future ban on both national teams. I honestly think someone will be killed before the tournament is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Russia don't even look like the past Russian teams that even lacking quality they were still tough to break down. England were doing it in the first half and then just stopped. That first half squandering by England could come back to haunt them in the tournament.

funny-gif-old-man-fight.gif

O its on now !

• Advertisement

That same security that was non-existent at the final whistle when Russian fans charged the English/neutrals next to them?

Good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Some rioting going on in the stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

Next world cup is in Russia isn't it. Good luck to England if they qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭RoryMac

England dominated against an incredibly poor team and didnt have the gonads to go on and win it. Not clinical in the final third and struggle on set pieces. Lennon and Souness giving it to them on tv3.

And as Lennon pointed out the 2 players Roy bright on to shore things up are the ones at fault for the goal.

The way England controlled the game and ended up with a draw only highlighted their lack of quality & the poor tactics/selection of their management

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I said it before, and I'll say it again...

ROLL ON THURSDAY!

• Advertisement
Advertisement