Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 England V Russia on and off the pitch ITV/TV3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hodgson says a lot of shíte with very little substance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That_Guy wrote: »

He was talking absolute ring piece there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Feel bad for Vardy even though he's not the most likable person in the world, bags 24 EPL league goals and sees Sterling and Lallana get a game ahead of him. It's a joke Hodgson couldn't accommodate both him and Kane in the team. You'd have to predict he`ll start against Wales but who knows

You'd have some sympathy for the man.

While I have very little respect for him, he's working with muck here.

There's very little to choose from, in the squad or from what was left behind.

You could lob in some on form players, but England have had plenty of criticism before for failing to produce teams and instead just throwing in their good players and crossing their fingers.

I reckon there's no point in trying to do any football. Just stick in all the really hard working lads - like Henderson, Milner, Dier and Alli all at the same time.
    Just run around like lunactics. It's pretty much the only thing the England squad has in their favour.
    Even from the bench then you'd have energiser bunnies like Sterling and Lallana to carry on the fight.

They couldn't outplay San ****ing Marino but they should be able to outfight teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Rooneys botched botoxed forehead is hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

One question asked to Wayne Rooney in the ITV interview: "Over the course of your very long career, has there ever been a match England deserved to win more?" fcuking hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

callaway92 wrote: »
    He was talking absolute ring piece there.

Hold on he's been asked leading questions with a narrative of England played well and were unlucky not to win.

Nobody is questioning the tactics or performance whatsoever.
    They're all hoodwinking themselves into believing that they are a good team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

ITV showing about 10 seconds of images from inside the stadium. UEFA need to step up their game big time in controlling these games.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Slovakia and Wales will beat Russia based on what we've seen today. If England don't beat Wales they'll have to beat the Slovaks to finish second....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

post-46297-Roy-Hodgson-England-World-Cup-Y58a.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

2018 will be fun...

French police are a ****ing joke, innocent normal fans having to climb fences to get away from the Russians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Stunned.

Looking at their form in tournaments and who their best XI plays for I'm baffled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Despite the late goal conceded, I thought that performance was really good. When is the last time you've seen England play that well at a major tournament?

It was Hodgson's conservative tactics that eventually cost them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

ITV showing about 10 seconds of images from inside the stadium. UEFA need to step up their game big time in controlling these games.

to a point but maybe people attending them should just ****ing behave themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

anywhere i can watch the carnage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Who was booing whose anthem again???

Plus ça change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Great free kick but what's the keeper at? Running theme so far in the euros, keepers making fck ups. He goes to his left and is about 2 yards off his line. Crazy.

have to say Cahill done brilliant, blocked the keepers view and then got out of the way for Dier to drill the ball in the same spot.. training ground..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Despite the late goal conceded, I thought that performance was really good. When is the last time you've seen England play that well at a major tournament?

when was the last time England beat a quality team in a major tournament??

Argentina WC 02 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

mansize wrote: »
    Who was booing whose anthem again???

Plus ça change!

Maybe, just maybe that has to do with what happened the last few days.

Maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    2018 will be fun...

French police are a ****ing joke, innocent normal fans having to climb fences to get away from the Russians.

Well they are more than likely concerned about the innocent people of France who have been terrorised by England "fans" over the last few days not to mention the actual terrorists trying to blow up people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

2018 will be fun...

Could be the safest world cup yet.

I can't imagine the Russian security forces tolerating much sh1te from anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

given all the alleged extra security surrounding this tournament, how the hell did the Russians manage to get flashbangs, smokebombs and flares into the ground, because the last I checked they are basically small explosive devices.
    shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

fryup wrote: »

Argentina WC 02 ??

Argentina were really ****e by their standards in that tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

2018 will be fun...

Sky News were berating them all day for being too heavy handed. Now they're on about them not doing enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

ardinn wrote: »
    anywhere i can watch the carnage?

The news channel France ENG (Sky Channel 513 here in the UK) showed footage just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

I said it before, and I'll say it again...

I cant wait for it. I just looked up the TV guide to find the time and there it is.
    June 16 - 14:00 - England vs Gareth Bale

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

ITV News making England fans sound like Mother Theresa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ITV News just commented on Russia's anthem being booed which is good to see.

They do that at every game, and it's a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

BBC highlights about to start. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I hope the lager louts behave themselves tonight.

The news channel France ENG (Sky Channel 513 here in the UK) showed footage just now.

Just watching some from today actually.

Marsaille seems like a lovely city, but im watching it being torn apart by fúcking morons - russians and english. Why would you bother trying to host these tournaments when this goes on.

Both teams should be asked to leave and fans removed to ports and airports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

ITV News making England fans sound like Mother Theresa[/QUOTE

they're not as bad as that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

The Russians were certainly not shy today. Both Russia and England should be f***ed outta the tournament.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 The Force Within

Red Kev wrote: »
    No, it's Marseille.

But that's not important right now.

Ive nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just watching some from today actually.

Marsaille seems like a lovely city, but im watching it being torn apart by fúcking morons - russians and english. Why would you bother trying to host these tournaments when this goes on.

Both teams should be asked to leave and fans removed to ports and airports.

It's far from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

keane2097 wrote: »
    It's far from it.

Marseille is the dodgiest city in western Europe I've visited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Where the **** were the stadium stweards / security? Utter ****e. For all the crowing on about extra security measures for matches you have tossers letting off fireworks and then charging at other fans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

Marseille is a scumbag ****hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

keane2097 wrote: »
    It's far from it.

Absolute hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What does England, Russia and Marseille have in common? They're all worth a miss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Lack of footage up on youtube. But this fuzzy footage shows the English fans being chased by the Russian fans (apparently).

Sort of reminiscent of Heysel. Amazing something like this can happen in this day and age.

it appears the russian fans where guilty here in the incidents that occurred inside the stadium. so dont critisis england without knowing what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

mada999 wrote: »
    have to say Cahill done brilliant, blocked the keepers view and then got out of the way for Dier to drill the ball in the same spot.. training ground..

Keeper is still very poor though. Free kick right outside the box and he moves to the left when his wall has him covered. You'd want to be some magician to get it up and over the wall from 15 yards out. To make matters worse he's about 4 yards off his line when the shot is taken and it practically goes straight over his head-wasn't like it went in top corner. Awful keeping. He makes howlers at every tournament. Dier hit it well but it's the keepers fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Superhorse

Lol. Sky now saying Russian fans dressed up in England shirts to make it seem like it was England fans causing the trouble. That's nonsense and propaganda RT or Kim Yun Fat would be proud of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,055 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Surely any right thinking fan who has no interest in fighting will head straight to their hotel rooms immediately.

You'd be mad to stay out drinking tonight from the sound of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

It's far from a lovely city and the local football supporters there have made it known that they were going to try and attack visiting football supporters.

I said it looks nice! Was never there to be fair so I will take your word for it! Still, extreme repercussions should occur.

UEFA will open disciplinary proceedings over the violence in Marseille, with Russia facing the stronger sanctions after its fans attacked England supporters in the stadium.
    After a third straight day of fighting in the Mediterranean port city, violence spread to the Stade Velodrome at Saturday's game.
    After the 1-1 draw, a large group of Russian fans in one of the stands behind the goal advanced on England supporters in the neighboring area, throwing objects and breaking through a line of stewards. England fans fled for the exits.
    When UEFA's disciplinary panel judges the latest incident in Marseille, it could take Russian fans' track record of violence into account, including at Euro 2012 when stadium security staff were attacked in Poland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

fryup wrote: »

Argentina WC 02 ??

Yeah that game strikes out in my mind. It was a borefest from what I can remember, a usual England game back then.

Advertisement